Medal of Honor

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Randiesel75, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Medal of Honor

As a huge fan of Battlefield Bad Company 2, I will be picking up my pre-order reserve copy of Medal of Honor tomorrow evening. I have 1 friend who will also have the game tomorrow. So my question is, are there any other TF members picking up this this EA title that would like to help us round out a squad of 4 soldiers?

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

How similar is the gameplay to BBC2? I've seen the trailers and such and it looks pretty cool, but I absolutely HATED BBC2's gameplay and multiplayer. I've heard MoH is more like CoD, but I'd hope it is its own game.

And side note, them removing the Taliban and succumbing to the pressure of pussies across the world almost makes me not want to get it lol

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll wait for reviews.

Respawn's game when it comes out > everyone, IMO.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I love BFBC2, the MP was excellent, IMO. I never had any issues besides maybe some expected release week lag that most games experience. It's supposed to be a blend of BF and CoD, somewhere in the middle. So the maps will not be as large, but it shouldn't be as fast twitch a FPS as CoD. I do not like CoD, so I am interested to see how this plays for me. I will post up my own personal review after I give the MP some hours.

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I like BF2 better than CoD...bigger maps make the game a lot more fun.

6. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

That plus the fact that you get much better results when you play within your squad and employ a good squad strategy.

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I'll be picking this up for sure, just tryingto decide on ps3 or xbox. I loved BFBC2 and still play it. Got sick of everyone using the "pussy ass heartbeat monitor" guns in cod, haha.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What game are you referring to Shaun?

I unfortunately won't be picking this up. I wanted to but I played the Beta on PC and it just wasn't anything special. Too much of the same ol same ol for me. COD has its flaws but in the end it'll be more fun for me.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They haven't announced anything yet, but you know they are working on a shooting game.

10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think they originally were going to try to blend CoD and BC2 together...

But I believe they didn't like how it went so they pretty much just went with BC2 on smaller maps.

This is what I saw a while ago, but I may be remembering incorrectly or picked up false information...

Regardless... NCAA, FIFA, and Reach are plenty to hold me over til Black Ops... won't be picking up MoH unless the multiplayer reviews are amazing.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Didn't it come out today?

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Do not buy this game. I just played for an hour with 3 guys. We all decided to go back to BFBC2, which is where I am headed. Just wanted to post this up and save others from wasting $60. While the trailers looked dope, the game is a flop. I can elaborate more in the morning.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I tell you guys, you all should all go out and pick up rainbow six vegas 2. one of the best Online shooters IMO. No young idiots and you can actually bad idiots from games. Anyone interested in that, me and bud light would show you guys the ropes, as we would absolutely destroy other teams on that game. I cannot remember the the exact score but our best 20 minute death match as a team was something like 280kills to 35 deaths.

14. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I played it when it was still relatively new and it wasn't bad. I preferred just playing co-op, I thought it was really well done. Multiplayer was just okay though.

Tried to warn you guys about MoH. Granted I didn't call it a "flop," but I did warn you.

Anyone seen the latest CoD videos about customization? Granted there will be too many cheaters and whiners and douchebags but the game looks pretty damn good.

15. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I guess I am just used to the larger maps, enforced squad play and tactics of BF. In MoH I find myself being killed immediately after spawning (like CoD). Between that and the random mortars, missle strikes and poor visibility, I am having a hard time enjoying the game.

16. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Played the PC Beta MP for couple days and really liked the short violent deaths. weight of bullets etc. But not sure I'll buy it.

I worshipped BF2, and have several hundred hours in BC2. thought maybe MoH reboot would be cool, I'll wait for you to play more Diesel. I'd rather smoke my extra $60 or spend it on Assassins creed in a month.

17. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

+1

best shooter ever made (y)

18. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Ok fellas, pulling a John Kerry here as my thoughts have changed on this game since putting a few more MP hours under my belt. Perhaps a douche move on my part with such a haste posting only an hour into the game. My apologies.

I met up with another TF member (1ke) and tried out a more tactical game mode. I fell in love with Sector Control which is similar to Conquest in BFBC2, just on a much larger scale. Initially I was playing Team Assault which is where my frustrations came. I need more objective game modes versus running around hunting people down.

The game is hard, it's total SIM. You must move in groups and always use cover. Being used to the larger maps in BFBC2 makes the transition a little tough. In this game when you spawn you need to immediately look for your group and seek cover. I found the best results sitting in a choke point, blasting cover then ducking and continually doing this as the group moves in small paces.

While I still prefer BFBC2, I can now say that I like this game given that I understand it is not BF.

Anyone looking for a game today or tonight, I have no plans. My girl is away all night and I am hitting the console hardcore.

- Randiesel

19. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Any fellow TF members getting into MoH tonight, I will be on following the Yankees vs. Texas ballgame. I'll be looking for some action with both Combat Mission and Sector Control.