**Media Dash Board & Weekly Updated Polls**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Iron Mickey, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

**Media Dash Board & Weekly Updated Polls**

[​IMG]

From here on out we will put all Pre-Season Assignments inside this thread each year and let's all work together week-by-week to keep updated Top 25 & BCS Standing in here. Along with Conference Standings too as they change.

2. Iron Mickey

Big 12 South Preview by TexasFight

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Sooners took the big 12 south last year and this year they arent just thinking big 12 south they are thinking BCS championship. OU may bring in the best offense in the big 12, if not nation this year. Junior heismen candidate Brennan Clay looks to lead the country in rushing behind a stout veteran line group. The only question i have about this team is their secondary if they can keep the big plays and check i think the Sooners end up taking the big 12 south. I think theyll do just that, they will limit the big plays and keep offenses in check.

10-2
    [​IMG]

The cowboys come into the 2013 season looking to stir some things up in the south. This team has holes in both the offense and defense, much of the load offensive production will come out of running back Jeremy Smith. The receiving core of this team is average at best and they will all need to step up in order for this team to win the south. The key games for this tea will be @ Penn stat and @ oregon early in the year. It is hard enough as it is to win in those environments, try adding a young team to the mix. If the Pokes can get by those two this team just may shake up the BCS standings a bit.
    9-3

[​IMG]
    The Horns come in wit the best group of wide outs in the nation, they are lead by senior Mike davis. The only question is can the QB get the ball there. Texs plays a soft non conference schedule so they should be well rested by the time the Sooners and the rest of the Big 12 roll around. This team has potential to be the big 12 champ im just not sure if its happening this seaso
    8-4​

[​IMG]

In my opinion this Aggie team is highly overrated, they are a good team just not number 8 in the nation. They dont hae near the talent that some other teams do and i think that it will show up very fast. They play a very weak schedule so that will at least help them out a little bit. I just dont see what is so great about this team. ​
    7-5​

[​IMG]

Texas Tech is a below average team this year, i will not be suprised if i find this team not in a bowl game at seasons end. Scotty Young will light the stat sheet up but this offense just doesnt have any other playmakers. A 5th grade pee wee team could pass on this secndary, look for this defense to be towards the bottom in the big 12.
    5-7

[​IMG]
    They have no playmakers, no one who will make a play in he open field or someone who can make something out of nothing. The D line and linebackers are quite simply not very skilled teams like OU and Texas will just ram the ball right down their throats all game long and they wont be able to do anything about it. I cant see this team upsetting any team in the big 12 so the season isnt looking bight for the bears.

4-8

3. Iron Mickey

ACC Atlantic Preview by JerzeReign

[​IMG]

Team User Prediction Outlook
    [​IMG] runthepound 12-0 (8-0) For the last two seasons rebuilding was the excuse, this year those "excuses" must prove to the nation that they can play. Led by Preseason All Americans Bryn Reener (QB,88OVR) and Giovanni Bernard (HB,91OVR) and a solid defense the Tar Heels looked poised to be back in the national spotlight this season. A win over #1 Alabama could dictate the Heels' season.
    [​IMG] JCA 10-2 (7-1) The 'Canes have all the pieces to make a serious run in the ACC this year but their inability to win big (user) games is their downfall. You'll have to be Mr.Magoo to not see this team's talent level. This team will only go as far as senior HB Mike James'(90OVR) legs will take them. If he has rough start the entire offense will struggle and that powerful defense will be on the field too long. Look for the 'Canes to make a run for the ACC crown but not the BCS, they're just not ready.
    [​IMG] Computer 9-3 (6-2) The Hokies have a solid defense but no depth. With a very suspect rushing attack they may be in trouble as the defense will need turnovers to get a breather in a "run first" conference.
    [​IMG] Computer 6-6 (3-5) Duke is downright terrible! With a horrible offense and a horrid defense I'm really f*ckin' surprised I even think they can win a game. The art of surprise will be Dukes' weapon this year and will help them go bowling this year.
    [​IMG] Computer 5-7 (4-4) Kind of weird seeing the YellowJackets below Duke but with an average at best offensive line that option attack will struggle. You can rest your hats on the defense all you want GT fans but if you can't score you can't win.
    [​IMG] Computer 4-8 (1-7) Average team all around. With everyone else in the Coastal Division getting better compared to them it will be another long season for Cav fans.

4. Iron Mickey

ACC Coastal Preview by King_CEPS

Team User Prediction Outlook
    [​IMG] DrunkenSolider 9-3 (7-1) The Seminoles are down a little bit this year from their normal talent level, but so is the rest of the Atlantic Division. The biggest question mark for this team will be at the QB position again, and you have to assume that Secord will again be at QB to start the season, but true freshman Andrew Lacey may see some reps as the season progresses. The best way to help out a less skilled or inexperienced QB is to run the ball, but if Junior Paul Pendleton is the answer and so yet another Freshman, Jamar Gold, will probably see some carries. The Seminole defense has the potential to be pretty good, but they are going to have to be great for FSU to return to it's 2011 level, where it was nearly in the National Championship.
    [​IMG] GSUtiger 8-4 (6-2) Marylan has been close, real close in the Atlantic Division every since Coach GSU took over at Maryland, and this year they will be close again, but they wont' get to the top yet. This will be Maryland's best year in terms of wins since 2006 as they get 8 regular season wins. Maryland will rely on the legs of Senior Caleb Porzel who Terps fans are very happy to come back. With a great back like Porzel expect QB Danny O'Brien to put up the best numbers of his career this year. After O'Brien and Porzel the Maryland offense drops off and could struggle as a unit because they don't have a great deal of talent. This could be one of the best Maryland defenses in years, but it will have to be really good to make a run at an ACC Title. The Atlantic Division will come down to the Week Nine matchup with FSU, and FSU will win a close one at home.
    [​IMG] Computer 7-5(4-4) Boston College could sneak up on some people this year, but they don't have enough depth to compete week in and week out. They could easily take down an ACC power in one week then lose to an ACC cellar-dweller the next week. The key will be Sterlin Phifer, who could prove to be one of the best backs in the ACC, and should get plenty of carries. The biggest problem for BC is at QB where they are hoping Josh Bordner will be the answer, but that would be a miracle. If Boston College ever needs to hit a game winning field goal they should be thankful, because they have a great kicker in Senior Nate Freese. If people over look the special teams game against BC, then look out.
    [​IMG] Computer 7-5 (3-5) North Carolina State has a rough road in the ACC, as they will have to face both Miami and North Carolina from the Coastal Division. The Wolfpack have the most depth at Tackle in the country as the have four tackles rated 83 and above, three of the being RTs. If the line can settle in and come together as a group then the offense should survive. NC State's hopes will more than likely rest on the arm of Sophomore Keith Walker, but if Walker falters then there are plenty of backups waiting and chomping at the bit to get in.
    [​IMG] Compuer 5-7 (3-5) Oh how the might have fallen. This once proud team and program has fallen to nearly the bottom of the barrel, and it doesn't help having to face an Elite team, South Carolina, from your own state every year, not only on the field but also in recruiting. Tajh Boyd has been a disappointment in his first three years at Clemson, but if he finally turns it around this year then Clemson will have a chance, but the chances of the erratic Boyd suddenly becoming consistent and leading his team are slim to none. Clemson will struggle this year, and the future looks even bleaker.
    [​IMG] Computer 3-9 (1-7) Wake Forest is going to be the worst team in the Atlantic, and it's hard to blame them. They don't have much talent and football isn't exactly the university's first concern. QB Brendan Cross is the lone bright spot and he is actual a pretty good quarterback, but he won't have any help. Cross will have to do it all for the Demon Deacons, but he won't be able to do enough as Wake struggles in 2013.

5. Iron Mickey

Pre-Season All-Americans By GSUtiger

2013 PRESEASON USER 1ST TEAM ALL-AMERICANS

Offense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    QB Bryn Renner UNC
    RB Brennan Clay OU
    RB Eddie Lacy Bama
    WR Casey Hill OSU
    WR Buck Butler Terps
    WR Jaleel Clark Mizzou
    TE Jeff Hayes U
    OL Scott Jenkins OU
    OL DJ Fluker Bama
    OL Seth Lyles UF
    OL Chris Littlehead OSU
    OL Jack Mewhort Aub

Defense
    DE Roger Callahan OSU
    DE Paul Herring Bama
    DT Jeffrey Whitaker Aub
    DT Jared Mcadoo UNC
    LB RJ Battle U
    LB Andrew Wilson Mizzou
    LB Shaun Lewis OSU
    LB Jake Holland Aub
    CB Mike Bracken Bama
    CB Joseph Booker USC
    CB Adrian Gaston Aub
    FS Paul Thomas U
    SS Corey Cooper NEB
    Ret Marcus Lattimore USC

6. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nice write up on all the conference previews so far. King you are right on about my team. Drunken see you in Week 9

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

No room for WR Greg Dent, hes an All-American. Its OK i dont want him to be that good because he'll be out of here early.

8. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

2013 CoC WR Power Rankings

Rank Team Players Breakdown
    1 [​IMG] Michael Bowman, Chris Brown, Aaron Parks Alabama returns a lot of depth at WR this year. 3 receivers each had over 700 yards and 6 TDs last year. With a senior QB, look for them to put up similar numbers this year.
    2 [​IMG] Jimmie Hunt, Marcus Lucas, & Jaleel Clark Missouri returns three big receivers that combined for over 2,100 yards and 21 touchdowns.
    3 [​IMG] Greg Dent, Christian Green, DeJoshua Johnson Led by All-American Greg Dent this talented group of receivers went for over 1,600 yards and 13 scores last year.
    4 [​IMG] Donte Christensen, Casey Hill Paul Bowman Led by All-American WR Casey Hill, who went for over 1,400 yards by himself last year, the young Pokes receivers look poised for another big year.
    5 [​IMG] Antonio Goodwin, Trovon Reed, Shaun Kitchens Led by All-American Antonio Goodwin this group of receivers went for over 1,700 yards and 9 TDs last year.
    6 [​IMG] Buck Butler, Tyrek Cheeseboro, Santonio Bryan Led by All-American receiver Buck Butler the Terps look to have another solid season behind this young group of receivers that went for 1,600 yards and 14 scores last year.
    7 [​IMG] Kenny Stills, Mike White, Dan Brown The Sooners return a solid set of receivers that combined for over 1,200 yards and 7 TDs last year.
    8 [​IMG] Sean Tapley, Joshua Adams, Robert Carey Led by Senior Joshua Adams the Tar Heels receivers are poised to have a big year when the person on the other end of the ball is Heisman candidate Bryan Renner. The Heels receivers combined for over 1,100 yards and 9 scores last year.
    9 Florida Chris Dunkley, Andre Dubose, Adiran Coxson This very talented group of receivers is looking to step it up this year. Despite all the talent this group of receivers did not even combine for 1,000 yards last year and only managed to find the endzone 8 times. Look for them to step up this year as key departures have allowed these play makers to get more playing time.
    10 [​IMG] Quincy Enunwa, Brendan Horne, Chaz Strickland Despite having no household names the Huskers return 2 very solid receivers that combined for over 1,000 yards and 4 TDs last year.
    11 [​IMG] Dominique Ewing, John Gallagher, Ernest Wilson The Canes seem to just reload every year, but this group of receivers has not really been game day tested. Aside from Gallagher, no other receiver had over 9 receptions last year. Nonetheless look for this group of receivers to impress.
    12 [​IMG] Ace Sanders, Michael Davis, Nick Jones After having one of the top receiving corps in 2012 the Game Cocks are forced to reload this year. The returning receivers only combined for 400 yards and 3 TDs. Look for true freshman Michael Davis to step in and make an immediate impact.

9. DrunkenSoldier

BOOOO! Bama receivers are all talent, but we all know in the end they will be in the bottom of receiving numbers. JFunk is no Saban he doesnt know what to do with all his talent.

10. Iron Mickey

bahahahahahahahahahahaahahah

BOOM on JFunk and his (10) 5-Star Recruiting Classes!!!

11. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Nice to see my group moved up from a year ago. Just hope they earn their ranking this season.
    As far Nick Saban Jr (JFunk) he just better be lucky i didnt get LSU!

12. Dean

Dean Walk On

2013 Pre-Season All- ACC

[​IMG]

Offense
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Position Name School
    QB Bryan Renner North Carolina
    RB Caleb Porzel Maryland
    RB Giovanni Bernard North Carolina
    WR Greg Dent Florida State
    WR Buck Butler Maryland
    TE Jeff Hayes Miami
    T Mark Shuman Virginia Tech
    G Tyler Kidney Georgia Tech
    C Bryan Austin Florida State
    G Seantrel Henderson Miami
    T Jermaine Johnson Miami
    K Jeremiah McGuire Clemson
    KR David Mixon Maryland
    PR Sean Tapley North Carolina

Defense
    Position Name School
    DE Deonte Arnett Maryland
    DT Jared Macadoo North Carolina
    DT Dustin Renfro Virginia
    DE Justin Foxx Duke
    LB August Campbell Duke
    LB Christian Jones Florida State
    LB Kevin Pierre Louis Boston College
    CB Lamarcus Joyner Florida State
    CB Dexter McDougle Maryland
    S Latwan Anderson Miami
    S Titus Till Maryland
    P Chris Ward NC State

13. Dean

Dean Walk On

double post, delete that top one

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Who has the Big 12 North? I need some bullentin board material, haven't found any yet:)

15. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

it will be up by the time you get your game in!

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'm actually playing right now... since you just lied to me I'd like 20 dollars plese:)

17. runthepound

Big 12 North

Team Description Prediction
    [​IMG] Husker fans have gone crazy since the arrival of Coach Jerzey 2 seasons ago, and for good reason. The Cornhuskers are the reigning Big 12 Champs and are on a roll. A tough loss to Alabama in last years bowl game was nothing more than more confirmation as to where this program is heading. Coach Jerzey has one of the premiere running games this season and although Lance Burkhead is long gone, Braylon Heard will be stepping in to fill his shoes. Taylor Martinez will be much improved this season and will also look to tear teams aprt on the ground as well. Mizzou may have to get used to looking up at the Huskers 12-0
    [​IMG] Coach Mizzourah came up just a couple of games short last season in repeating as the Big 12 North Champs, but this team is still rebuilding. The Tigers will still be successful this season, but there are just too many holes on both sides of the ball for Missouri to compete with the big boys. 9-3
    [​IMG] Colorado was down last year, but some of Coach Trude's recruits are finally starting to gain experience and it will show on the field this season. Look for the Buffs to really challenge for the Big 12 North Title but come up a few TD's short against both Mizzou and Nebraska. This season will be a huge improvement from the last 2 seasons. 7-5
    [​IMG] Kansas just doesn't have the horses it use to have to run with the Big boys in the Big 12. The Jayhawks will settle into a role of mediocrity over the next few seasons until they can find a coach than can come in, bring in the talent it takes to win games and challenge for the North Title. 5-7
    [​IMG] The Wildcats are still rebuilding and will continue to be a middle of the road team much like the other school in state. In fact, the game between the kansas teams may just go down as one of the most boring games ever to be played as both teams may just quit at halftime. 4-8
    [​IMG] The Cyclones are going to gai a new record this season and that is that they will be scheduled as a homecoming opponent to more Big 12 schools than any other school in the history of the Big 12. Congrats on the accomplishment ISU! 3-9
    [/SIZE]

18. runthepound

I accept cash or check(y)

19. Iron Mickey

Thru Week 3 Polls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

2013 All SEC Team(s)

[​IMG]

1st Team

PLAYER POSITION TEAM
    AJ McCarron QB Alabama
    Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
    Zac Stacey RB LSU
    Michael Bowman WR Alabama
    Antonio Goodwin WR Auburn
    Gerald Christian TE Florida
    DJ Fluker T Alabama
    Alvin Bailey G Arkansas
    Dallas Lee C Georgia
    Larry Warford G Kentucky
    Jerquari Schofield T Tennessee
    Darrington Sentimore DE Alabama
    Ronald Powell DE Florida
    Dominuque Easley DT Florida
    Kwame Geathers DT Georgia
    Jelani Jenkins LB Florida
    Ed Stinson LB Alabama
    Lamin Barrow LB LSU
    Demarcus Milliner CB Alabama
    Josh Shaw CB Florida
    Craig Loston FS LSU
    Matt Elam SS Florida
    Joe Mansour K Kentucky
    Ron Burks P Florida
    Chris Boyd Ret Vanderbilt[/SIZE]

2nd Team

PLAYER POSITION TEAM
    Cotton Raymond QB Ole Miss
    Michael Dyer RB Auburn
    Eddie Lacey RB Alabama
    Chris Dunkley WR Florida
    DaRick Rogers WR Tennessee
    Jake Kennedy TE Alabama
    Chaz Green T Florida
    Matt Branch G LSU
    Travis Swanson C Arkansas
    James Stone G Tennessee
    Steve Carter T Georgia
    Nosa Eguae DE Auburn
    Sam Montgomery DE LSU
    Chris Davenport DT LSU
    Kenneth Carter DT Auburn
    Jawara White LB Auburn
    Ridge Wilson LB Kentucky
    Vic Jones LB Tennessee
    Martavious Neloms CB Kentucky
    Adrian Gaston CB Auburn
    Steve Mills FS Florida
    Edrick Loften SS Tennessee
    Jay Williams K Alabama
    Tyler Campbell P Ole Miss
    Caleb Skinner Ret Ole Miss[/SIZE]

21. Iron Mickey

great work mizzou

22. DrunkenSoldier

2013 QB Pre-Season QB Rankings
    preseason based solely on ratings​

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Rank Team Player Details
    1 [​IMG] AJ McCarron (RS) Senior coming back for his final year, most likely wont keep this lofty rating but he is a 99 OVR.
    2 [​IMG] Taylor Martinez (RS) Senior coming back for his final year, hes got skills but it depends on coach Jerzey and if he needs to throw the ball at all, 96 OVR.
    3 [​IMG] Brad Freeman (RS) Sophomore, looks like coach Dean made a good move last year putting Freeman in mid season and he should be looking for big things from his already tested Sophomore, 90 OVR
    4 [​IMG] Blake Booker A Junior now starting for his 2nd year should be looking for some big improvements from Blake as he tries to lower his INT numbers by having a little more touch as he has a cannon for an arm, 89 OVR.
    5 [​IMG] Bryn Renner (RS)Senior starting for his 3rd year is MR. Consistent, look for him to have around 3500 yds passing with 30 TD's come years end, 88 OVR.
    6 [​IMG] Bryan Johnston This Sophomore most likely will be moving up the list after the first update as hes playing in Coach G's pass happy offense and only being a Sophomore look for even better things in the future, 87 OVR.
    7 [​IMG] Drew Allen (RS) Senior a sort of down year at QB for The Sooners as the Landry Jones era is over, Drew has a solid skill set and should play well on a good team, 87 OVR.
    8 [​IMG] James Franklin (RS) Junior was a breakout performer last year in Cream and expect more from this Junior as Missouri likes to throw the ball, 85 OVR.
    9 [​IMG] Danny O'Brien (RS) Senior has been a career back up and is looking to get it done for the Terps this year as a starter, only time will tell, 85 OVR.
    10 [​IMG] Brenden Summers True Freshman starting in the SEC is going to be tough but this kid has a strong arm and should be a good one for years to come, 82 OVR.
    11 [​IMG] Doug Koch (RS) Freshman also starting in the SEC will be tough and will have to over come some growing pains but it'll be worth it in the future, 81 OVR.
    12 [​IMG] Andrew Lacey True Freshman starting is always going to be tough but it can only make you better down the road, 77 OVR.

Will have updated Rankings after Week 7 and Week 14(or after last regular season user game)

23. Iron Mickey

2013 SEC East Preview/Predictions

[​IMG]
    South Eastern Conference (East Division)

Team Outlook Predictions
    [​IMG] The Gamecocks & Coach King stunned the Georgia Bulldogs last year and took the East again. In the SEC Championship they fell short again for the second time in three seasons, this time versus Coach Dean and Auburn. This 2013 Gamecock teams has a bunch of new faces including a new starting QB. It looks like the early favorite is Freshman Doug Koch, an athletic, but very short QB. He is quite accurate for his stature though. The real good news is that Star Tailback Marcus Lattimore returns and should lead the offense thru a grueling tough 2013 schedule. Lattimore combined for over 1,300 all purpose yards last season and I would even expect more. At the Left and Right Tackle positions they are young and quite underdeveloped, it will be important for the Gamecocks to get the ball out quick. On defense the Cocks are quite seasoned and should be okay. Senior Chaz Sutton returns at DE and will be one of the key components of the Gamecock pass rush. The secondary is nothing elite, but has a nice mixture of talent and experience. Punter could be an issue. 9-3 Overall, upset win over a more talented FLA team puts them a top the East.
    [​IMG] The Gators finally replaced that POS Coach urban Meyer finally after two back-to-back losing seasons bringing in former North Texas Coach TexasFight. Freshman and top recruit QB Brandon Summers takes the halm as the new Gators QB. If Summers can be successful as a true passer in the offense early they could have a dangerous attack. Their WR corps is one of the top in the country with Chris Dunkley and Andre Dubose manning the #1 & #2 spots. The slot receiver Adrian Coxson is solid also to provide depth. The Gators are also solid up front on both offensive and defensive lines. Middle linebacker Jelani Jenkins is probably the best MLB in the country also. Both of the Gators Safeties are also of All-American talent 11-1 Overall, but 1 costly loss as they will lose to South Carolina late in the year in an upset.
    [​IMG] Coach Bama was let go after making promises he could not deliver on during his 3 year tenure at UGA, notoriously the not going to lose another SEC game in his career. Well out Coach Bama and in comes in Coach Mike Price from UTEP. Price has a boat-load of talent on offense and defense to work with, but the question is can he make it all Gel? Time will only tell if UGA can continue to compete in the brutal SEC. Talented Soph Qb Art Harris takes over at QB too and has been everything as expected since committing to UGA. 9-3 Overall
    [​IMG] The Vols look to be back and competing after finally reeling in and developing some great young talent. Tenn. has the best offensive tackle in the country in Jerquari Schofield and a QB that can put it on you in Tyler Bray. While I do not believe they will not win the East, I do believe they could be easily a top 25 team by seasons end and be back on track for the long haul in the SEC. 8-4 Overall
    [​IMG] Tyler Brause returns at QB which gives Kentucky finally a chance to be a bowl eligble team by seasons end. After him, the cupboard is pretty bare and he will need his WR's to play better than what they have shown in the Spring. On defense, Senior Montavious Neloms returns to help a very weak secondary. The team is not very big on both lines of the scrimmage. 6-6 Overall
    [​IMG] Vanderbilt is just a depleted and terrible team.....their best player is wide receiver, 6'4" Brady Brown, a good Senior player and confused everyone 4 years ago when committing to the terrible Commodores over instead of Cal. He has absolutely no one to get him the ball and I think even saying three wins is alot. Time to start thinking about the WAC fellas 3-8 Overall

24. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Nice job g-unit. Your were right on the money with your predictions and hopefully you are again this year. :D

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't worry Coach Jerz will make sure he gets his numbers:)