Media Day

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Feb 10, 2009
    Big 12 reporter:
    Coach BBJ in your opinion how did the team perform last year?
    I didn't really like how the season ended with the bowl game beat down, but i believe we had a overall great season for KSU. We had 2 tough losses during the regular season to Houston and OU in back to back weeks, but our guys kept their head up and rallied for the schools 2nd Conference Championship. I would have loved to see Klein stay healthy in that bowl game, but it is what it is.​
    What are your expectations this season?
    I would love to say a 2nd CC, but we have alot of moving parts this year. We have a huge question at QB with Sams and Callahan fighting for that spot. We also lost 2 of are great playerson defense so we have to find some players to take their spot. Our conference schedule looks about as tough as it gets to open the gate. We will just have to see what happens, but i expect my players to be ready for season and to get the momentum rolling. ​
    What Freshman do you think will make a impact this season?
    I really like what i have seen from TE Scott Reed in spring practice and in the summer practices. He's a great blocker and has some decent hands. On defense i like Jeff Butler to get some snaps at olb and get the nod in passing situations to put his hand on the ground when we go in the dime. ​
    Your season is a success IF....
    Our season is a success if we run the ball effectively. With Hubert Coming back from injury and we getting a boost in the blocking game with Reed I think we can get the job done. The best way to slow these no-huddle teams down is to keep them off the field so the longer our drives last the better our chances.​