Archived Media Mayhem: Texas Longhorns

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Aug 5, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Media Mayhem: Texas Longhorns

You are taking over for a coach who could only handle one game in his short Texas career. How do you plan on proving to the Texas faithful you arent going to bow out on them?

What was the locker room like when you first arrived to Texas?

Do you feel you can turn this around this season?

2. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

You are taking over for a coach who could only handle one game in his short Texas career. How do you plan on proving to the Texas faithful you arent going to bow out on them?

- Winning. Simple as that. Longhorn fans are accustomed to winning and they won't tolerate sub-par seasons or a lack of effort on the field. If you didn't know better, it would seem Texas is 0-4. But we're 3-1 and still a top ten team in the country. That week one loss was tough to swallow around here, but we all knew we're better than that.

What was the locker room like when you first arrived to Texas?

- It was a little bit like "oh is this guy really mean what he says?" I think thats understandable. They were coming off two wins since the week 1 loss, but they still seemed a little bit down and maybe a little apprehensive. Most of our kids could have went to almost any school in the country but they chose Texas. Three coaches in two years isn't exactly what they envisioned. So building trust with them was my top priority.

Do you feel you can turn this around this season?

- We still are in good shape. If we continue to work hard, there's no doubt in my mind that this team can still have a great season. Winning the Big 12 was our first goal coming into the season, and we haven't stumbled yet. Oklahoma will be a good test for us and a real confidence booster for the rest of the season. We've been working on some things in practice that we're excited about and hope to implement against Oklahoma. We'll be ready.