Meet The BfR Members

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jan 6, 2011.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Meet The BfR Members
    Guys, post a little bit about yourself. If you want, you can post a picture.​

2. controllerabuser

Well, my real name is James Salas but everybody calls me J.C.

I'm from St. Paul, Minnesota born and raised. Played sports all my life. Football, basketball, and baseball were my main ones. I received a black belt in karate when I was 13 and I used to wrestle. Went to college at Wisconsin-River Falls for 1 year but didn't do what I was supposed to. I would go to my current GF's house from Wednesday to Sunday which wasn't helping me with school. I ended up going to a community college in Minnesota called Inver Hills for a couple years but my girlfriend and I had our first baby so I decided to go into construction. I have 2 sons, James(4) and Amilio(2). I currently work at Ford Twin Cities assembly plant. I hope I am able to transfer or it stays open. I really enjoy doing that kind of work, I don't know why.

My video game life.... Man, I've been playing forever. Probably since... Well, my first system I believe was the Sega Genesis. Loved playing Joe Montana, Bill Walsh, NBA Live... What was that one game.. Triple Play? I ended up getting the play station down the road and that became my next thing. As I got older, I ended up getting an xbox 360.. Shit broke.. I got a check and bought the PS3! Best thing that ever happened. I started playing in leagues by just looking on easports.com I think /ncaafootball or something. After finding out that playing in those meant playing with a ton of cheesers I ventured over to operationsports.com where I ended up meeting the likes of H22 and diddy...

What else.. Hmm..

My Pops and I
    [​IMG]

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    OK I'll go next...

My name is Bobby Green..most people call me Bobby..but you guys all call me Bob.(or Ricky Bobby)

I think I have a natural love for sports, I love all kinds..football, baseball, basketball, hockey..hell even nascar. I played baseball all my life until high school, where I thought I'd get the bright idea and try football. While I love the game, I wasn't very good at the sport (haha). Now looking at what baseball players make, I can only SMH. I live in the Dallas area suburbs, and have been married 2 years. I have a one year old daughter who keeps us crazy busy all the time. I went to a small community college but quickly got bored and felt like it was the 13th grade. I would do this and that in college for a year and half before I jumped into the retail business. Stayed there long enough to gain some workforce experience, and now at 27 I run my own construction business. It's in the electrical field, and it's been going strong for 3-4 years now. If I could keep it more consistent than it is, maybe I would be able to take more time off.

In the gaming world..well I am relatively new to everything. I started playing online a few years ago, but league wise is a whole different animal. At least I don't feel as cheated as lobby games. Everyday and every league has been a learning experience for me.

[​IMG]

Me and My daughter

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I reserve this spot great idea CA

Ok sdid has a long story to it. I nickname at furman was shake daddy. Part football and part something else i'm not getting into lol. So I changed it to S.Diddy and then people either called me shakes or diddy, so Sdid and 22 is my favorite number because of :

[​IMG]

I'm from Ocala, FL. Home of Daunte Culpepper, Don Garlits, the Travoltas, John Brantley, and Kadron Boone among others lol. I played sports all my life and sports video games since i was 5 or 6. My favorite games growing up were Tecmo and Super Tecmo Bowl, BaseballStars, and Little League world series. I been playing NCAA since it was Bill Walsh College Football on Sega. I found tradition football when CA told me to come on over from OS where we played in some OD's together. I also played OD's with Mike on OS too. I love this community and I dont even go over to OS anymore.

Now to some real life stuff. I majored in Political Science at Furman University. I played football there from 99-03. We won the Southern Conference twice and went to the national title once. We lost to Montana. I moved back to Ocala with no clue as to what I wanted to do. I ended up getting into coaching and have been since. I am a Dean at an elementary school near the HS I coach. The team I coach made 3 straight final four appearances then 2 elite 8 appearances and then this past year we lost in the round of 16. So we are a pretty successful program but we need to win the big one.

I live with my ol lady and her two boys. We been together almost 6 years. We got two dogs Riley (riley cooper) and Bailey (champ bailey) both girls.

Gator fan all my life my mom sister and aunt graduated from there. I would have to but I wanted to go to college completely free.

Cowboy fan since emmitt arrived. Before him I loved John Elway. Laker fan since Kobe has been in the league he may be my favorite pro athlete right now.

Been a SF Giants fan since Barry Bonds went there from Pittsburgh. I liked him in Pburgh too (Sid Bream still SMH!) Idgaf what he took he was great.

pic later

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Real name is Will...not William or Billy are Willie, it's just Will. Don't know why, parents just liked Will.

From east Tennessee right on the border of North Carolina. Graduated from East Tennessee State University in 2005 with a degree in Economics and 2009 with my Human Resources degree. I'll skip the job part since I just had an interview Friday and it all could change.

I'm 29 and have been playing sports and video games since I was probably 7 or 8. I can remember the fond days of playing Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Super Bowl with 3 or 4 of my buddies. Always fighting to see who got the Raiders or 49'ers. Grew up a Tennessee Vol fan due to location and try to make at least 1 game a year.

My name "onaradio34" is kind of a long story but one some of you guys might have shared. I've been playing NCAA online since it was available on ps2. I would create a profile, start off like 10-1 or something really good until finally no one would give me a game because anyone with a good record was seen as a cheeser. Add that to the fact that people could glitch you and give you a loss and hurt your dnf%, and I was constantly changing names just so I could get a game. In 2-3 years I probably went through 20-30 different names. "onaradio34" was just the last one I had when I stopped playing online ranked games because online dynasties became a reality. It's comes from my favorite radio show "opie and Anthony" on xm. It is often called the O and A show. Onaradio, get it. Dumb I know, but I was running out of ideas. 34 was just my basketball number in high school.

I'll leave you with this attrocious picture of me that unfortunately is the most recent I have on my CPU. And yes, I really was about to hit the driving range in a cutoff shirt and basketball shorts.

[​IMG]

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Well my name is really Gregory but f that name i hate it so i go by Greg. I am 31 years old and hae 3 wonderful kids who i have custody of. I am a huge Colts fan and Illini fan. My son is named Colt James. I picked james as a middle name because Edge was RB when he was born. My oldest Daughter is name Peyton of course after Peyton Manning and when she turned 1 i found out she had same bday as Peyton Manning. My youngest is riley but i wasnt allowed to name her. I am retired from army and full time parent now. I play PS3 and hang with my kids and thats about it

Attached Files:

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Well my name is Derek. Im 20 years old...so i dont have a set job at the moment. Which means im broke all the time lol. I been playing games since i was 4 years old and Started playing NCAA religiously about 4 years ago. I found TF before OS or any other site. Ive loved it since i got here. Im not married but i do have a great GF.

I'm a hardcore razorback fan. As you all know. I'm between either working or going to college ...I can't decide what I want to do lol. That's all folks

[​IMG]

8. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

My real name is Dave and I am 39 with the big 4-0 closing fast. I've been gaming since before some of you were born and actually remember Atari. I am married with three kids and a dog (the real Tuco, who is named after one of my favorite movie characters). Although I have a degree in journalism from Ball State and an MBA from Indiana, I am an avid Notre Dame football fan, having lived most of my life here in South Bend(and still do). For the past year and half, I have done some part-time consulting and stay-at-home dadding while my wife finishes her degree (at ND). But I should much busier soon, as I have been negotiating over the last few months to buy a small company. I love the concept of TF and plan to be here a long time.

[​IMG]

The real Tuco
    [​IMG]

9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Oh man, I knew this day would come. Following Did's lead, spot reserved.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    LMAO

11. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

My name is Huyen Nguyen.

Grew up in a small town in Oregon before moving to California for college. Graduated from UC Davis in 2007 and I am now a sales rep consulting with law firms on how to streamline their workload. Time really does fly, as I am turning 27 in the summer. In my spare time, I love to play basketball and tennis while also watching almost every other major sport (baseball, football, basketball, collegiate...you name it). I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but it's been years since I've been in action. I have a girlfriend that I've been with for almost 7 years now. The marriage clock is starting to tick...I just know it lol.

Googled NCAA leagues and came across Operation Sports. After lookin around, came across Tradition Sports Online through one of their links. Sent in my application and here I am! I am pretty busy with work or hanging out with the ole ball and chain whenever she wants, but I try to make time to get some gaming in. It's a hobby that enjoy and I don't feel embarassed about it at all. Just in case you guys don't know, I tend to dramatize things on the forums (OMG!! WTF!! CMON!!!, etc) but I'm pretty chill and just messin around 99% time :)

[​IMG]

12. controllerabuser

If you're going to go out of town, recruit and get your game in.

Meet the members was to introduce yourself not take jabs at me. If you have a problem with it come to me in a PM. If you still have a problem with it well then we have some issues.

13. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Oh cmon James, just messin with ya. Here, better?!?! :D

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Bahahaha I loved it

15. G-Force-28

G-Force-28 TAYLOR GANG!

haha I missed what happened. But I got a laugh out of the board says now. I gotta get mine up on here.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads: