Meet Tradition 2012

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, May 18, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The Tradition

Founding Members all with a join date of June 2009
    Hellisan
    jms493
    jfosh
    nyjuggalo

Added on and still with us
    mogriffjr - Join Date Sept 2009
    Hotrod - Join Date July 2010
    Blaza - Join Date Jan 2010

New Guys for 2012
    Parrothead
    Maxattax
    Twister
    Riptides
    SMLVictories

Hellisan - Commissioner
    Character
    Hellisan has been doing dynasty reporting a long, long time. In fact that is where he met nyjuggalo (juggs).
    He is a thinker, has his own opinion and a leader. One thing that has impressed me about Hellisan is his
    ability to see everything. We have had some questionable acts performed by members throughout the years and
    this fucker has caught them. Therefore don’t try to do anything fishy. You will be caught! He is always
    watching the league and is up 24 hours a day. Great person to commish the league.

Gameplay
    Helli can do just about anything on the field. I would say he is more of a dink and dunk player. He will
    slowly move the ball up field by finding holes in your defense. He is can give up quick on the run if it doesn’t
    work right away but if the game is close he won’t be afraid to bring it back in. A 4th quarter lead is never
    safe against Hellisan as he never gives up. You need to really beat him down all game in order for him to
    throw his hands in the air. He is a recruiting guru and takes a lot of time scouting and researching. It
    usually takes a while for him to start landing monsters but that is mostly dependent on his team. Bottom line
    is that Hellisan is probably the best player in the league. He has won multiple titles with crappier teams
    and just a guy that can not tolerate losing!

---------------------------------------------------

Jfosh
    Character
    Jfosh is good friends with Rynoaid and they have been playing PC Madden since the beginning of time. Jfosh is our
    "Nice Guy". Almost all leagues have one and fosh has taken that title. There is really nothing bad you can
    say about him. He is a family man with a career but always makes time for NCAA. He is a man of few words on
    the forum but his posts always are great. We love his laid back approach and hope he is more active come

Gameplay
    He is one of our JTV Broadcasters as all his user vs user games are live. I have
    watched almost all of them...lol. Fosh is all over the place and is a streaky player as he can play great 1 quarter and then have 4
    "WTF" moments. I have seen him destroy players and then get destroyed. You really never know what your going
    to get with fosh. My advice is to play him early when he is not familiar with his team. He gets better as the
    season goes on. Fosh has won 1 title. Oh yeah fosh is a KILLER at recruiting and I dont know how he does it
    but his team is always stacked.

NYjuggalo
    Character
    Another nice guy who has been involved with NCAA Dynasty Reports for a long time. He comes into the dynasty
    with fire but that fire seems to fizzle out around Jan/Feb. We always want him in the league as he is a model
    member. He is recently married (last weekend) and settling into his life. He is long time friends with
    Hellisan and recently became friend with JMS (we work about 3 blocks from each other in Manhattan). We need to keep him interested!!

Gameplay
    Juggs likes to run and run the PA Pass (especially on 3rd and long...hehe). He has been playing NCAA so long
    that he can just pick up and play. I would not call him a stick jockey but more of a solid play caller. He
    is a monster with a good team but will struggle if talent is missing. Don't worry he will tell you over and
    over. I would say he is an average recruiter. I think he needs to be a solid team off the start in order for
    him to be successful. He has won 2* championships.

JMS493 - written by Mogriffjr
    Co-Commish
    Character
    ---JMS is very active on the boards and is the co-commish of T1. Around here I'd call him the guy who cleans up what Helli doesn't find. JMS is always on the ball, always the 1st to get his games in on time and is one of the content managers of the dynasty. He is also the godfather of broadcasting and the #1 guy for highlights. His video packages of the games he broadcasts are second to none and really gives us the upper hand on the rest. I believe it is his dedication and his presentation that has given us and led to guys like Fosh and HotRod the reason to cop happapauge's HD recorders to give us 3 guys recording in our dynasty.

Gameplay
    ---JMS is one of those guys who usually has the talent to be the best but in the end he usually falls short. Usually one or two plays do him in and he sorta reminds me of Blaza but with a better team. Defensively he likes to play to your strong side of the defense and he usually roams the middle with his MLB and tries to take away the slant or drag routes. He usually likes to have strong defenses though which makes him tough to score on. Offensively he's definitely a guy who likes to have a strong run game. This year he's had his share of top flight QB's but it was his teams that featured John Clay, Cameron Kelly and great running backs that made JMS one of the best guys with a run game in the dynasty.

Mogriffjr
    Character
    He joined us after 1 season in 2009 so he has pretty much been here since inception. Another great guy here
    at tradition. He is one of the few that will provide nice content when time permits. He will bust your balls
    and we will bust his. When you win a lot as he does you become a target and he takes the punches well. He has
    won 8 titles here (i think) and 4 in a row this year...ugh. We are totally tired of seeing him win so we hope this new blood will help us keep him in check.

Gameplay
    STICK JOCKEY....mostly of defense. On defense he loves to roam the field as a FS and bait you to throw the
    ball his way. He can user pick with the best of them and tackle well. You have to set him up as he can over
    pursue and you will have to make him pay. On offense he is a passer at heart. He runs because he needs to
    but when he is down expect him to pass his way back into the game and not run. He can be beaten and beaten good
    but it seems to be a rare occurrence. He is an average recruiter. He will have studs at key positions but
    there will always be holes in his teams.

Hotrod and Dante
    Character
    Hotrod joined us late last year. He came in with his stock at its highest and we were all afraid to play him.
    He is a natural at the game and has gained a rep as being on of the best players on the site. We love having
    him but his experience here at Tradition has brought Rod's stock back down from it's over inflated price.
    Great guy to have here as he has commished other dynasties and is a model member often being the first to play
    his game and very easy to schedule with. We often bust his chops as in the beginning he was crushing folks
    (except his first lost to Wisconsin season 1). Blaza jokingly says when Hotrod wins that his cousin Dante is
    playing for him. Lately hotrod has had some horrific losses and it appeared to be very uncharacteristic of
    him. He is laid back dude and can take it as much as he give it. Also he is a another JTV Broadcaster.

Gameplay
    STICK JOCKEY...on offense and defense. He is very similar player to Mo. He is a passer at heart. You will
    need to mix up defenses against him in order to get that much needed pick. He can quickly move through reads
    and find that open guy....very frustrating! He is also a guy who hovers around the middle of the field
    looking to user pick you. His run defense and offense is suspect but when your can pass the ball like him it
    kind of doesn't matter. Keep the ball out of his hands is my advice. I would say he is above average at
    recruiting. When he finds what he wants he usually gets it.

Blaza
    Character
    Blaza....oh blaza. We had an award named after him quickly after he joined "blaza of the week" He was often
    LAST to play and we here at tradition love to harass those who play last. He has improved over the years as a
    solid member of the crew. I would call him the comedy relief of our league. He often has me cracking up at
    work at my desk. I love having him in the league and sometimes I want to strangle him. He will grow on you
    like a fungus but a fungus you will begin to love. Please almost take nothing of what he says serious and he
    is often caught making racist comments....please don’t take this to heart.

Gameplay
    He is a general on the field. He likes to have command of all his troops before he calls hike on offense. He
    often is moving guys around, calling audibles, hot routes and setting up the perfect play just before he
    throws that ill timed interception...sorry buddy. He is a really good player but struggles closing. He wins
    vs the lower tier of the league but rarely beats the big dogs. He loves to suck up clock and run the ball as
    this is what he does best. Just get him in passing mode and you will most likely come out with a win. With
    the league looking like it is getting better skill wise I question whether he will win a user game next
    year....pick a powerhouse buddy! Average recruiter....he doesn’t put in the time.

--------------------------------------------------
    NEW GUYZ!
    Parrothead- Very skilled player. He liked to run the ball a lot in '11 with a power running game. He won a NC vs my CPU Florida team in TF4 while I was out of town. We played week 1 of the next season I beat him in a close game(he lost a ton of talent). That was the only time we played in '11. He was a very tough opponent.

Riptides- used to beat up on me in '10. This year was different though. He had LSU and I had Florida this season in TF4 and I dont think he got me once. Offensively minded. Sprinkles in option from under center frequently with a pretty balanced attack.

Twist- One of, if not the, classiest opponent on TSO. Twist will compliment you on a play when youre up 20. Dont be fooled though. He has come a long way skill-wise since he joined the site. Now he is a guy that you better not overlook. He beat me twice this year IIRC. Likes to run the ball. Very sim player.

SmlVICTORIES- I only got to play him once before his disc broke. We played Texas(me) vs. WVU(sml) and it was a tight game the whole way through. I luckily pulled it off in OT. Granted I had never practiced vs. the 3-3-5, but either way he played a near-flawless game and almost knocked off a much more talented team with a mediocre squad. Will take advantage of any mistakes. Good on the sticks. Likes to run some form of option.

These are just
    my personal observations so take them with a grain of salt. I hope this helps you guys get familiar with the
    veterans of Tradition.

I apologize for grammatical errors...I have not proof read. I will later.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Nice write-up jms. Cant wait to play '12!

Here are the short write-ups I did on the new guys. (echoing jms here when I say take these with a grain of salt)
    Someone else will have to make one for me. Be gentle...

Type of player:

Parrothead- Very skilled player. He liked to run the ball a lot in '11 with a power running game. He won a NC vs my CPU Florida team in TF4 while I was out of town. We played week 1 of the next season I beat him in a close game(he lost a ton of talent). That was the only time we played in '11. He was a very tough opponent.

Riptides- used to beat up on me in '10. This year was different though. He had LSU and I had Florida this season in TF4 and I dont think he got me once. Offensively minded. Sprinkles in option from under center frequently with a pretty balanced attack.

Twist- One of, if not the, classiest opponent on TSO. Twist will compliment you on a play when youre up 20. Dont be fooled though. He has come a long way skill-wise since he joined the site. Now he is a guy that you better not overlook. He beat me twice this year IIRC. Likes to run the ball. Very sim player.

SmlVICTORIES- I only got to play him once before his disc broke. We played Texas(me) vs. WVU(sml) and it was a tight game the whole way through. I luckily pulled it off in OT. Granted I had never practiced vs. the 3-3-5, but either way he played a near-flawless game and almost knocked off a much more talented team with a mediocre squad. Will take advantage of any mistakes. Good on the sticks. Likes to run some form of option.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Love this @jms. Very nice write up about the gang.

I wish we did a better job at tracking seasons. I think I've won more USER games than I'm getting credit for!

4. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Dante likes this

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah that's exactly how blaza beat me. Run...run run, slow the game down. I almost came back and beat him in the end but I called a predictable play at the end. Smh....

Good stuff on me. I think I've gotten better recruiting lately. It sucks cuz unfortunately rutgers didn't have it's own state as a pipeline (thanks EA) so I really couldn't dominate the NJ area like I should have and get better recruits.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

As I told Hotrod and JMS who will be with me on the T1 competition committee.... This is my #1 priority for the next release. It's nice that Xbox Online keeps track of all the stats it does, but the bottom line is once you hit advance all that shit is gone, unless you maintain a file with all of it. So I will be downloading everything that the game will let me download and saving it to my hard drive, and then making use of it on here however I can.... Hopefully in some interesting ways that prove useful and fun. At the VERY least, for the next release we will never have a problem figuring out what a team's record was against everybody else or in a given season, or where they finished in the polls, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Nicely done

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    JMS493
    Co-Commish
    Character
    ---JMS is very active on the boards and is the co-commish of T1. Around here I'd call him the guy who cleans up what Helli doesn't find. JMS is always on the ball, always the 1st to get his games in on time and is one of the content managers of the dynasty. He is also the godfather of broadcasting and the #1 guy for highlights. His video packages of the games he broadcasts are second to none and really gives us the upper hand on the rest. I believe it is his dedication and his presentation that has given us and led to guys like Fosh and HotRod the reason to cop happapauge's HD recorders to give us 3 guys recording in our dynasty.

Gameplay
    ---JMS is one of those guys who usually has the talent to be the best but in the end he usually falls short. Usually one or two plays do him in and he sorta reminds me of Blaza but with a better team. Defensively he likes to play to your strong side of the defense and he usually roams the middle with his MLB and tries to take away the slant or drag routes. He usually likes to have strong defenses though which makes him tough to score on. Offensively he's definitely a guy who likes to have a strong run game. This year he's had his share of top flight QB's but it was his teams that featured John Clay, Cameron Kelly and great running backs that made JMS one of the best guys with a run game in the dynasty.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I might have something that help with this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

JMS was recently demoted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

This part had me cracking up...lmao....

• Like Like x 1