Members list

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, May 12, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Members list

I'd like to get a firm head count. My plan is to start fighter selection later this week so come Tuesday when the game releases, we can get going that night with the kickoff of the league. Unlike a football league, we don't need all the members to be signed up at the start. There are plenty of fighters so that if a new guy signs up later, he will have plenty to choose from. But, as of now:

CONFIRMED MEMBERS
    NYJuggalo45 - co-commish
    Shaunlmason - co-commish
    EaglesIrish5
    Sweetness
    JMS493
    DigginGraves
    RynoAid
    Bruce80
    Bogey21
    Bahnzo
    Blaza
    VaSteel
    Colemanchu
    HotRod

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
    ArchieGriffin
    theSandman215
    Holeinthesky
    Juggernautblitz

If your screen name on here isn't your GT, can you please post it so that me and Shaun can add you to our friend's list if not already on it.

Also, if any of the tentative guys, or anyone else who wasn't listed, wants to confirm they are going to be in, please post that as well.

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

btw...for those whose lists I'm not on, my GT is actually MMJuggs45

3. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Im in for sure, my GT is fatboyonadiet2, thanks

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

After downloading the demo and kneeing chuck lidell numerous times in the head I may just have to pick this game up as well.

5. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

What is the format of this thing going to be like?

6. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I have also have this game reserved. So this should be fun.

7. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Guest

Hi, I read about this from RynoAid on the OS forums, and I'd like to get in if there's a spot open. You guys sound like a group I'd fit in with, so would be nice to be part of a league here.

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I haven't really read up on what you have going here Mike, but this will definitely be a 1st day Purchase for me. Count me in.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yup i use to race some Nascar on OS with Bahnzo a while back... he's a perfect fit for our group.

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Everyone up to this post has been added in the different categories in the 1st post. Everyone who has posted, please read the "Rules and Regulations" post I will be putting up shortly. This will answer alot of your questions I'm sure. Anyone who wants to drop out (hopefully none) please post here. Anyone who is tentative and wants to confirm before the fighter draft lottery, please so. Any new guys who want to sign up, please post

11. Bahnzo

Bahnzo Guest

Two things from me.

First, I'm going to be out of town Thurs-Monday. I might have some net access one or two nights, but I can't be sure. Bad timing, but it can't be helped.

Second, I realize people are itching to get this going, but I'd like to suggest we hold off until after release before drafting. Maybe give people a few days to play the game and get used to the different fighters before being asked to make picks. I purposely passed on the Operation Sports league because they were drafting weeks before the game even came out. It just doesn't make sense to me to get locked into a fighter(s) that you haven't even had a chance to play with yet before the game is released. Not too mention there's the real possibility that the online servers will be overwhelmed the first few days or so......so any matches might not be able to be played anyways.

Other than that, the rules look good and make sense. If the game plays well online, this should be a good league.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Here's my thinking. The draft is going to take a few days. If we start now, it will be done by Tuesday. If we wait til Tuesday, the draft prob won't be over til Friday-Saturday and we'll delay everything.

The only real penalty for trading in fighters is loss of fighter rank. So the draft now would be more for your favorite fighters. Once we get the game, you play with them, realize they suck or you don't like them...you can trade them in at that point without any penalty since the 1st week is just going to be the release week tournaments, not the actual league.

As it stands right now, I think we only have about 15 members signed up. So with everyone getting 2 fighters each, that's only 30 of the 80 fighters in the game. Even if we got another 10 guys signed up between now and Tuesday, there would still be a pretty large pool to pick from if you wanted to trade in one of your intitial draft picks.

Plus, since none of us have the game in our hands...this will atleast generate a little more excitement and maybe get the smack talking started.

As for you being out of town. Do you mean this Thurs-Mon or everyone? If it's just this week, that's no real problem. PM me a list of 2-3 fighters in each weight class you like and I'll draft from you off your list.