Merge with SMFL?

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Merge with SMFL?

All,

I have approached site administration with the idea of merging the TMFL and the SMFL into 1.

A lot of changes would be made around here, including the possibility that you would not get your choice of team. I realize its not a great situation, but in the interest of running a top notch league, we need to combine leagues. Since I currently run the SMFL and it is the only active xbox league left, its the only choice at the moment. The other alternative, obviously, is for someone to step up and commish this league.

The other changes would be essentially an overhaul of the offseason and roster management. Its more work for the owners and especially the commissioner but I feel its the only fair and satisfying way to run an offseason. Checkout the roster management thread in the SMFL to see how things are done. I promise its not as painful as you would think.

Anyway, I'm really just gauging interest over here to see who all still wants to play Madden this year. Please voice your opinions.

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

My personal opinion - there's a lot more active owners in TMFL than SMFL. Additionally, TMFL has been around longer than the SMFL. That being said, I would certainly be open to filling the open teams in the TMFL with players from the SMFL (that don't already own teams in TMFL because I know that there is some overlap.) I would definitely prefer the rules and offseason setup to remain the same in the TMFL. I don't see any reason in cancelling a season that we're 12 weeks into, with 26-28 active owners just because the commish has stepped down! Most logical solution is to replace the commish and find new owners for the 4-6 teams that are open as of today.

Maybe MKeller could be our replacement commish??

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I figured that would be the opinion of most. I don't think there are 26-28 active owners, thats just my opinion of course.

I already commish the SMFL so I won't be commishing both.

4. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Typed a response. Forums ate it. short version I do NOT want to restart. Also I think we will end up with more than 32 owners who are dont even all have teams they like. But its a thought.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

26-28 active owners?! That sounds to amazing to be true lol

6. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

i thought u were doing this with ten year war

7. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Have you considering running the TMFL, as-is, with me?

8. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I like what we have here, I dont mind a merge, but I dont feel it necessary on TMFLs behalf

9. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

This needs to go to PMs, and not be hashed out here in general until its more structured. I have a full slate of 1 hour interviews (6 actually) to conduct tomorrow, I'll check in between applicants if I can.