Merger Status

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Guys were wondering about a few things in the SMFL so I gave them a status update. I figured I might as well post it here.

Right now myself, Bing, and Chicken are having conversations about the right way to do things. We're all keeping track of activity levels and participation as best we can. Thats whats going to determine who gets what team.
    1. As to when we will make that decision? After both seasons have concluded and before the draft.
    2. The new league is tentatively planning to kickoff Monday 11/15. More importantly, the rookie draft that leads into season 2 will happen the weekend before 11/15 so 11/12-11/14. We will pick a day that works for the majority of people and go with it.
    3. The new file is created already BUT the roster is not up to date. For example, Randy Moss still plays for the Pats and Lynch still plays for the Bills. I'm talking with Bing and Chicken about what to do about it. If we can wait longer to start a new file - in hopes of the roster getting all the way up to date - we will.
    4. This ties into 1. Right now we stand at less than 5 open slots.
    5. The starting point will still be the Season 2 offseason. We will do a resigning period where you may sign your restricted FA's (your restricted FA's are guys that had contract's expire after season 1.) This will occur very quickly right before the draft. Probably a 48 hour period tops. Then we will have the rookie draft. Then we will have a contract period where myself and maybe a couple others reconcile spreadsheets and ensure everyone's cap numbers are correct. Then we will have a real free agency period - generally 3 or 4 days where people bid for free agents. After that, we kickoff Season 2!

2. score23

score23 Walk On

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Keller any feeling on LM? I've not used it since forever. So I have no opinion either way. its Free to use however we would proably want to help support it if it worked for us

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

They've made a lot of changes as far as I can tell and I haven't checked out all the new features upgrades etc.

I merely look at it as dynasty wire, a nice way to post recaps and take you "around the league." Beyond that, unless they've done a major overhaul to the salary cap etc, I don't see anyway of integrating it completely or making it a foundation of the league.

I'll give it a thorough run through though before making a final decision. At this point I think its safe to say that we'll probably use it to supplement content for our league though.

5. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Roger that.