Merger?

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by hornfaninbama, Jun 20, 2014.

1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

BPHusker, qclassic 22, SunofGod5, Walter323

Bucs and I have been in talks the past few weeks about a possible merger between this league and The Final Countdown. They have 6 active coaches in their league (Bucs, myself, Todd Ramsey, Papa Perry, and Walter323) and we have 5. There are some duplicates (me, and Walter) so it would be a 9 team OD.

They are getting ready to restart with updated rosters for the 2014-2015 season and are curious if we would like to merge into their league and disband this one. I told Bucs we would take anyone who wanted to come over here, but I will keep this file up and running for anyone who would like to keep it going. Whether anyone stays or not I am keeping this one up just for me even if I am the only one interested in keeping it going.

The restart is in it's infancy now. Conferences haven't been voted on, carousel and the like haven't either. Sliders are being tweaked, we are looking for a good roster set etc. But it will be complete in a week or 2.

Like I said, I'm not going anywhere. I am going to keep this one running regardless, but between the 9 or 10 of us we're about all that's left of active NCAA guys on this site. And it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have 2 half full leagues. I have noticed we have slipped a ton on content, which, at this point, doesn't bother me in the least. As long as we keep the recruiting stuff updated and everyone stays within the guidelines, I really don't care anymore about the summaries or previews and wrapups. Everyone here stays active and gets their games in 95% of the time. And to me that's what matters most.

If you'd like to head over there and drop here that's no problem at all, I'd be happy to take any of you back at any time. If you want to go with both that'd be great too. If you just want to stay here it will still be home for you. I wanted to put this out there and see what y'all thought.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

hornfaninbama were every were going to doing my allegiance is with you. So I trust your decision

• Like Like x 1
  3. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

I just have time for one dynasty so however it goes I'm cool with it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

So whats the final verdict guys? We're voting conferences now so would love to get your input in before we start assigning teams. I understand if you want to stick here with this file. Just need to know one way or the other to keep the gears turning over there.

5. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

In my opinion I like to start fresh and try to build.... I really only have time for one as well but I willing to go with the majority.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

To me it's a no brainer. You have 2 separate leagues on life support. (3-5 active users max). Combine them for 1 worthwhile lg. My 2 cents.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

So I agree with a restart, Fresh start for everyone one 1-2 star schools or Pick from the one Big 5 Conf (sec, pac12,acc,big 12 and THEE BIG TEN)

8. Todd Ramsey

Todd Ramsey Walk On

I favor the 1-2 star approach as well, but I'm good with whatever. I just want 8 solid users more than anything.

9. Walter323

Walter323 Walk On

I am also in favor of the 1-2 star schools

10. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

We have the poll up over in the final countdown forum. It looks like the major conferences are leading the way . If your going to join up go ahead and vote .

11. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas