Merian leads Cards to victory

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by thafuture3886, Dec 2, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Jul 23, 2010
    Facing their 3rd straight divisional rival to start the season the Cards knew this game was an important one if they want to capture the divisional crown this year. The game didn't start out as planned as the 49ers would take the opening kickoff and drive right down field converting long 3rd downs as if they were in the practice field with no defense. Frank Gore would cap off the drive with a short run from about 3 yards out to take a 7-0 lead in what would amount to be their only points of the day as the Cards defense tightened up. On the following drive, the Cards would drive down field only to be stopped on 3rd down and have to settle for a field goal. From there it would be all Jason Merian as he would finish 16/20 for 275 yards and a touchdown and most importantly, no turnovers. The big physical wr trio of Floyd, Williams and Simpson would come up huge and combine for almost 200 yards receiving including a touchdown by Simpson. Final score would be 23-7 as the Cards move to 2-1 and have another tough game next week as the defending Super Bowl champion Packers come to the desert.

GG Warhawk AKA dreadman
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

Jul 27, 2010
    GG Curt......we just couldnt produce out there when it was time for us to convert...he knows who he is....and was demoted from 2nd on the WR depth chart to 4th.....he dropped two wide open perfect passes that were right on the money that we had to end up punting back to the Cards.......u cant put your team in a winning situation if you cant extend drives.............also had a long bomb that TE Davis couldnt hold onto when he seemed to beat everybody downfield in which we ended up having to punt. I wasnt able to man up with my CB's on the Cards WR's as they beat me everytime on 3rd and long or 3rd and short when I brought extra pressure for long over top of the defender bombs. Luckily we have at least one more against the Cards.

we will meet again!!!!
    • Like Like x 4