MG's Lottery Mock Draft (1 through 10)

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Oct 13, 2012.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT....
    MG's Thoughts: Well, the Chiefs had a rough go at it in the first HK season of the release. Head Coach Sporty's team showed flashes here and there, but could just not win a game. In the process, they became just the second team in NFL History to go 0-16. Still, this team has a lot of good pieces. Running back Jamaal Charles is arguably the most talented back in the AFC. Still, he finished with a disappointing 899 rushing yards, falling short of many expectations for Charles to go well over 1k yards. One big reason was of course because the Chiefs were behind in a lot of games and had to throw the ball, but I think there needs to be a philosophy shift with this team. They need to run the ball a lot more. ​
    All that being said, they still have a major problem at QB. Matt Cassel threw 58 interceptions. Let that sink in a moment...58 interceptions. That is over three and a half interceptions a game. TERRIBLE. The obvious choice is QB here...but who? That, ladies and gentlemen....is the multi-million dollar question.​
    MG's Pick: QB Caleb Brenton THEU
    Reasoning: This really isn't the draft a team in need of a franchise QB prays for when they get the #1 pick. That being said, there are a few reasons I think Kansas City puts all their eggs in Brenton's basket.​
    1. His size.
    This is a large man. Think Ben Roethlisberger minus the beer belly. He can take hits and stay healthy, and he can keep plays alive in and outside of the pocket because he is bigger than most linebackers.
    2. His speed.
    The guy can run if he has to. Think Andrew Luck-like quickness. Having a QB who is mobile like this can really help a lot when plays break down. Add to that his size and this guy can be a real imposing ball carrier.
    3. He is the only passable 1st round quarterback in this draft.
    Everyone knows that if it wasn't for an injury to USC QB McKenzie, Brenton wouldn't even be mentioned as a #1 overall pick. Still, the biggest glaring weakness to this team is their QB, and Brenton is unquestionably an upgrade from a talent stand-point over Cassel.
    People might call this a reach, but the pick makes sense and I think Kansas City needs to hit the reset button. No better way to do that then draft a QB with the #1 pick.​

• Like Like x 8
  2. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    WITH THE SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS SELECT....

MG's Thoughts: Tough year for the Jaguars. One more season, one more season Blaine Gabbert continues to look like a big-time bust. He threw 34 interceptions? Wow. On the bright side, MJD had a very solid season. Jones-Drew finished with 1,171 yards and 4 touchdowns despite only receiving 256 carries. Defensively, the secondary did not play too bad. I was real impressed with Dwight Lowery's play at Free Safety and I thought McBride and Mathis did a bang-up job at corner. This team needs to create a damn pass rush. Ready for a sleeper pick?

MG's Pick: OLD/DE Christopher Arollo USC

Reasoning: Clay Matthews 2.0, Arollo can straight up pass rush. He might be small, but I think he is strong enough and has the skills to play defensive end OR outside linebacker depending on where Jacksonville's future lies. He grades out with the best finesse move in the draft and has a HIGH motor. He WILL get after the Quarterback when he is on the field.

Might be a little bit of a sleeper, but Arollo really is the guy Jacksonville needs to create havoc on defense.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    WITH THE THIRD PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE ST. LOUIS RAMS SELECT....

MG's Thoughts: Really tough division to join HK in, but Law Dog put up a fight. Still, this roster has a lot of holes. I didn't even have to dig too deep before I saw his biggest need, however.

MG's Pick: WR Sam Jackson THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

Reasoning: The top two receivers in this draft are very even. Florida State's DeVontry Wilson is slightly faster than Jackson, but I graded Jackson much higher as far as physicality and jumping ability. This is a very VERY well-balanced WR, not extremely fast or with great size but a little bit of both and can really do anything on the field. Think Greg Jennings.

Sam Bradford has yet to have a legit #1 receiver in St. Louis. Sam Jackson and Sam Bradford are going to make a hell of a 1-2 combination for the Rams.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  4. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    WITH THE FOURTH PICK IN THE DRAFT, THE BALTIMORE RAVENS SELECT....

MG's Thoughts: This team really doesn't have a lot of holes I can find. They really just straight-up underperformed. Their offense is stacked, Flacco just needs to play better. Defensively they might be getting old but they still have the talent to be dominant. They have plenty of very good young corners. Linebackers still look good. Hmm.....

MG's Pick: LG Bubba Logan Wisconsin

Reasoning:What do you give a team that already has it all? How about depth and versatility? Bubba Logan is an offensive linemen who can play ANY position. He grades best as a guard, but he has the size (6'6" 344) to play tackle and the intelligence to play center. Bringing in Logan will push guys who struggled last year (such as Mr. Blindside himself Michael Oher) to play better. Ray Rice and Joe Flacco are going to be jumping for joy seeing another dominating linemen come into the fold in Baltimore.

• Like Like x 3
  5. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    I would finish this but I am completely out of scouting points lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

great stuff _MG_