MIA - T-Wolves (CPU Trade)

Discussion in 'Team Pages' started by Blaza, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Heat get:

C Andrew Bynum 79 OVR, 24 years old, B+ Potential, 1 year/15.16 Mil
    PG Ricky Rubio, 67 OVR, 21 years old, B Potential , 2 years+ 2 year option/ 7.22 Mil

Timberwolves get:

PF Chris Bosh, 80 OVR, 27 years old, A- Potential 3 years+1 year option/ 52.64 Mil
    PG Mario Chalmbers 68 OVR, 25 years old, B- Potential, 1 year/1.09 Mil
    13' First Round pick

Heat rescue the young Spanish PG from purgatory in Minnesota and bring him to South Beach for the international spice he craves. Also bring in Bynum to bang with Dwight in the East although he comes with a much lower scoring record and history of injury.

T-Wolves get a durable (93 vs. Bynums 65) proven PF who can replace now Laker Kevin Love's scoring. In Chalmers they get an athletic lead guard who can defend and stroke the 3. Also get a '13 first round pick.

Dru50
    Bondzai007

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Approved on my end.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'm pretty sure Rubios potential is an A? Plus I think his contract has a 2 yr team option?

4. Dru50

I need to think on this a bit - do me a favor and post the ages and all the contract information in terms of team/player options.

5. Blaza

Nope his potential is B. Where do I check on the team option? I copied everything down from the trade screen, but did not see the option.

6. Blaza

Nevermind, I found the info and edited it into the post.

7. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

If this goes through, the Heat will probably have one of the greatest teams ever in about 3 years.

8. Blaza

Considering the potential ratings, ages, and 1st round pick I thought I think it's was a pretty fair swap.

Not to mention, the Wolves will have Bosh locked in while Bynum will need to be extended.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Just curious but the player traded twice in a season rule. Does that not apply to players the cpu has received from prior user deals?

10. Dru50

It's not approved by me for the following reasons:

1. Bynum was just dealt a week ago and I don't want to see starters, especially young potential stars, being shuffled around 2-3 times a year.

2. Rubio is 21 with A potential, Bynum is a 24 year old C with B potential. Rubio is locked up for 4 years (2 year contract with a 2 year team option) and Bynum is locked up for this season and next as his contract has a team option. Minnesota isn't giving up those two centerpieces for Chris Bosh, who is 27 and likely only has a couple more years before he's on the downside of his career and Chalmers, who is a FA.

Sorry, but I might be ok with you gettingone of the two and one of minn's veterans, but I'm not approving a deal that nets you two potential future stars for bosh. He isn't THAT good.

11. Blaza

Rubio is only B potential, not A---so only a minus above Chalmers. Am I extremely far off? Could I add a 2nd 1st round pick?

Could I do Chalmers/Mike Miller and 2 1sts for Rubio and Darko? At a 69 with B potential, is Rubio really untouchable? IMO this seems more fair to the CPU than Bynum for Love (who really is the face of the franchise)

Also, just for reference--Augustin is a 70 with B potential at 24 years old...how can Chalmers be a FA at B- potential and 68 at 25?

12. Dru50

I just looked 2 minutes ago and Rubio has A potential and is a :4stars: trade prospect. Where are you getting B potential for him from? Your 1st round picks are basically early 2nd rounders and not that valuable. It doesn't help that I've read that Rubio progresses like a madman in this years game, so I'm factoring that in.

To me, if you want to do Rubio for chalmers as a base deal you will need to add more to the pot than Mike Miller (who is old and a bit overpaid) or first round picks that will be in the 27-30 range.

Which guy are you trying to get? Rubio or Bynum?

13. Blaza

I am looking to add Rubio over Bynum. I'm looking right at his potential and it says B for me for sure....weird. I can text you a screenshot if you want :D

Also, the progression thing---is that guaranteed? Is it factored into all trades? How do you know how fast players progress if potential isn't the barometer? Not trying to be annoying, just trying to figure out what fair value would be.

14. Dru50

Potential is the barometer, and I've used minn in our original league and he had an A potential there as well.

Rubio isn't 'untouchable', but it will take more than chalmers and some late 1st round picks to get it approved, at least from my perspective.

15. Blaza

That's fine. Again just trying to find a common ground. What would be fair in your eyes? I figured giving up an A- potential guy and a B- potential guy would be pretty fair.

Also, how can we determine once and for all what Rubios potential is? Can someone else check? I can't be this crazy--it says B for me.

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

FWIW, I just looked on my game and he's listed as A potential.

17. Dru50

If you wanted Bynum and Rubio it would take you including one of the guys you don't want to include. I see bosh/Bynum as kind of a wash, and chalmers isn't enough for Rubio. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

18. Blaza

Only looking for Rubio, not Bynum....although maybe Beasley in that deal instead of Bynum makes that work?

By the way, here is what I see...Definitely says B potential here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dru50

I'll be honest, I don't see minn trading two young guys for basically Bosh. You already have the best team, I'm not going to make concessions to let you take the one part of miami's big 3 you don't want and turn him into two future stars.

I've been consistent in the fact that if you want to acquire young future or current stars you are going to have to overpay a bit, especially if those guys are under contract for more than 1 year OR if the user is trying to trade away a long term deal they don't want.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blaza

Ok no problem

21. Dru50

Blaza - did you propose that officially on the console? If so, you need to revoke it ASAP. Trades, once accepted by the CPU can't be vetoed (we've found out the hard way that the veto doesn't really work if it's a deal the CPU would take).

If you were to push through a deal without approval from bond and I you would be subject to a penalty, which to be honest we haven't decided upon. You should not officially propose any deal to the CPU on the console without approval.

22. Blaza

Nah, the trade is not in there.

But either way, when I get home I will go back and choose a lesser squad since nobody else is really running with a good team.

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was wondering if I was going to have to start the flaming :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blaza

Hey man, cut those guys some slack :p

• Like Like x 2
  25. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm doing the league a favor by sucking with a good team.

• Like Like x 4