Miami 20 - Clemson 17

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 7, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami 20 - Clemson 17

The Miami Hurricanes won a great game that came down to the final play.

Both defenses we pretty solid today. Clemson HB CJ Spiller had about 200 total yards of offense. Miami WR Travis Benjamin had 150 yds receiving and HB Graig Cooper had about 85 yds and 2 TDs. But both teams finished with approx 350 total yards of offense. And it was just good defense, not a turnover plagued game.

Down 17-10, Cole led Clemson on a great drive and scored the tying TD with 1:10 seconds left. Right as he scored he said, "that's good for you, alot of time". And he was right.

Miami got the ball back, and after a few scrambles by QB Jacoby Harris, they had the ball at midfield with 20 seconds to go and no timeouts. Harris threw a beautiful pass right over the nickleback, hitting 3rd WR Laron Byrd on a pass and he was knocked out of bounds with 6 seconds to go at the 25 yard line. John Wieclaw came on and drilled the game winning FG with 1 second left on the clock.

One last kickoff by Miami, but Clemson couldn;t do anything with it, and the Canes got a big win over one of the top ACC teams.

Miami finished the year 2-2 in user games, and have only 2nd tier ACC cpu teams left. A 10-2 regular season record is very likely and hopefully the Canes will earn a nice bowl berth as they can't catch Georgia Tech to play in the ACC title game.

On a sad sidenote, DE Eric Moncur fractured his hip and was lost for the season. He had 9 sacks thru 6 games and will be sorely missed, teaming with fellow DE Marcus Robinson, to form the best pass rushing duo in the NCAA.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    phew...I really wasn't looking forward to playing cole again :)...lol...gave me hella hard time...who can i possibly play now for the ACC crown?

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

UNC-FSU winner probably

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Two close games, can't run against Tech and can't pass against Miami. I can't wait until I put a complete game together. Hopefully it's this year though because my two best players are seniors.