Miami-Clemson / ACC Title Game

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 29, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami-Clemson / ACC Title Game

The Miami Hurricanes' dream season cleared it's latest hurdle with a 45-17 defeat of the Clemson Tigers in the ACC Title game. The win gave the Canes a berth in the BCS Title game, where they will meet the Texas Longhorns for the National Title and a chance at what could really be deemed, "the perfect season"

First the game...Clemson was overwhelmed, end of story. For the 2nd time this year, the Miami defense just dominated the Tigers, picking off 2 passes and 1 pitch fumble/interception, taking 2 to the house. Add in the 5 interceptions in their 1st meeting, and Miami was 8 to 0 in the turnover battle vs. Clemson on the year, thus the 2 easy victories.

Clemson played well though, especially on defense. Miami only ran about 30-35 offensive plays, and except for a few explosion plays, they were kept in check. Along with the 2 defensive TDs, Miami scored on a 65 yd crossing pattern by Travis Benjamin inwhich he made some beautiful open field moves to get to the endzone. A 45 yard post pattern pass to slot WR Laron Byrd. And a 25 yard pitch run by HB Graig Cooper. Aside from those 3 big plays, Miami really didn't do much at all on offense as Clemson's front 7 got great pressue both vs. the run and pass.

On defense, the Canes shined though. Clemson did pick up alot of yardage inbetween the 20's. But 3 turnovers, countless pressures/sacks and batted balls, and Clemson had a tough time getting anything going in this game.

After the game the 2 coaches talked and Coach Juggs told Coach Cole that he played a great game and he's not looking forward to playing him when their teams are on equal footing. Right now, Miami is just too good for a team like Clemson to upset. But in a year or 2 when the teams are evenly matched, Miami will be in trouble and Cole's Clemson gives them fits with their defense.

After the game, during the celebration of the ACC Title game, the team was made aware that Texas had won the Big 12 title and had just done enough to beat out Georgia Tech and Auburn (who won the SEC title game) for the 2nd spot and will be their opponent in the BCS Title game. Texas is a great team, but Coach Juggs knows that he probably lucked out there as a game against either user team would be much tougher.

Also announced after the game was some personal awards won by Miami players. The laundry list was impressive and IF the Canes go on to win the National Title, the 2010 season might go down as the greatest season in Tradition history. Assuming they win it all:

- 2010 National Champs (13-0 record)
    - ACC Champions
    - Heisman Trophy, Maxwell & Walker Award Winner - HB Graig Cooper
    - Biletnokoff Award Winner - WR Aldarius Johnson
    - Bednarik & Lombardi Award Winner - DE Marcus Robinson

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I smell a Golden rest button being used in the National Title game......we will be watching!!

[​IMG]

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Bly...can you hook me up with some banners?

2010 National Champions (13-0)
    2010 ACC Champions
    2010 Heisman Winner - HB Graig Cooper

don't need the other awards

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Hahahahahaha, That pic is hilarious

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i don't want to hear any more about Ramirez and his individual awards.. Juggs just dominated the awards this season, so hopefully now you guys won't target that as a sign of cheesy play...

can we agree on that now?

7. BlyGilmore

yup - just gonna wait until the end of the season to bang them all out.

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Well Juggs didnt have 54 sacks with his DE.....

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i understand the DE sacks stuff.. i asked him to tone it down last year, and i think he has.... but even in those years... others guys had just as many sacks by team, just not most with one player..

anyways.. i just get the feeling if Ramirez won as many awards as Juggs did this year... there would be people complaining....

and all im saying now is, i don't want to hear any more complaining about stat whoring, because that's not always the case when someone wins a bunch of the awards.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Personally I don't care b/c it is all bullshit IMO. Most of the stats are built up during CPU games and all those studs seems to magically disappear in user vs user games...

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

well, there are those that care... because they have posted about it before and lamented the fact that they will never be in a heisman race in this league because of stat whores.

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

oooohhh......thats an excuse for not being good enough!:violin:

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think the biggest thing is that none of my guys were like head and shoulders above anyone else, just slightly better.

There were a ton of HBs with similar numbers to Cooper, he just had like 200-300 more yds and like 5 more TDS.
    Johnson wasn't even the best WR stat wise in the NCAA, but I guess him being on the #1 team won him the award.
    Same with Robinson at DE. That award came out of nowhere too. Going into Conf title games he was 2nd in both Bednarik and Lombardi and I think he only had 1 sack in the game vs. Clemson.

I think (like JMS) said, it's the glaring/way over the top stats, like 50 sacks with 1 player or 40 rushing TDs by your HB or something that people complained about with Ramirez. Nothing since (atleast on my end).

And JMS...the reason the stars disappear in user games is cause users are smart, the cpu isn't. Every user game I've played, the team has focused on Johnson at WR. So I go to my 2nd and 3rd WRs who are open/less covered. The cpu can't make those adjustments.

14. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Miami -9.5 vs Texas

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

This probably has the most to do with it. As it should.

16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

lay the chalk. good chance last game i have with alot of my players...have a feeling alot leaving early, so not pulling any starter

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

all im saying is - tons of awards does not = stat whoring.... and there have been complaints other than what was related to the DE... so it wasn't isolated to that.

18. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

agreed, but there is 1 guy on SMU who has sick numbers

I think (off the top of my head)

Johnson - 100 rec / 1600 yds / 17 td
    SMU guy - 150 rec / 2000 yds / 20 td

19. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I think this team will be poised to repeat next year....

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

understood...and if anyone has a complaint about my team this year, please speak up. not fair if ramirez is the only one taking shit when he has a big year

21. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I Heisman stat whored season 1 in 2009.......I admit it.(n)

Derrick Williams
    Evan Royster
    Daryl Clark

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's all im saying....

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

depends on how talking players to stay goes. my team is mostly consisted of Juniors. I'm losing Cooper for sure, he's a Sr. But my QB, top 3 WRs, 2 OL, 3/4 of my DL, 2 LBs and 2 DBs are all juniors. if a good number of them leave early, we could struggle since we haven't exactly had a banner recruiting season

24. BlyGilmore

I don't see Juggs this year and Ramirez last year as an apples to apples.

Last year when you spoke to him he had the three top Heisman candidates through 8 or 9 weeks. One was a DE with 24 sacks and 40-something tackles for a loss. One was his HB and the other was a WR that was getting 90 percent of his teams passes thrown to him.

In each case the player was a considerable margin above the rest of the league in certain stats.

Last I checked this wasn't the case with Miami. They had guys who had awesome seasons but they weren't light years better than anybody else. And as far as his receivers go I'm pretty sure he did a decent job throwing to more than one target all year long.

Plus remember most of the issues with Ramirez came during his broadcast game with either foshy or JMS and everybody saw what he was doing with his DE to get those stats. Again - not an apples to apples.

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

maybe not, but it's apples to pears..... I just don't want to hear "ill never win any awards because one coach whores them all" anymore.. because in reality, it's more based on team achievements than individual statistics. If i remember correctly, mike was in the NC race every year when those players were winning awards.