Miami Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Miami Game Summaries

Canes Lose Harris but Win 41-10
    Clemson, SC

With new head coach Frisk at the helm, the Hurricanes put on a strong offensive showing at Memorial Stadium. Miami notched 537 yards total offense while allowing 347 total yards. Miami's national ranked defense produced an incredible feat by only allowing a total of 9 yards on the ground marking a season low for the canes.

The Canes rushed for 266 yards on 36 carries split between three backs. With Starter Graig Cooper out with a broken jaw, Back ups halfbacks Junior Lee Chambers, Freshmen Mike James, and Sophomore Lamar Miller spilt time in the backfield. Chambers efforts awarded him Player of the Game with 173 yards rushing on 16 carries with 2 TD's and 2 catches totaling 82 yards with 1 TD.

Impact player and offensive captain Junior Jacory Harris was forced to leave the game after a hit early on the 3rd offensive snap of the game for Miami. No words from the doctors regarding his status yet but will be updated soon. Stepping in as his replacement, Sophomore Cannon Smith took the snaps at Quarterback with only 7 collegiate plays under his belt. Smith threw for 172 yards on 10 completions with 25 attempts, 2 TD's, and no INT's.

"I was real proud of how well our defense played the entire game. Although some areas were sloppy at times, another aspect of our D would pick them up," Frisk commented afterwords about the game. " As for him (Cannon Smith) the pressures of a new coach, tough opponent, on the road, little game experience, and close game he handled it quite well. I couldn't have asked for a better game from him."

The win brings Miami to 5-2 overall and 3-1 in conference play. Next week they play in Miami at Land Shark Stadium against the 3-3 North Carolina Tarheels.

2. Emmdotfrisk

North Carolina Finds a Way to Win in Miami

North Carolina Finds a Way to Win in Miami
    *Miami, FL

Miami (5-3) could not find a way to answer the call late in the game against the Tarheels 5-3). With Junior QB Jacory Harris out with a pinched nerve, The Canes looked to RSSO Cannon Smith to lead them to victory. Cannon through exceptionally well with 349 yards in the air on 46 attempts with 28 completions. " Cannon threw the ball quite well. He showed a lot of athletic ability out there. One thing we need to work with him on is his poise and control. Although he didn't throw any interceptions, he overthrew and underthrew receivers when it counted most. I think he had 40 passes or so and no TD's, " commented Head Coach Frisk on Smith's performance.

The Tarheels and Canes played close the entire game ending each quarter within only one score of eachother. Miami did ver well defensively only allowing 84 yards on the ground and 264 yards passing. Going into the final minute of the game the Canes were down 8 points and in scoring position. Canes QB Cannon Smith led them down to the 10 yard line with 20 seconds remaining. It seemed the Canes were to score easily and worry about a two point conversion play, but Smith cracked under pressure throwing 4 straight disgustingly errant passes away from wide open receivers. When asked to comment after the game Smith stated " I thought our offense did well, not well enough to win. I take that loss upon my shoulder, I had the opportunity to win the game and I didn't do it."

The loss now puts the ACC Coastal conference in a 3 team deadlock between Miami, Georgia Tech, and Virginia. North Carolina improves to 3-3 in the ACC Coastal and looks to defeat Clemson on October 30th.

The Hurricanes now face the #3 Virginia Tech Hokies (8-0) in Miami and will need to knock them off if wanting play in the ACC Championship game.

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Tough break Frisk.. The CPU will prolly upset a few more people before the season is said and done with.. So get ready for the wild ride to the finish line!

4. Emmdotfrisk

CANES SLIP PAST HOKIES, 26-13

CANES SLIP PAST #2 HOKIES, 26-13

[​IMG]

The Miami Hurricanes played solid defense against rival Virginia Tech this weekend. Solid enough defense to hold the powerful offense of the Hokies to 13 points and 230 yards total offense. The Hurricane offense did very well under the return of QB Jacory Harris.

The Hokies suffered key losses in the first quarter, which slowed their offense down considerably. Hokie runningback Ryan Williams left the first quarter early, but returned in the third. He ended the game with 12 carries for 40 yards. Quarterback JuJu Clayton missed a few quarters after being knocked out on a pass play midway through the second quarter.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

JR QB #12 Jacory Harris 26-36 for 317 yards with 2 TD's

[​IMG]

JR MLB#11 Arthur Brown 9 Tackles, 2 INT's

THE BOTTOM LINE

The Hurricanes got away with a win against a tough opponent and need to continue to play inspired football under new Head Coach Frisk (2-1). This win brings Miami to 4-2 in conference, in a two way tie with Georgia Tech. With wins over Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech, Miami will need to win their remaining 3 games to get a chance at the conference championship game and title.

The Canes bring the Maryland Terrapins (2-6) to Miami for their next conference game on November 6th.

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

youll need me to lose next week vs Wake for you to get in the CCG

6. Emmdotfrisk

Very true but to even have a shot I have to win out. I don't like to speculate other users losses in my reports, so I omitted that from the write up haha

7. T2

haha good stuff do you have Wake left to play ?

8. Emmdotfrisk

all CPU, Maryland, UCF, and I can't remember the last game

9. Emmdotfrisk

CANES DEFENSE OVERPOWERS TERRAPINS, WIN 39-20

#16 CANES DEFENSE OVERPOWERS TERRAPINS, WIN 39-20

[​IMG]

The #16 Miami Hurricanes (7-3, 5-2) came away with a big win this saturday against the Maryland Terrapins (3-7, 1-6). The Hurricanes are now on a two game winning streak after defeating the undefeated Virginia Tech. New Coach Frisk has give the Hurricanes new light as he has coached them to a 3-1 record as of week 8.

The Canes defense was the key in winning this game against the Terrapins. Although Maryland was able to get 295 yards total offense, only 55 of it was on the ground. The Canes 4 man defensive front came into the game with intensity, getting a season high 15 Tackles for a Loss and 6 sacks.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSJR LE #97 Adewale Ojomo 8 Tackles, 4 Tackles for Loss, 2 sacks

[​IMG]

JR QB #12 Jacory Harris 16-25 with 211 yards and 3 TD's

UP NEXT FOR THE CANES

The Hurricanes have a bye weeks 12. This will help get some guys healthy and give them rest to come back strong for the remaining two games. Miami will resume play on November 20th in Virginia to take on the Cavaliers and end the season the following weekend against in state rival #12 USF.​

10. Emmdotfrisk

WHO NEEDS DEFENSE?!?, CANES WIN CLOSE ONE 52-48

WHO NEEDS DEFENSE?!? CANES WIN CLOSE ONE 52-48

[​IMG]

The #14 Miami Hurricanes escaped a Cardinal scare as they nudged by the Virginia Cavaliers in Charlottesville on Satruday. Needing to win this game to secure a bid into the ACC Conference Championship game, the Canes fought the entire game. That didn't mean that Virginia was going to go down lightly. They put up an astounding 421 yards in the air with 4 TDs and another 102 on the ground with 1 TD. The Miami defense had no answers to stopping their Virginia offense.

Fortunately for the Canes they had the answer offensively, tallying 626 total yards offense and a season high. Jacory Harris threw exceptionally well, throwing a school record 497 yards in the air with 4 TDs. Senior Graig Cooper and Sophomore Lee Chambers combined for a total of 129 yards on the ground. Both teams were even on turnovers and the deciding factor simply who got the ball at half. This was an absolute shootout and the Canes are lucky to be on the winning side, saving their season.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

JR QB #12 Jacory Harris 28-41 with 497 yards passing 4 TDs

[​IMG]

JR WR #4 Aldarius Johnson 11 receptions for 146 yards 2 TDs

UP NEXT FOR THE CANES

The #14 Miami Hurricanes now to go back home to face in-state rival #15 University of South Florida. USF is having a great year with an 8-2 record and plan to come to Miami to give the Hurricanes their 4th loss. Although it is a non-conference game, Miami will need to perform well if they want a chance at a New Years Day Bowl.

11. Emmdotfrisk

SOUTHERN FLORIDA BRAGGING RIGHTS SETTLED! #13 MIAMI DEFEATS USF 34-21

SOUTHERN FLORIDA BRAGGING RIGHTS SETTLED! #13 MIAMI DEFEATS USF 34-21

[​IMG]

The #13 Miami Hurricanes finished their 2010 Campaign 9-3 with a impressive team win over the 8-4 University of South Florida. The Canes got ahead early with an opening drive setting up a 3 yard Graig Cooper run, while forcing the USF offense to go "three and out" for consecutive times. The Canes then scored quickly in the second quarter on back to back possessions with a 40 yard Bosher kick and 6 yard run by HB Lee Chambers.

Just after half, the Canes scored another 10 unanswered points, driving the score to 27-0. SO QB AJ Highsmith entered the game for Harris, throwing a touchdown on his first possession at QB. USF scored for the first time at the end of the third quarter to bring the score to 27-7.

USF came out strong in the 4th scoring 14 points, but Miami answered with a 5 yard run by FR Lamar Miller, brining the score to its eventual final of 34-21.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSFR HB #22 Mike James 17 carries for 91 yards

[​IMG]

JR MLB #11 Arthur Brown 6 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT

UP NEXT FOR THE HURRICANES

With the regular season over the #13 Miami Hurricanes look forward to their biggest challenge this season. The 11-1 #1 Florida State Seminoles in the ACC Conference Championship Game. The Seminoles have out scored their opponents by almost double this season. JR HB Jermaine Thomas has rushed for over 1800 yards this season and is averaging 152 yards per game. The Hurricanes will have to swarm the run game and force RSSO QB EJ Manuel to pass if they want to even compete at the Seminoles Level.​

12. Emmdotfrisk

HURRICANES START 2011 SEASON OUT WITH A BANG, WIN 49-7

#12 HURRICANES START 2011 SEASON OUT WITH A BANG, WIN 49-7

[​IMG]

The #12 Miami Hurricanes (1-0,0-0) dominated the Kansas State Wildcats (0-1,0-0) in the season opener. The Canes forced 5 turnovers with all 5 resulting in touchdowns. Miami stayed perfect without committing andy penalties or turning the ball over. Miami jumped to a quick lead of 21 in the first quarter, at which point they brought in the 2nd and 3rd string players.

The Hurricanes offense was led by a heavy rush attack. 4 Miami Halfbacks took snaps and received carries. 4th string HB Maurice Hagens led the way with 19 carries for 136 yards with 1 TD. Starter Lee Chambers only carried the ball 6 times for 47 yards with 1 TD. Starting QB Jacory Harris threw 3 times with 2 completions for 80 yards, one of which was the opening play a 64 yard pass to Aldarious Johnson for a TD.

Miami's starting defense played well not allowing much yardage but the 2nd and 3rd string defense came in the 2nd quarter, playing the majority of the game. They allowed 67 yards on the ground and 212 in the air, with the highlight forcing 5 turnovers. The Miami D scored three defensive touchdowns, two from fumbles and one an interception.

The Hurricanes now travel to Kyle Field to take on New Head Coach Hackgolfer and the Texas A&M Aggies. This will be the Aggies home and season opener. Experts predict Miami to win but under new coaching, Texas A&M is expected to stir up the BCS and the Big 12.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSFR HB #33 Maurice Hagens 19 carries for 136 yards 1 TD

13. Emmdotfrisk

THRILLING GAME AT KYLE FIELD ENDS IN WIN FOR #12 MIAMI 55-38

THRILLING GAME AT KYLE FIELD ENDS IN WIN FOR #12 MIAMI 55-38

[​IMG]

The #12 Miami Hurricanes left Kyle field with a win over Texas A&M. This was no easy task. This was a game that kept everyone on the edge of the chair almost til the final snap. Coach Hackgolfer did an amazing job with his special teams. Texas AM was able to return 4 Kickoffs on Miami and kept the pressure on Coach Frisk and the Canes. The game was back and forth, score after score. The Aggies put pressure on Miami's offense to keep up with their ability to produce a big play. The Canes offense kept them in the game as they put up good balanced numbers. The defense lacked but was able to shut down highly touted RB Christine Michael to under 50 yards rushing.

The Canes offense was led by a two headed dragon in Lee Chambers and Mike James. These two talented backs rushed for a combined 36 carries for 311 yards. This diverse rush game enabled the passing game to succeed as well with SR Jacory Harris throwing for 300+ yards.

Although the Miami Defense struggled, they were able to force a couple turnovers early which helped aid in the offense attack.

The Miami Hurricanes (2-0, 0-0) now look forward to week 3 where they will face Maryland. Maryland's new head coach Cimmy looks to upset the Canes and lead them to a bid to the ACC CCG.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSSR #32 Lee Chambers 21 carries for 190 yards with 2 TD's

14. Emmdotfrisk

#13 MIAMI ERUPTS ON DUKE

#13 MIAMI ERUPTS ON DUKE 49-14

[​IMG]

The #13 Miami Hurricanes (4-1,2-1) bounced back from the last couple games showing that they are one of the top teams in the ACC. The shut down Duke and we able to get their jollies off on offense.

The Hurricane's offense put up 488 total yards of offense with an incredible 315 on the ground. The rush attack was led by backup HB Mike James who rushed for 183 yards on 11 carries. Starting HB Lee Chambers rushed for 94 yards off of 16 carries in the first quarter. Backup QB AJ Highsmith also rushed for 41 yards on 10 carries with 2 TD's.

The Miami defense shutdown the Duke Blue Devils early and often allowing only 22 yards on the ground and forcing 2 turnovers via interception, one of which was returned for a TD. Armstrong led the way with 9 tackles and 1 TFL.

The #13 Miami Hurricanes will travel to Florida State next week to take on depending ACC Champion and National Champion AAthletics and his Seminoles. It will be a tough game and the Canes will be preparing all week for this big game.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

[​IMG]

RSJR HB Mike James 11 carries for 183 yards 1 TD

15. Emmdotfrisk

#1 FLORIDA STATE REMAINS ON TOP, DEFEATS #12 MIAMI 17-10

Summary to come...

16. Emmdotfrisk

#15 MIAMI WINS SHOOTOUT WITH #14 GEORGIA TECH 45-28

#15 MIAMI WINS SHOOTOUT WITH #14 GEORGIA TECH 45-28

[​IMG]
    WR Travis Benjamin earns player of the game with 138 yards and 1 TD

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    GT 0 7 7 14 28
    MIA 7 14 7 17 45

STAT GT MIA
    OFF 407 495
    RUSH 197 134
    PASS 210 (13-16-1) 361 (15-19-2)
    TO 1 1
    TOP 11:42 14:34

The #15 Miami Hurricanes (5-2,3-2) got over the hump after losing two crucial games in conference against the #14 ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. GT came with a very tough offense and a hard defense to crack. GT managed to shake up the Miami offense knocking starting QB Jacory Harris and HB Lee Chambers out of the game just after halftime. Backups AJ Highsmith and Mike James performed well and led the Canes to a victory.

[YOUTUBE]khyFmDDFnSc[/YOUTUBE]
    AJ Highsmith connects with Laron Byrd for a 80 yard TD

The Miami offense was ultimately led by SR WR Travis Benjamin who caught 6 passes for 138 yards with 1 TD. He received passes from both Harris and Highsmith who passed for 153 and 208 yards respectively. Starting HB Lee Chambers rushed for 79 yards on 14 carries with 1 TD. Mike James picked up where Chambers left off after halftime with 60 yards on 13 carries with 3 TD's. WR Laron Byrd also had a career day catching 2 balls for 103 yards.

[YOUTUBE]HpsOq7aJQ5c[/YOUTUBE]
    LB Arthur Brown steps in front of Shaw's pitch

The defense was charged by MLB Sean Spence who recorded 8 tackles with 3 TFL and 1 sack. LB Arthur Brown also made a crucial pitch interception which gave the Canes commanding postion. The Canes struggled to hold GT to a small amount of yards but did well containing them while in the red zone.

The Miami Hurricanes will travel to Chapel Hill and face the North Carolina Tarheels (2-4). They hope to continue with solid ACC play onto their game with Coastal rival Coach T2express and the #12 Virginia Tech Hokies.

17. Emmdotfrisk

#13 CANES DOWN TARHEELS 38-10

#13 CANES DOWN TARHEELS 38-10

[​IMG]
    HB Lee Chambers rushed for three TDs with 110 yards on 15 carries

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIA 14 7 14 3 38
    UNC 7 3 0 0 10

STAT MIA UNC
    OFF 409 130
    RUSH 273 23
    PASS 136 (9-13-0) 107 (16-20-0)
    TO 1 2
    TOP 18:29 9:11

The Miami Hurricanes did away with the Tarheels. The Heels came ou of the gates hot seeming to put up a fight but trailed off quickly.

[YOUTUBE]OhD8aReBDOA[/YOUTUBE]
    Chambers rushes for an 62 yard TD

The Canes offense was led by Lee Chambers and Lamar Miller who rushed for 110 and 105 yards respectively. Chambers scored three TD's and received player of the game for this week.

[YOUTUBE]U01als_kCog[/YOUTUBE]
    LB Sean Spence lays the smack down forcing a fumble

The Canes defense was led by Sean Spence who put on a clinic with 14 tackles, 7 TFL, 1 FF, 1 Sack, and 1 INT.

The Hurricanes now look forward to next week where they will take on the #11 ranked Virginia Tech. Miami will need to defeat Va Tech if they will want to have a shot at the ACC CCG.

18. Emmdotfrisk

#13 MIAMI PERSEVERES PAST #11 VIRGINIA TECH 31-21

#13 MIAMI PERSEVERES PAST #11 VIRGINIA TECH 31-21

[​IMG]
    Senior DB Brandon Harris intercepts a pass late in the fourth to seal the game for the Canes

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIA 7 3 14 7 31
    VT 14 7 0 0 21

STAT MIA VT
    OFF 371 276
    RUSH 81 22
    PASS 290 (18-27-4) 254 (21-31-2)
    TO 2 3
    TOP 12:45 11:15

The #13 Miami Hurricanes may have bought themselves a one way ticket to the ACC Conference Championship Game by defeating the #11 Virginia Tech Hokies. At first the game seemed to be in order when on the third play of the game star MLB Sean Spence intercepted a pass setting up a Canes TD. After that the canes struggled to stop the Hokies on defense and generate something on offense. Virginia dominated them in everyway walking into the locker room at halftime up 21-10.

[YOUTUBE]tn0GDIgzazM[/YOUTUBE]
    QB Jacory Harris hits Laron Byrd on on a Play Action pass freezing the defense.

Coach Frisk gave an inspiring speech at halftime motivating the Canes to come out and to force two turnovers, score two TDs, and hold the Hokies to zero points.

[YOUTUBE]i8VYofjX6kg[/YOUTUBE]
    Miami jumps on a loose ball that could have changed the course of the game.

Virginia Tech was held to 0 points in the second half and QB JuJu Clayton was knocked out of the game late. Miami managed to mix things up enough and score 21 points catapulting them to a big win over a very good opponent.

[​IMG]
    LB Sean Spence sacks JuJu Clayton, putting him out of the game late in the fourth quarter.​

The Miami defense was led by Sean Spence who had 11 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack, and 1 Interception. The offense was led by Jacory Harris who threw for 290 yards with 4 TD's off of 18 complettions with 27 attempts. His #1 target was TE Patrick Barnes who caught 5 passes for 68 yards.

The Canes now have a bye and look to regain play in week 13 with Oregon State.

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Damn...rematch of Maryland v Miami for the ACC Championship is almost a lock...

20. Emmdotfrisk

#9 MIAMI SHOWS WHY THEY SHOULD BE BCS BOWL BOUND WITH A 42-17 WIN OVER #13 OSU

#9 MIAMI SHOWS WHY THEY SHOULD BE BCS BOWL BOUND WITH A 42-17 WIN OVER #13 OSU

[​IMG]
    Senior HB Lee Chambers sparked the Canes with 108 yards with 2 Td's

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIAMI 7 14 7 14
    OSU 7 3 0 7 17

STAT MIAMI OSU
    OFF 316 251
    RUSH 185 15
    PASS 131 236
    TO 0 0
    TOP 21:49 8:04

The #9 Miami Hurricanes traveled way up to the Northwest to play #13 Oregon State in a very late non-conference battle. The Canes flexed there guns early by showcasing off pre season All-American running back Lee Chambers. Miami was able to mix it up enough on defense to hold Oregon State to minimal yards while scoring enough to get the win.

The Miami offense was led by Lee Chambers you carried the ball 11 times for 108 yards with 2 TD's. Backup Mike James entered the game early in the second half and added an additional 63 yards on 15 carries. Senior QB Jacory Harris led the passing game with 13 completions on 18 attempts with 131 yards and 2 Td's. His leading target was WR Laron Byrd who caught 4 passes for 51 yards with 1 TD.

The Hurricanes defense was led by Senior MLB Sean Spence who had 13 tackles and 5 tackled for a loss. DT Andrew Smith and Chris Porter added a couple sacks.

The #9 Miami Hurricanes (8-2, 5-2) now travel back home and host Virginia for their final home and conference game of the year. They will wrap up their 2011 year at the University of South Florida. If the Canes can sweep the last three games they could find themselves in a BCS Bowl.

21. T2

i would have to lose today.

22. Emmdotfrisk

#7 MIAMI FINISHES SEASON WITH 7 GAME WIN STREAK WITH 28-7 VICTORY OVER #14 USF

#7 MIAMI FINISHES SEASON WITH 7 GAME WIN STREAK AND 28-7 VICTORY OVER #14 USF

[​IMG]
    Senior LB Sean Spence closes out an incredible season with 111 Tackles.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIAMI 0 14 7 7 28
    USF 7 0 0 0 7

STAT MIAMI USF
    OFF 306 145
    RUSH (carries-yards-TD) 36-162-3 16-16-0
    PASS (Comp-Att.-Yards-TD) 11-17-144-1 15-24-129-1
    TO 2 0
    TOP 21:07 7:55

The #7 Miami Hurricanes rounded up a good season with a win over rival #14 South Florida. The game wasn't a razzle dazzle game but rather an exchange of offense and defense, where Miami's defense prevailed allowing only 145 total yards. USF struck first but lost composure and fell apart. The Miami offense played conservative with long drives and short scores. No huge numbers for any 1 opponent but it was a good team win.

The Canes offense was led by Jacory Harris who played his final home game as a Miami Hurricane. The Super Senior ended it right, gaining player of the game with 144 yards off of 11 completions with 17 attempts and 1 TD. His main target was TE Stephen Plein who found holes in the bulls defense all day long. The rush attack was split between Senior Lee Chambers and Sophomore Mike James who rushed for a combined 149 yards on 30 carries with 2 TD's.

Miami's defense showed why they are one of the top defenses in the country. They allowe just 145 yards of total offense and holding USF Running Back Demetrious Murray to 33 yards on 13 carries. Senior LB Sean Spence led the charge with 8 tackles, 2 TFL. DE lineman Ryan Armstrong tallied 5 tackles. DT Robinson and DE Smith each added 1 Sack.

The #7 Miami Hurricanes (10-2,6-2) will now wait til' bowl season as they missed their shot at the ACC title with losses to FSU and Maryland. They hope to get into a BCS Bowl game but are projected to square up with the #3 Florida Gators in the Capital One Bowl.

23. Emmdotfrisk

#8 MIAMI BLANKS IOWA 44-0 IN GATOR BOWL

#8 MIAMI BLANKS IOWA 44-0 IN GATOR BOWL

[​IMG]
    Senior Linebacker Sean Spence (left) wraps up a incredible career at Miami with 16 tackles, 6 tackles for a loss, 1 sack, 1 forced and recovered fumble against Iowa in the Gator Bowl.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    IOWA 0 0 0 0 0
    MIAMI 7 14 16 7 44

STAT IOWA MIAMI
    OFF 77 388
    RUSH 43 261
    PASS 34 127
    TO 2 1
    TOP 7:27 20:58

The #8 Miami Hurricanes (11-2, 6-2) close out their season with a 44-0 butt whooping against Iowa (6-6, 3-5) in the Gator Bowl. Miami controlled the whole game and Iowa was unable to get anything going. Miami put all senior's in at the start of the 3rd and took them out in the 4th. The crowd gave them a standing ovation as Miami won their third gator bowl in a row.

The Hurricanes offense was led by a fierce rushing attack. Backup QB AJ Highsmith and backup HB Mike James both rushed for over 100 yards with James scoring 2 TD's and Highsmith 1 TD. Starter Lee Chambers rushed for 71 yards on 9 carries. Starting QB Jacory Harris threw for 127 yards on 11 completions with 14 attempts with 2 TDs. WR Laron Byrd led the receiving core with 4 catches for 45 yards but Senior WR's Aldarius Johnson and Benjamin caught a TD pass.

The Canes defense was led by superb leader and linebacker Sean Spence. He had 16 tackles with 6 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 FR. DE Marcus Robinson and SS Jermain Futch added 1 sack.

The #8 Miami Hurricanes will now try and rebuild for next year as they will say goodbye to many of their starters. They have a solid incoming recruiting class but will need to play well in order to win their conference.

24. Emmdotfrisk

#3 MIAMI OPENS 2012 WITH A WIN OVER #24 CINCY

#3 MIAMI OPENS 2012 WITH A WIN OVER #24 CINCY

[​IMG]
    Junior Running Back Mike James (#22) rushed for 113 yards with 2 TD's against Cincinnati in the first half of play.

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIA 10 7 10 7 34
    CIN 7 3 0 6 16

STAT MIA CIN
    OFF 488 296
    RUSH 244 21
    PASS 244 275
    TO 1 0
    TOP 15:06 10:10

The #3 Miami Hurricanes started their 2012 campaign on the road in #24 Cincinnati against a tough opponent. Cincy did well mixing playcalling but struggled to establish the run game and became more one dimensional as the game went on. This allowed Miami to come through with some key stops late in the game to pull away for the win. The Canes sent an entourage of players out onto the field because there are many positions which are undecided as to who the start will be. Coach Frisk commented that " We are still evaluating our players. In practice, in games, and in weight training and conditioning. There are a few uncertainties but we will be 100% sure of our leaders after our game at Boston College on September 1st."

Miami's offense was led by a very effective run game. Junior Mike James rushed for 113 yards on 14 carries with 2 TD's and Senior Lamar Miller rushed for 103 yards on 10 carries with 1 TD. The passing game was led by Senior Taylor Cook who completed 12 of 13 passes for 181 yards with 2 TD's. His main targets were TE Steven Plein who caught 7 passes for 96 yards with 1 TD and Senior Kacy Rodgers who caught 3 passes for 65 yards with 1 TD.

The U's defense was led by MLB Jordan Futch who had 8 tackles and 2 TFL. All American defensive end Andrew Smith had 4 tackles with 3 sacks. DT Lamar Robinson had 5 tackles with 3 TFL and 2 sacks.

The #3 Miami Hurricanes (1-0,0-0) will now travel to Boston College to begin ACC conference play. They will then travel back home to face #18 Texas AM and #8 Florida State.

25. Emmdotfrisk

#3 MIAMI HOLDS OFF BOSTON COLLEGE IN HOME OPENER 31-14

#3 MIAMI HOLDS OFF BOSTON COLLEGE IN CONFERENCE OPENER 31-14

[​IMG]
    Junior Quarterback A.J. Highsmith put up outstanding numbers in the second half, but will he be Miami's starter?

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOT
    MIA 7 7 17 0 31
    BC 7 7 0 0 14

STAT MIA BC
    OFF 314 123
    RUSH 178 47
    PASS 136 76
    TO 1 3
    TOP 23:22 6:46

The #3 Miami Hurricanes continue to play good defense. They were able to shut down Boston College to only 123 total yards and 14 total points. The score was tight at halftime 14-14 but Coach Frisk gave an inspirational speech which resulted in a Miami 17 point third quarter. The Cane's defense was able to force three turnovers, 1 fumble which was returned for a TD. These three scores sealed the game for the Cane's, taking the beaming ray of hope out for Boston College.

The Hurricanes offense was led by multiple players as Coach Frisk is still deciding on a definite starter.Senior QB Taylor Cook threw for 136 yards off of 10 completions with 15 attempts. Junior Quarterback AJ Highsmith rushed for 52 yards on 4 carries with 1 TD. Running backs Mike James and Lamar Miller split carries as James rushed for 68 yards on 13 carries with a TD and Miller rushing for 78 yards on 15 carries with a TD. On the receiving end, WR Tommy Street caught 3 passes for 50 yards. Three other players caught two passes each.

Miami's defense was led by DE Lamar Robinson who had 7 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 Forced Fumble. LB Jared Futch had 6 tackles with 1 forced fumble. SS Adam Smith had 5 tackles with 1 fumble recovery for a TD. DE Porter and DT Regis aslo added 1 sack each.

The #3 Miami Hurricanes are still ironing some things out and Coach Frisk still needs to make some decisions. When we asked Frisk to comment he stated that, " We need to take a look back at some film to decide on some guys. When we come out at home to face #16 TAMU you could see a different look for us. We wont change our offensive, but there could be some changes to our starters. I am still unsure but myself and the coaches will know here shortly." The Hurricanes will host #16 Texas AM, who is a very tough team under the coaching of HackGolfer. When they met a year ago Miami left College Station victorious in a offensive battle. This year we expect to see more defense.