Miami Hurricanes 2009 season blog

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 25, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami Hurricanes 2009 season blog

[​IMG]

Miami Beats Rival FSU in Season Opener!

The Miami Hurricanes opened the 2009 season with a very impressive and important win over ACC rival Florida St, 23-7. Even more impressive was that the Canes were able to travel to Doak Walker stadium and escape with the W.

In a game that will surely never be seen on ESPN Classic, defense was the word of the day. Both teams combined for a measley 320 total yards of offense, and neither were able to get much consistency either passing or running.

Miami QB Jacory Harris finally seemed to pull it together in the 2nd half, where Miami outscored FSU 20-7. He finished the day 18/24 but for only 175 yards, as he had no time to look more than 10 yards down field. But more importantly, he finished with 2 TD passes vs. no turnovers, something that had plagued the Canes star QB in spring games. Aldarius Johnson was the leading receiver with 5 rec for 61 yds including the game clinching TD midway thru the 4th (seen above). The Seminoles front 7 overpowered Miami's O-line, so there was virtually no rushing attack today. Craig Cooper finished with 48 yards...on 25 carries! and Harris was sacked 4 times to boot.

Defensively, Miami's secondary played great. FSU's QB Christian Ponder finished 6/18 on the day, and the Canes were able to hold FSU's best playmaker WR Easterling to 1 rec for -1 yds. As predicted in the pre-season, Miami's duo at DE wrecked havoc as both Robinson & Moncur finished with 2 sacks apiece.

A big first win of the season for Miami, who almost have a bye next week when they play FIU before 2 straight extremly tough games against JMS's Hokies & Mogriff's Yellow Jackets

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

can one of the mods please sticky this thread

And Ryno, you will be happy to know I also blogged this

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    nice win...gooo defense!

question...how u get the pics to work? lol...

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

It was a bit of a pain in the ass to figure out actually, but now it's fairly simple.

First save in game pic, then upload it to EA obviously

Then log in at Easports.com and go to your pics

Right click on the pic and hit properties to get the URL and then post it like normal

I tried everyone one of their "buttons" for sharing, blogging, face booking, all didn't work. Finally I decided to just save it to my hard drive, but in right clicking to "Save picture" I saw properties, said let me try this, and boom...worked

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Miami holds on to beat FIU 46-34

[​IMG]

What looked like a rout early turned in a big scare and near heart attack for Coach Juggs and the Canes, who barely escaped an embarrasing upset at the hands of FIU. "I don't know what happened. We were up 16-0 midway thru 2nd then it was like a switch got flipped." said Juggs, "All of a sudden, their QB turned in Joe Montana circa 1990's and their defense turned into the '85 Bears. Everything we called was stopped or we turned the ball over. Everything they did on offense, it didn't matter what we tried to do to stop it, they picked up huge yardage."

Luckily for the Canes, HB Graig Cooper decided enough was enough. The Junior HB turned it on in the 2nd half, scoring 2 4th qtr TDs to seal the win. He finished the day with 161 yds and 3 rushing scores and another 39 receiving while earning his 1st Player of the Game award.

Defensively, the Canes looked brilliant early and dreadful late. 3 sacks, including a safety, and 2 picks by CB Demarcus Van Dyke (including a beautiful leaping pick seen above) all came within the 1st qtr and 1/2. From the midway point of the 2nd qtr, it was like Miami wasn't even on the field defensively.

"I'll tell you 1 thing. If we play this shitty in our next 2 games against GTech or VTech, we're going to get our asses handed to us. Expect alot of screaming in practice this week" said the visably angry Coach Juggs after the game.

On a sidenote, Miami received some good news on the recruiting front, as DT Justin Miller became the Canes 1st signing of the year. The 6'4/325 pound monster of a man was highly coveted by both LSU and Georgia, but signed a letter of intent quickly to come to Miami. While the Canes are loaded at DT for the next few seasons, Coach Juggs couldn't overlook Miller's talent, as rivals.com had him ranked as the 11th best DT in the nation.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm really disappointed in the recruit signing with you.

I need to recruit at least two DTs, maybe 3-4, and he was the best out there IMO. Sheer girth/height really matters this year with all the batdowns and such, and I think he was right at or near the top of my list.

On the subject of the Canes. That's quite a scare you had. I had a similar problem with CMU today against UL Lafayette. 9 penalties for 109 yards went against me. The went for it 7 times on 4th down. It was one of the most annoying games I've ever played, but we managed to beat them.

On the subject of the photos. You really should upload them to imageshack or something similar, and that way they will last a minimum of one year. These will be erased as soon as you fill up your quota on easportsworld I think.

Also. If you'd like the login to my hellispace place again let me know. But imageshack or any of the others would work fine if it's just pics.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

nice signing! FIU???

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I saved the pics, i logged into EAsports...i have no idea where to go from there though...HELP! lol.

9. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

Mo, have you uploaded the pics yet?

10. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

You uploaded them to EA right?

Go to EAsportsworld.com actually. Login in and then there is a link to "My EA Sports world" at the top by your name. From there, should have all the videos/pics you uploaded to the servers.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah i uploaded a few but they not showing...maybe it has something to do with linking my account with my EAID? (which i don't know how to do neither)

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Yeah, that I'm not sure. Last year (NCAA '09) I registered on EAsportsworld and it asks for your Gamertag. So it automatically uploads into "My Ea Sportsworld". Maybe try re-registering with your GT and see if they show up?