Miami Pressers 2010

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Miami Pressers 2010

[​IMG]
    Allen Bailey may be the key to this game.​

Coach big game this week against tOSU. Game of the year actually. How has preparation gone?

How much of this game is going to fall on the right arm of Jacory Harris?

Pryor had a nice showing in his debut? What is the game plan for containing him?

Can the loser of this game still get a shot at a BCS title, or do you feel the loser is done in that regards?

I believe the last time you guys played there was a crystal ball on the line. You were there, are you taking anything away from that game to help you this weekend?

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Allen Bailey may be the key to this game.​

Coach big game this week against tOSU. Game of the year actually. How has preparation gone?

We're practicing well this week but its hard to simulate all the athletes Ohio State has. I actually had our track team out here to help us match the speed Ohio State has. We'll see if my "unorthodox" tactic works....

How much of this game is going to fall on the right arm of Jacory Harris?

A lot will be on Mr. Harris' arm this week. Ohio State has a big and aggressive front seven, running the ball will surely be a task.

Pryor had a nice showing in his debut? What is the game plan for containing him?

I placing this all on our ends and linebackers. We're going to spy him most of the game. If we lose this game I want it to be because he made some plays with his arm not those legs **chuckles**

Can the loser of this game still get a shot at a BCS title, or do you feel the loser is done in that regards?

The loser will be battle tested that's for sure. It's early but it'll make the loser's job a little harder. Hopefully, Ohio State will have the harder road to the national title.

I believe the last time you guys played there was a crystal ball on the line. You were there, are you taking anything away from that game to help you this weekend?

That was in the past. All that mumbo jumbo is for all you media guys to talk about. When we hit that field it will be against 2010 Miami versus 2010 Ohio State.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach tough loss vs. Pitt, comments?

On to clemson, this game is becoming a rivalry as the games have been tight, ho has preperation gone for this game?

What will it take on offense to get it done?

Clemson threw up big points vs auburn is your defenses confidence shaken after the Pitt game?

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach tough loss vs. Pitt, comments?

You know what? [expletive] Pitt and they momma!!

On to clemson, this game is becoming a rivalry as the games have been tight, how has preperation gone for this game?

The way we practiced this week, I think my players are afraid to lose.

What will it take on offense to get it done?

Separation. Our WRs didn't get separation last week at all. If we can get that we'll be back on track.

Clemson threw up big points vs auburn is your defenses confidence shaken after the Pitt game?

We played like [expletive]. Everybody has their bad days. We just used ours at the wrong time.

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach word has it that this may be your last game with the Hurricanes is there any truth to these rumors?

This has been a somewhat disappointing season for the Canes but you finished strong, is that enough to keep that group of juniors or are they moving on to the NFL?

How has recruiting gone for the Hurricanes?

As you prepare for the Brut Sun Bowl, are the players focused on winning or is the interest level not there?

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach word has it that this may be your last game with the Hurricanes is there any truth to these rumors?

I'll address any rumors after the season, right now I'm focused on #16Washington.

This has been a somewhat disappointing season for the Canes but you finished strong, is that enough to keep that group of juniors or are they moving on to the NFL?

It's their call. With all the money the NFL can promise them it'll be hard to convince them to stay. Hopefully, they would want to come back and try to go out the right way.

How has recruiting gone for the Hurricanes?

We're doing fine. We don't have alot of holes to patch that's for sure. But we're fine heading into next season. We still have our eyes set on a few guys but it won't make or break us next year if they commit somewhere else.

As you prepare for the Brut Sun Bowl, are the players focused on winning or is the interest level not there?

The interest level is there. The loss to UVA embarrassed us. That was not us. Most of this year was pretty much not us. After that game we had a long talk, some soul searching. We should be playing for a national title right now not going to the Sun Bowl. I know that, my team knows that and our fans know that. Next year will be different, for the better of the program. This game will prove to the nation that we are better than what we've shown.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Great win in the Brut Sun Bowl coach, reflections on the game and season?

Now that this is over rumor has it that the University is buying out your contract and have granted you a release to coach anywhere but the ACC, please comment.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Great win in the Brut Sun Bowl coach, reflections on the game and season?

It was a good year, not great, good year. We expected more but instead of giving up after dropping to 4-4 we kept playing. 5 straight to end the year, not bad at all. I think that alone showed alot of character. Next year, will be our time.

Now that this is over rumor has it that the University is buying out your contract and have granted you a release to coach anywhere but the ACC, please comment.

After a 4-4 start alot of whispers and rumors floated around here. I will say the possibility of me not being here next year is very high at this time. About to call (PM) the AD (sdid22) later and get better clarification on this. If I'm here or gone next year this needs to be resolved quickly so the kids are not caught in the middle.

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach the University of Miami has stated that the only way you will not be the coach next year is if you decide to leave, my sources said that you have decided to stay at UM is that true?

If true, what was the deciding factor?

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach the University of Miami has stated that the only way you will not be the coach next year is if you decide to leave, my sources said that you have decided to stay at UM is that true?

Well honestly, I love this school. Leaving it would be really hard. At this time myself and school officials have come to agreement that the only way for this school to reach the next level is for me to continue coaching the program.

If true, what was the deciding factor?

Loyalty. These kids didn't give up on me, why should I give up on them? I have 70 sons running around giving me their all, day in and day out. Honestly, I was almost out the door but as I spoke with the team to give them the news something in my heart told me it wasn't right. I've never had a change of heart like that before. I love these players. I love the program. And over the past 24 hours they've shown me how much they love me as well.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Coach you get to run it back as the kids say against tOSU, are you ready this go around?

They don't have Pryor you do have Harris, I feel like that gives you a distinct advantage, how do you feel?

Is the defense ready to set the tone in this game?

How important is it that you win this game although it is not a conference game?

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Coach you get to run it back as the kids say against tOSU, are you ready this go around?

I was ready last go around... hopefully they don't have some fat ass lineman playing slot this year.

They don't have Pryor you do have Harris, I feel like that gives you a distinct advantage, how do you feel?

Offense doesn't give you an advantage, you can score 71 points in a game but if the other team scores 72, you lose. Defense is where this starts and ends. If we can contain them, we have a very good shot at winning.

Is the defense ready to set the tone in this game?

You media guys are funny, asking questions you already know the answers too. You damn right my D is ready!!

How important is it that you win this game although it is not a conference game?

We're not aiming for just a conference title this year, we want it all. The money, the cars, the clothes, and the ooohhhhhsss, we just wanna be successful.