Miami Recruiting 2012

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami Recruiting 2012

Miami recruiting info here.

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

:5stars: DT Terrance Brooks instacommits to Miami Week 1

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Always nice to get a :5stars: recruit in week 1, I had to "settle" for 2 :4stars: and a :3stars:.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well since we can't use stars or tables yet I am just going to write it out.

Miami recently signed the following recruits over the last couple of weeks:

Three star WR Blake Weber signs with the Hurricanes. He brings in A+ speed, B acceleration and B jumping. He has all the downfield speed I need but his catching needs improvement. He just may be redshirted as a freshmen just so he can improve the catch skill at bit.

Four Star DE John Richardson signs with the Hurricanes. He isn't as good as I would like but he does have some skills. Another potential redshirt.

Four Star DE Kurt Clemens has also signed with the Canes. He is better than Richardson with B Pursuit, B Block Shed, and B Tackle. He has potential and could find himself starting or 2nd string depending on his rating.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami signs 2 more prospects

:4stars:G Dan Russell from Milford, DE elected to head south for the warmth of Miami. He brings good Run Block skills but his Strenght and Awareness need some major work. He might seem some play time next year but will not start unless he is the best we have.

:4stars:WR Blake Tremblay from Union City, GA has chose the Hurricanes over Clemson. He is Balanced and looks good. He may be a bit slow but has good Route Running and Jumping. Another recruit that is questionable in terms of PT.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Miami has signed:

:3stars:G Antonio Carter from Davie, FL has joined the Hurricanes. His skills average a C- so don't look for him on the field year 1 unless his is the
    best we have, which I hope not.

:3stars:SS Geoff Butler from Toledo, OH. Coming in as a JUCO and only being a 3 star worries me a little bit but having B Man and Zone coverage
    is decent I suppose. He is pretty slow (C+ speed) and can tackle OK. He probably will only be a depth chart place holder.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

:3stars:CB Courtney Toth signs with Miami Week 14. He has B Zone Coverage and C Man Coverage. Not very aware of things on the field though,
    probably going to see a redshirt his first season unless he is a freak of nature and these ratings are a fluke.

:3stars:WR Matt Phillips instacommits with Miami this week. The kid has not been on our board all season but he never gave up hope. Pretty tall
    at 6' 2" and with C catching, C+ Route Running, C+ Jumping and C+ Catch in Traffic he should be able to catch the ball and hold onto it.
    With most of Miami's receivers leaving after this season this kid could see good PT next year.

Miami has now signed 10/25 available recruits. The offseason has alot of possibilites and the sky is the limit.