Michael Crabtree May Miss Season

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Michael Crabtree May Miss Season

Wow. So he has based his arguments on Mock Drafts.. I would hate for this to happend but enough is enough. Just like Houston is doing with Robinson, LET THERE ASSES SIT AT HOME. I mean does he really think his value will remain the same by sitting the entire season? There is alot of negative things going on with this whole situation. If they are not delt with in the right fashion, we could have a mess on our hands with Rookie's for a long time. To me, if he skips the season..

1) His value may drop due to lack of play and interest.

2) Are you really gonna want a guy like this on your team?

3) So he caught abunch of passes for pass happy Texas Tech. Thats great. However, I didnt see anything in there to make me think he is the next Jerry Rice.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Wow...

And I actually really liked the guy too. Was rooting for him to get the Heisman last year and was disappointed when he didn't and Texas Tech fell on their faces. I had been all over the guy since his sophomore season when he broke the NCAA record for receptions, yards, and TDs by sophomores.

But this shit? Wow...

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

wow........why do these rookies get paid so much???

My only feeling is he wants money now...b/c when he sucks in the NFL and is not playing in 2-3 years at least he cashed in on his potential.

The fucking owners need to stop with paying these rookies all this dough...

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

If all the owners agreed to stop paying these guys the way they do, we wouldnt have this problem. This guys story is becoming more of a joke than any other rookie holdouts

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

That's the one thing that the NFL needs to adopt from the NBA: the rookie draft pick pay scale.

It's actually more detrimental to have a top 10 pick than a 11-25 pick in the first round because of the amount of money that you have to spend on these guys before you even know if they're any good or not. For every Peyton Manning there are 20 Ryan Leafs that teams pay 30+ million guaranteed to watch struggle for 4 years.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im not trying to piss of any Crabtree fans, but he is an idiot. The only player worth anything to come out of that system so far has been Welker... and if Crabtree is ever going to be as good of an NFL WR as Welker I'd bet it takes a good long while. If I were him I'd take whatever they give me and get into training camp ASAP. If he is as good as he should/could be, his next contract will be huge anyway.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    For anyone who follows recruiting, Crabtree was a big time prospect in high school. A talented QB and exceptional DB. Why did he go to Texas Tech? Grades prevented him from getting anywhere else and Tech offered him on a basketball scholarship (he was an all-state PG, then Knight told Leach about what a talent he was). Why did he RS his first year at Tech? Because his grades weren't even good enough to academically qualify, not becuase Tech had better WRs than him out taking reps.

Point of the story is that Crabtree is a very gifted moron. He should just take a small hit in pay and then prove himself to make a large contract when it expires.

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

I'm betting this is the first of many headaches Crabtree will cause for the 49ers. The guy seems to have way too much TO in him.

You have to wonder if at some point the NFL creates some kind of system for rookies and how much they get paid. I'd be surprised if this isn't part of the negotiations for the next CBA. The NFL doesn't like that these unproven players, many of whom bust, are getting all this money. The players don't like it because its money that could be going to veteran, proven players instead. Plus then you get rid of all this kind of nonsense that seems to hijack one or two teams every season.

9. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Doesn't surprise me.

I met the guy in April at an event in NYC for NCAA right before the draft weekend. It was probably the quickest I have never gone from being relatively excited to meet somebody (having seen some of his play in college you had to respect his ability on the field) to realizing the guy was a punk after talking to him. (His marketing guy was a cool shit though - talked to him afterwards).

(It's a shame too because Brian Johnson, the QB out of Utah, was just an awesome, intelligent, nice guy (as was Orakpo). And he's still sitting at home waiting for a phone call (I believe - last time I check he still didn't sign with anybody).

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Maybe he can take his ass to the CFL

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Ask Mike Williams how sitting out a year helps out your career.

12. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

this is why they need to implement rookie contracts like the nba, reward the vets not the rookie's for crying 10M isnt good enough

13. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

here...here...

I agree, this "rookie" is sprouting off at the mouth without ever catching an NFL pass. What's even worse is he's basis for this whole idea is the notion that he believes the Raiders to be in error in drafting Howard-Bey before him. What gall this guy has...hell, I would be happy with 1 million and he spits in the face of 10M??? Perhaps, this is just a ploy because he really doesn't want to go to San Francisco, but doesn't want to just come out and say it like Eli Manning did. In any event, I think the guy is a jackass...especially in an economy where so many people have lost their income. How dare him try and dictate how a NFL franchise should draft...I say let him reenter the draft and as a lesson and a statement going further...no team pick him up until possibly the last round...if then...but hey, who listens to me????