Michael Vick Reinstated this morning by Roger Goodell

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Sweetness, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Michael Vick Reinstated this morning by Roger Goodell

He was one of my favoriteplayers before I heard about dog fighting.
    I have to say I am glad to see himback though.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Would be great for the Wildcat formation!!

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

His parole should be cleaning up dog shit!!

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Whoever signs him should just move him to WR

5. VTEaZyE86

VTEaZyE86 Guest

Heard the minimum 5 game suspension this year was to keep him out of the UFL. I personally think the suspension this year is a joke. He's already had 32 games for this, yet Pacman Jones is connected to multiple shootings and he's only served 20 games. Just really frustrating that a 2 year prison term/NFL suspension isn't enough for Vick.

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Can he catch??? Run Routes??? Doubtful.

KR/PR or 3rd Down HB.

Special sub for certain formations.......he will find a home but probably a back up or specialty player.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

LOL, Can I please have an 8th of what you guys are smoking?

Vick will play quarterback.

8. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

in 2004 He won 11 games with a defense that didnt have any one player with more than 9 sacks. in a division that had Monte Kiffin's Bucs and John Foxes' Panthers.

He posted an 81 passer rating 2 years later, hes not been a great QB but the running makes him special.

Granted he can't hit the broad side of a barn, but really do we think hes gotten that much slower or less elusive? hes been hit hard maybe10 times , we have all seen them, otherwise he probably has less wear and tear than most QBs.

I have 2 dogs, have always had dogs, and would have shotgunned him if I caught him electrocuting his wounded dogs like they say he did. But I didnt catch him, and he went to real live PRISON, unlike say Leonard Little who killed a human.

So even though what he did sickens me, I'd like to see him play again, and I dont see why a team with no QB like Denver, that runs a Zoneblock Offense wouldnt be interested, really Kyle Orton over Vick?????

Any team with several servicable running backs, could do the same thing Hotlanta did with him, get him to complete 50% of his passes and run around back there.

Honestly he was the wildcat, before they officially announced it was back. 11 useful players on any play instead of 10.

Oakland, Denver, Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee, should all think about it, and for his price so should SEATTLE, although the fans here would crucify the team. (until he scores a TD)

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Correct...but he SHOULD be playing WR or DB or scat back or something. Unbelievable athlete, shitty QB

10. Blaza

Bro, he went to prison with a top 5 QB winning % in the league. He wins games, period. Yes, he doesn't do what Peyton and Tom do. But they don't do what he does either. W's is the most realistic barometer and Vick has proven that he can do that.

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

who will he play for???

12. Blaza

No clue who will take the chance on him. But I can't with a straight face say that there are 32 Starting QB's in the NFL that are better than him. Even after a layoff.

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

[​IMG]

Man, Fuck Michael Vick. This punk ass chump was never a good QB. I cant believe some of you think this dude is so great. He and his no talent drug addicted brother all come from the same household. I hope Dallas picks him up and Philly can eat him up and spit him out.

On one side note. It should be interesting if Michael Vick and Brian Dawkins meet. This is what Dawkins said in 2008 about the chance to see Vick in the NFL....

(y)

14. Blaza

Wow......

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

He's 38-28-1 in his career. Take away 2004 when he went 11-4 and he's a below .500 QB actually. His last 2 seasons he was average at best as a QB, but an excellent runner. And he's taken 2 years off not studying playbooks, defenses, or throwing routes. To say he's still a top 5 QB might be the most ludacris thing I've ever read.

He is a great athlete. The learning curve for being a WR or a DB is alot easier than that of a QB. Yes he has great arm strength, but that's it. He would be better served not being a QB.

16. Blaza

Why would we take away his 11-4 season? I never said he's still a top 5 QB, I said he had one of the top QB winning percentages at the time of his incarceration, which was true. I do believe that he can still be better than at least a few of the QB's currently starting in the NFL. How can you say he was average at best as a QB but an excellent runner? He brought a running dynamic to the QB position and ran for close to 1,000 yards every season. Several NFL teams cannot even get that out of one RB. Excellent seems like an understatement here.

His strength was never passing the ball. What he brought was a playmaking ability that made him one of the scariest offensive weapons of all time. He was literally one of the most gifted athletes EVER to grace an NFL field. He isn't even 30 yet--do you really think his physical talents have regressed to the point where he will be an average NFL athlete? NFL coordinators couldn't figure out a way to do anything more than contain him in his first 6 seasons so I have a hard time believing he won't be at least somewhat effective. Hey may not have thrown for 300 yards a game, but to say he didn't make EVERY D-Coordinator in the league's lives very difficult is just not true.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Because his last 2 seasons he was 8-7 and 7-9. He had 1 great year and an amazing win over GB on the road in the playoffs and the legend of Michael Vick was born. Before 2004 he was already hearing the label "bust" and during 2005 & 2006 he was getting pulled for series to bring in a better passer.

You just made my point for me. He is one of the most gifted athletes and runners of all time. Why make him be something he's not and bring his weaknesses to the forefront everytime he drops back to pass? Just make him a RB or WR, using all of his plusses and taking away his faults. Yeah he can line up under center a few plays a game in trick formations. But why bother having him pass 20-25 times a game? Get a better "passer" at QB and have him use his playmaking abilities at another position when he is not the focus of the defense. I'm not knocking Vick's athletisim or game changing ability. I'm just knocking his decision making and throwing attributes as a QB. Hell if the Giants signed him, he might be their best WR right now, never taking a snap there in his pro career. But he'd be 2nd on the QB depth chart.

18. Blaza

Serious question, Do you think all 32 starters in the NFL are better than Vick as a QB? I say no, and this is taking into account his 2 years away from the game. If are a D-Coordinator, who are you more afraid of, JT O'Sullivan or Vick?

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

If I had JT O'Sullivan and Michael Vick on the same team, I would start O'Sullivan under center and play Vick at wideout

20. Blaza

LOL, I'm speechless!

21. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Sorry man, I just don't think Vick is an NFL QB. Same as I didn't think Eric Crouch or Tommy Frazier are NFL QBs. He is a gifter runner and playmaker. He can be a gamebreaker when he gets the ball in his hands. He had 1 great year at QB when it was new and different. And his last 2 seasons, DC's learned how to stop him, and while his running went up, his losses went down. Make him an All-Pro WR, not a .500 QB

We can argue the point all we want. IF someone signs him, they will prob put him under center and we can see how he does and discuss it then

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

on a sidenote, what happened to you on Friday? thought you were in the city? we went drinking after work. was waiting on you to call

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Pfft, I wouldn't even have the fuckin' bum on my team. Any team that has the balls to bring back this piece of shit deserves what they get.

Guy has been out of the league for 2 seasons. He's done. There's no way in hell he even comes back and if some idiot franchise actually brings him in, he'll fizzle out soon afterward.

But, I would be the same way with all these idiots. If you are convicted of any crime above a misdemeanor, you're done. Banned. Adios. Don't let the PRIVILEGE of playing a GAME and getting paid MILLIONS OF DOLLARS hit you in the ass on the way out.

24. Blaza

But he has NEVER played WR. Not even in little league. Not saying he couldn't adapt, but I disagree that he would best serve a team there. Please don't forget that after that 11-4 season, Atlanta shifted to a West Coast offense which is the definition of placing a square peg in a round hole.

And please stop saying he is a .500 QB--he is a near .600 QB (which is higher than 80% of the league) with a higher passer rating than HOFers like Theisman and Namath. I don't consider being the only QB ever to rack up 1,000 yards on the ground being stopped. And since when is an 8-7-1 season a failure? There have been 8-8 teams that have made the playoffs and 9-7 makes it more times than not in the NFC. His worst record as an NFL starter is 7-9! I refuse to believe that there are 32 QBs better.

25. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Tell 'em Blaza

So losing about 200 million, all respect anyone had for you, your friends (douche bags for sure but still.)
    Going to Federal Prison, and having to quit your drinking and drug habits cold turkey due to prison.
    No ass for 2 years, (ok no female ass for 2 years) :mad: Having to file bankruptcy, losing 30% of your industries average earning cycle. Getting cut. and having an uncertain future in which you have promised a huge portion of your future income to attempt to pay off a staggering debt.

None of that matters? he plays in a league that has many other felons in it and no one feels the same way about any of them.

Leonard Little Killing someone with a car= a probowl?

Mike Vick Torturing and murdering dogs=a career?

Brandon marshall Beating your girlfriend=nothing not even a suspension?

As for the Dawkins comment I love B-Dawk, but he got cut anyway, hes old. Hes not gotta get to cripple Vick, And hes an NFLPA rep, you know the guys who want MORE money, which we all bitch about.

If Vick can help you, its a no brainer, winning is the MOST important thing right? Little and Marshall and TO and PacMan prove that. Ray Murder, my favorite LB of all time. Got away with it.

Reggie Bush cant make it as a WR, Vick wont either, he makes a bigger impact as a QB than at any other position. for all we know a more mature coach could have made Vick into the 2nd coming of Randall Cunningham or McNabb.