Michigan RAWRS back to beat the Vols in OT 31-24.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The Wolverines, still learning their new defense under DC Vic Koenning, wear behind the 8 ball early, due to the running of Jon Charles, who had 240 yards rushing for the day and 3 TDs. The Vols took a 17-0 lead early into the second quarter before the Wolvs kicker Mike Moses made 2 FGs to make the score 17-6 before halftime.

Michigan received the second half KO only to give the ball back to the Vols and Charles, who promptly busted through the Wolverine line and broke several tackles on his way to a 46 yard TD run to push the Vol lead to 24-6. Then the momentum began to change. Moses kicked another FG at the end of the third to make the score 24-9. Then at the beginning of the 4th, the miracles began to happen, starting with this pass to TE John Meyer.

After a 2 point play, the score was 24-17. The Vols got a first down but the Wolverine D stopped them and made the UT offence punt.

Michigan drove 80 yards to finish the game with this miraculous catch by McDonald that looked to be out of the EZ.

This sent the game into OT. The Wolverines got the ball first and scored on this pitch play from Dennis Smith.

The Vols got the ball back to tie the score and extend the OT until FS David Clark made this play to seal the comeback win.

Awesome game BDS!! I was shocked at how the players came back but it again proves that momentum is a huge factor in this years game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah great game. Break up the wolverines.

Jon Charles tho might be one of the best players in the country this year. Too ba he doesn't have a better team around him.

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

31 -14 in OT huh??

• Like Like x 2
  4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Haha i didn't catch that. 31-24 is what he meant I think

5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

lol yea

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football