Michigan squeaks by Ole Miss 27-24 in OT!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Oct 26, 2009
    The Wolverines cashed in their lotto tickets while hosting the visiting Rebels in the RAIN. Again, I really dislike the rain or snow. Coach Hellisan had the troops ready and they came firing out of the gate, sparked by HB Jeff Scott's 63 yard TD scamper less than a minute into the game. The Wolveriners would add a FG to cut the deficit to 7-3 to end the quarter.

HB Jeff Scott would add a 10 yard rush to open the 2nd quarter, giving the Rebs a 14-3 lead. Then, lightning struck during the torrential donpour as DRob unleashed a lucky pass after slipping for 70 yards to JeRon Stokes.

That allowed RB Stephen Hopkins to rush in from 4 yards out to close the gap to 14-10. The third quarter was all Rebs as Scott scored his 3rd TD of the game and the Rebs added a FG as well to take a commanding 24-10 lead into the 4th. But a Will Hagerup FG made it 24-13 and RB Thomas Rawls, filling in for the injured Hopkins scored from 3 yards out along with a 2 pt conversion made the score 24-21.

The Wolverine Defense held their ground and forced the Rebels to punt. DRob marched the Wolverines into scoring position with time running down when Coach Hellisan iced the kicker. With no time left, Hagerup sent the kick through the uprights from 36 yards out to force OT

The Rebels got the ball first and on their second play, the Wolverines struck gold:

That fumble gave the Wolverines the ball and Hagerup kicked the GW FG from 41 yards out.

Great game Hellisan. Coach Hellisan had the worst luck of dropped passes and terrible throws from Mackey but his D played well and Scott is a monster.

DRob = 18/29 for 240 yards 0 TDs 4 INTs
    Hopkins = 21 att 81 yards 1 TD
    Stokes = 2 catches 87 yards.

Jeff Scott = 12 carries 117 yards 3 TDS
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Awesome comeback win for the Wolverines. I was really disappointed and am still a bit down in the dumps after this one, it seems like my team can't do the really simple things like catch a 5-yard hitch or catch the ball anytime they are hit from behind. Nevermind catching it when getting crushed, if the QB even gets it there to begin with, they can't hang on to it if anybody lays a finger on them. Still, give the Wolverines credit, great closing speed and huge pressure on my QB all game long.

Conversely however, Michigan's players did hold on to the ball most of the time so give them credit. Yes they dropped a couple... They also dropped a couple INTs as did we. However they simply made more plays in winning the game despite losing the turnover battle 4-1 in in regulation...

Great win Twist, big for the Michigan program. We have to find a way to bounce back from this one, because I don't think we can afford to lose another game all season.. At this point that sounds like a punch line.
  3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2009
    crazy pass by D-Rob.....damn!