1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Michigan squeaks out a win 24-21 against ASU!!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I have played alot of games on TSO including an epic 7 OT game against Bondzai but this one ranks up there with it. Very tough and intense game that i commend Coach JFosh and his crew for a very tough battle and who deserved to win the game as much as the Wolverines.

The game opened up with a masterful QB option play in which ASU QB Tim Smith weaved his way 51 yards to paydirt to put the Devs up 7-0. After a couple of first downs, the Devil D stopped the Wolverines attack and forced a punt, which Moses put deep in the red zone. This play gave the D confidence to stay with the high powered ASU squad.

HB Sean Butler punched it in to tie the score at 7-7.

QB Tim Smith burned the Wolverine D once again on an option pitch to HB Jason Washington for a 53 yard TD run to give the Devils the lead 14-7. QB John Curtis would lead the Woverines on a long drive before the half to tie it at 14-14 on an 8 yard TD pass to Curtis Nelson.

The third quarter would prove to be rather quiet with the Wolvs gaining a Mike Moses FG to take the lead 17-14.

But opening the 4th quarter, QB Smith would give the Devils back the lead on an 8 yard TD pass to WR Justin King. After a couple of failed drives and a Curtis INT, the Wolverines would go on a 17 play drive that would chew up the clock and produce the GW score with 8 seconds left:

Great game Jfosh!!! I hope to play this again next season.

• Like Like x 3