Michigan St. vs Penn St.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jfosh, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfosh

jfosh Super

Michigan St. vs Penn St.

When can you play JC? I can play tonight, or saturday day and sunday day.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

He's out of town until Sunday night. Advance is Sunday morning. We advanced yesterday morning and no communication yesterday. These are not good things.

Game will be simmed. Make sure you do get your recruiting in though.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Simmed? Why? Is there some type of rule that the game is simmed if the other guy is out of town and you dont post to schedule the game within 12 hours it gets simmed?

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No rule, but it was 28.5 hours that passed. You are both at fault, so no one gets to play the CPU.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

Your league so your rules I guess where there are none written.

So, I take it precedent is set, you go out of town and if the game is not scheduled but the other guy can play 3 days in a row while your out of town its a sim for both.

I don't agree but I understand the point your trying to make with scheduling the game.

Might I suggest you send an xbox live message when you advance to all members of the league. All it has to say is advanced wk(x). I found that in the Tradition the xbl message combined with the forum post has shortened weekly advance times.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, if you are able to be on the xbox there really isn't a reason that you cannot be active on the forums as well.

BUT -- your point is well taken. I will start sending messages with the advances starting with our next one. That doesn't help activity levels in the forums, but the more informed we all are, the better things will run. Thanks.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This isn't about a rule or a precedent being set. If a guy who is on here posting regularly doesn't pop in and schedule his user game right away we give him leeway, we hold up advances, etc. If someone who has been a complete ghost for four weeks since joining the league isn't showing up and is going to hold up the advance, we move on.

Consider it a second warning. I know you've been a solid member of TF, so if you're just not into this league let's part ways, no hard feelings. This is meant to be a league of high board activity by everyone. Sorry if that wasn't made clear enough up front. It's just not fair to our guys who are really into the league and provide a lot of value to have spots taken up by guys who don't.

It's up to you for now, but no more warnings.

8. jfosh

jfosh Super

I dont hold up the league. And wouldn't expect the league to hold up for me.
    Your problem is with my participation in the OFFL forums. End of story.

Instead of making a new rule (or passing it off that way) you or Basis should have just stated you get sim as a punishment for low activity in the forum. Thats really what this is. Had I been someone else no sim. While Im a member of this league I dont expect deferential treatment but it would be nice for it to be equal. You travel a slippery slope when only some people get leeway.

Now with the warnings, child please. I dont need warnings and you shouldn't give them.

Joining this league after the pre-season recruiting was not all that interesting to me. The way the recruiting is set up you really need to be here right at the start.

League activity will always have its high volume guys, mid volume guys, and low volume guys. Users might fluctuate through these zones from season to season depending on whats going on in their life and team. Right now I'm low volume, Penn St. hasn't become mine yet. I haven't put a recruit on the roster gone through an off-season or pre-season.

The choice of weather I'm the league or not is yours. I'll be honest I will not be able to provide all the content I provide for T1. But that doesn't mean I wont be a contributing member either. You have some truly great Dynasties in this league but there are also not so great ones. High, mid, and low volume like I was saying.

So, really its up to you. No warnings please.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, it didn't even really need to be a rule but you suggested, in so many words, that it should be more clearly defined. So it has. As far as the "sim as punishment" thing, it was more about lack of communication for you both, and to clear that up. That was the idea from the start, and I was fine with not needing a rule at all, but the suggestions you provided make a lot of sense.

Overall, this will help the league. Communication needs to be more streamlined and people need to be on the same page. Working these kinks out is part of the process. No one should take anything personally or read more into a situation than there actually is.

It has also been my feeling all along that once you got into the PSU groove, i.e. had your recruits in and got to play a season from the start, that your participation would increase. That is to be expected. Coming in mid-season and getting to know everyone and a new team is also part of the process.

Lastly, do you watch the TV show "The League"? CHILLLLLD PLEASE! :D

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey, sorry guys, Sorry for the inactivity. I'm in Wisconsin. I feel since Jfrosh tried to schedule and I wasn't available he should be able to play against the CPU. I'm not trying to undermine your decision, but my season isn't worth much at this point, and I'm out of town. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me though. I'll be back and active Sunday.

Thanks Fellas.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Not trying to get into a pissing match here. We seem to have wires crossed.

Shoot me and Basis a PM so we can figure this out.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Fosh, at JC's request I am placing him on auto, so you can play the CPU. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.