Michigan State AD Seeking Home/Home Series for Future Scheduling

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Disclaimer: I'm not sure if this is appropriate for me to pursue here, but I thought it would be fun and in the spirit of our fast-moving dynasty.

Mark Hollis (Michigan State's AD) is looking for non-conference opponents from the SEC or Pac-12 that are interested in pursuing a home/home series for 2012 and 2013. If any of the ADs from qualifying programs are interested in playing Michigan State, please notify the office of the AD (or simply post here).

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't mind if guys try to schedule this stuff on their own, especially if they look ahead and see which conference teams drop of their schedules for the next season. If MSU dropped off the Buckeye schedule next year (which they don't) then I'd be looking for an out of conference game. Also, if a user wins it all, we'll be voting on the kickoff classic, which will put the champ up against a user of our choosing.

Just a couple things to consider. If a game works, and both guys want it, we'll do what we can to make the schedules work.

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

I will play you next year as I think I will only have 2 in conference user games.

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

I will sign up for a home and home with you. BUT it has to be for the life of the dynasty not just 2 years. Let me know what you think

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will sign up for a two for one.

6. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Scheduling Rumors Spread in East Lansing

Reports are surfacing in East Lansing that AD Mark Hollis is finalizing negotiations for a long-term inter-conference series with the University of Florida. Speculation suggests that the move will help the MSU recruiting efforts in the South with their soon-to-be pipelines into Florida and Georgia. According to an unnamed source, the duration of the scheduling commitment is the only thing holding this up and is currently being reviewed by the NCAA.

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Well played back at me.....I love the idea of building a inter sim nation rivalry with a user out of conference this release. I just dont want to play 2 or 4 times in a row want to do it maybe 10-14 times if we get that far.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Keep in mind that I think one of you is fairly likely to be voted into the Season Kickoff game, which wouldn't leave another opening for a user game.

I hope it works out tho!

9. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Bama would like to get in on this home and home with no stipulations for it to last forever like some programs.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Bama and MSU have a real-life home/home series scheduled for 2016/2017. We don't necessarily need to wait until then.

11. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

That's a good point. How does that work? If someone wins the title, the other teams vote to decide their opponent in week 1?

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Precisely. It's called the Kickoff Classic. Basically, if you win a title, you're going on the road in week one of the next season. Opponent is chosen through a poll.