Michigan State at Michigan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Michigan State at Michigan

JC, give me some times you can play this weekend? I am good for Saturday afternoon/night or Sunday afternoon/night. Preferably not too late EST.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

How does Sunday around 2pm sound?

3. Juggernautblitz

That should work, will let you know for sure by tonight.

4. Juggernautblitz

2 pm EST Sunday works for me.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Im all set to play whenever.

6. Juggernautblitz

AG and rest of league. JC and myself had a really good defensive game going and then with about 5:30 remaining in the 4th, the connection was lost, game over. I had led the whole first half and then JC went ahead on a long pass to go up 17 - 10 to start the 4th. I was driving though, approaching mid-field, 2nd and 9 when the connection was lost.
    JC is unable to replay the game today. I almost hate to ask but can we get an extension to play tomorrow? I don't know about JC but I could get it played around 5:30 - 6 pm tomorrow so it could be advanced before Monday night.

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

5:30 would be perfect for me tomorrow blitz

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Wait a minute here.

Two weeks ago, we had two guys schedule a game after the advance time, without informing anyone. Last week, I took a sim to keep us on schedule (losing a key part of my offense to injury in the process). Now, with the advance still many hours away, we're scheduling for tomorrow? Three weeks in a row?

I understand that being commish means I sometimes have to grant privileges to others without taking them myself, and that I sometimes have to get screwed, but three weeks in a row is more than I'm willing to put up with.

Work it out. We advance at 11. Either we sim, you guys play, or someone goes on auto. Those are the options.

This is how leagues fall apart. This is how it begins. From now on, we move on schedule.

AG

9. Juggernautblitz

I am not playing for a national title with this squad this year anyway so whatever. I would rather play it because I think I can win the game but seeing as I was down 7 in the 4th I can't complain about a sim outcome.

I understand the 3 advance thing in a row being an issue but things happen sometimes that are out of our control and that needs to be taken into consideration. 2 advances ago there was no communication to the league and probably should have been a sim, last advance seemed like a legit scheduling conflict for JC (I believe it had something to do with him trying to find gainful employment) and in my opinion should have been delayed because of the national title consequences and this is also a legit excuse, where we tried to get the game in but outside circumstances dictated otherwise. Since it will have no impact on the national title though, I won't complain about a sim.
    That being said, from now on I will not schedule a user game on the last day of the advance unless I will have plenty of time to replay the game if need be.