Michigan State Big Ten Champs!!!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

In real life!! 11-1! I predicted an 8-4 season way back in August with losses to Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn State and Notre Dame. And dammit I'm glad to be proven wrong. I don't even care if we are co-champs, we still got a piece of it!! First time I can even remember them being Big Ten Champs. GO GREEN! GO WHITE! GO SPARTY!! Ahhh I love being a Michigan State fan...we waited all these years of bad penalties and undisciplined teams, finally we have the best MSU team I have ever seen.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think it would be fun if Ohio State and Michigan State got matched up in a bowl, LOL.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's possible but doubtful...I'm thinkin LSU - MSU

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Awesome year for sparty. Stupid big 10th tie breakers though. State holds the two team tie breaker on both schools, but gets robbed cause its a three way.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I am hoping for an At Large bid...maybe Sugar or Fiesta? Doubtful though.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Have fun in the Outback Bowl. BCS only lets 2 teams from the same conference in..............

Wisconsin -- Rose
    Ohio State -- Sugar

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I can't wait until next year when we've got a conference championship to make sure garbage like this doesn't happen any more.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Amen brother. That is comforting. Is RichRod gone now jello?

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Only if you can replace him with quality should that move be made. I think Harbaugh is NFL bound so that takes him out of the running.

10. dakota7

This isn't happening anytime soon. LMAO

11. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I guess I should've looked @ the Big 12 south before I wrote this since the same exact thing happened there this year. :D Having 12 teams won't fix this problem after all.

You live much closer to Michigan than I do so you'd probably know more about it than I. I hope so, but if Harbaugh really is NFL bound, then I don't know who I'd rather have. Harbaugh is an obvious slam dunk if we could get him though. The problem with that though is that Harbaugh would have the same issue that RichieRod had his first couple of years. He'd have a team full of guys that don't fit his scheme.
    They're moving to 12 teams next season so I'm not sure what you mean by it "isn't happening anytime soon."

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Harbaugh isn't going to UofM, he and the athletic department have already had issues with each other. I don't see RichRod getting fired, there really aren't any other options available with Michigan connections. If they want to go outside the box, then it's possible with coaches like Stoops at Arizona.

The Big Ten will have a championship game next year, at Lucas Oil stadium.

The BCS needs to be completely removed from college football. It does nothing but hurt the game. MSU beat Wisc and has a tougher schedule than both Wisc and OSU (MSU: 33rd, Wisc:55th, OSU: 73rd) yet they are still behind them in the BCS standings because of their one late loss against Iowa and less storied history than OSU. Another issue with the BCS is it encourages teams to run up the score, I.E. Wisconsin. They were up 63-23 and still throwing it deep. It's classless, but can you blame them for doing it when they are trying to stay ahead of OSU because of the system we have in place?

13. dakota7

@Jello, I thought you meant "Next year, when Michigan wins a conference championship". Not "Next year, when the Big Ten has a conference championship game". My bad.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I doubt Michigan will be winning a Big Ten Championship next year. Not unless their defense can actually play and their offense stops leaving points on the field. Saw at least 3 chances for them score against OSU and make it a game but they couldn't come up.