Michigan State Offline Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Masler, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Starting my offliner way earlier this year than I did last year.

Here are my settings:

Skill: Heisman
    Recruiting Difficulty: Heisman
    Sliders: I Peench
    Quarter Length: 7 Minutes
    Injuries On
    Fatigue On
    Game Speed Normal
    Threshold: 40
    HFA Effects: On
    Ice the Kicker: On

History| Overall Record: 2-1(0-0)

Season 1| 2-1(0-0) | Last Game:W 41-38 vs Notre Dame.

Recruiting

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

#12 Michigan State - 21

#21 Boise State - 17

There were fireworks in the first half as the teams would trade blows. Maxwell connected on two long TD passes while Caper ran one in from 5 yards out. Boise led a very strong, balanced attack but the Sparty D was just a bit better as they held off any comeback attempt they tried. The second half showed only Boise tack on a FG. They would make several drives but each time the MSU defense would hold the line and allow the offense to drain as much clock as possible.

The Spartans start off the season on the right foot and face Central Michigan Week 2.

Stats

A. Maxwell - 11/24, 213 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
    L. Bell - 22 Att, 113 yards, 5.1 ypc
    T. Lippett - 3 Rec, 76 yards, 1 TD
    K. Mumphery - 3 Rec, 89 yards, 1 TD
    J. Adams - 7 Tackles, 1 TFL, 2 INT

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

MSU a boss

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

#12 Michigan State - 24

Central Michigan - 31

Yes it's true. The Chips had me chasing them all game. I received the ball to start the day and put up 3 points on my first drive. CMU would return the favor and tie the game up at 3 a piece. I tried converting a 4th down while in the red zone but came inches short which would allow the Chips to put together a terrific drive ending in a TD. This would not be the end as they would intercept me on the next drive and take a 17-7 lead late in the second quarter. I managed to score a TD of my own to cut the lead to 7 but they would get the ball to start the second half. My defense just was not able to cover their passing attack as Ryan Radcliff ripped me apart. The third quarter ended 20-17 with CMU barely leading. We finally found our offensive groove near the end of the game to go up by one measly point 24-23. But as Heisman difficulty would say, GOD MODE was enabled and CMU would convert 1st down after 1st down. We finally managed to slow them down and on 3rd and long with 6 seconds Radcliff bombed it to the endzone. My SS was covering the WR beautifully and would most definitely swat the ball away, ending the game. But no instead of jumping to swat he raises his hands like he is a receiver and allows the WR to jump in front of it, scoring the winning TD. The Chips even rubbed it in my face with the 2 point conversion with 1 second left. I somehow got one chance to tie the game up with a kick off return and while I made it to the 50 yard line, the kicker tripped me up and sealed the Central Michigan upset to a loud cry of "FIRE UP CHIPS!"

Coach Masler was seen with a blank expression and later told the press he would be inviting the Chippewas to East Lansing next season. Who knows what will come of the Spartans in the polls next week....

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lol pwned

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

#24 Michigan State - 41

Notre Dame - 38

Overtime

This was back and forth all day long. Notre Dame continuously passed the ball deep and the QB constantly ran to avoid pressure causing a headache for Coach Masler. As if it wasn't bad enough, we had the lead 38-31 late in the fourth when Cierre Wood would break a huge run and tie the game up with 25 seconds. Three bombs sailed over Spartan receivers, forcing OT. Notre would go on offense first and spin their wheels. Their FG attempt went wide right after MSU would call the icing timeout. Michigan State would pick up a first down but a sack would force them to kick a FG as well. Somehow the ND timeout iced us at home. Dan Conroy was able to keep his composure and the kick split it right down the middle. Andrew Maxwell was a monster in this game with 329 yards passing with 5 touchdowns.

This game was tough fought and much needed after a horrible loss to a certain in state team. Up next is Eastern Michigan.

7. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Here's the box score of my ND game:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Very similar to mine, either ND is toughbor cheesy. They kept making ridiculous sideline catches where my defender made no attempt at any sort of play.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

#19 Michigan State - 28

Eastern Michigan - 3

Not really much a recap for this one as it was vs Eastern Michigan. I did have my doubts after the loss the Central but it was clear the Maxwell - Lippett combination was going to be unstoppable on the day. But Maxwell forced way too many passes recording a horrid 5 INT's. Later in the game backup QB Connor Cook would connect with Mumphery for a TD to seal the game.

Next week is the B1G Opener vs tOSU.

Stats

A. Maxwell - 11/21, 194 yards, 3 TD, 5 INT
    C. Cook - 3/4, 71 yards, 1 TD
    T. Lippett - 7 Rec, 154 yards, 3 TD
    M. Rush - 4 Tackles, 3 TFL, 3 Sacks

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

#18 Michigan State - 24

#10 Ohio State - 14

Maxwell once again led the passing attack in a good performance. He was showing flashes of Kirk at times, though he did record one interception. Braxton Miller seemed to only want to scramble at the slightest hint of pressure ( dakota7 ). This resulted in numerous tackles, he attempted twice to throw while scrambling and both passes were picked off. Eventually in the 4th quarter Miller's scrambling knocked him out of the game for good.

Sparty starts conference play with a W and faces the Hoosiers next weekend.

Stats

A. Maxwell - 10/14, 199 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
    J. Caesar - 1 Rec, 50 yards, 1 TD

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

I want to see some screenshots of those sick Green and Gold unis!

12. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Do you limit yourself to only 3-stars or something? I'm surprised ya can't grab decent 4-star players as MSU.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

You talking about these?
    green and gold.PNG
    green and gold2.PNG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm working on it lol

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

#17 Michigan State - 21

Indiana - 28

This was a tough loss vs a rival. Will probably hurt me a lot in the recruiting battle. Maxwell had a rough day getting picked off twice in crucial moments that allowed Indiana not only to tie the game but to score the winning TD. We drove down the field with under a minute left. Inside the redzone we had a TD get called back thanks to a holding call and the final play of the game was an out of bounds catch that would seal the upset for the Hoosiers

Next week is a home game vs Iowa

Stats

A. Maxwell - 12/21, 222 yards, 2 INT, 10 Att, 21 yards
    L. Bell - 21 Att, 92 yards, 4.3 ypc, 1 TD
    L. Caper - 9 Att, 61 yards, 6.7 ypc, 2 TD

Following the game I have decided to put Caper in the #1 spot. I like Bell a lot but he just isn't an every down back IMO. Caper showed much more explosiveness and that was what we needed in this game but it came too late.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

#23 Michigan State - 35

Iowa - 10

Maxwell came up big in this one with 4 TD passes with only 1 INT, we may be getting close to a game where he doesn't throw a pick. The real star of the game was LB Denicos Allen. If he weren't on the field tonight it would have been a very different game. He was all over the backfield and doing work. He had Vadenbergs number and never let go of it.

A trip to the Big House next weekend in the Battle for Paul Bunyan.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

#23 Michigan State - 35

#9 Michigan - 24

The first half was very tightly contested with the Wolverines scoring 10 points in the final 1:11 to take the 24-21 lead into halftime. After that they were pretty much shut down as MSU scored twice more as Maxwell took control on his was to a 3 touchdown game with nearly 300 passing yards. Caper played a big part in the run game as well with 134 yards but no touchdowns.

EL keep Paul for one more year. Next week: at Wisconsin

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    White Intercepts O'Brien to seal the victory

#17 Michigan State - 54

#13 Wisconsin - 45

This one was crazy (much like all MSU-UW games have been as of late). The game started off with Wisconsin looking sluggish by going 4 and while MSU had a great drive capped off by a TD reception from Lippett. Wisconsin would own the second quarter though as they powered their way to 4 straight touchdowns to go up 28-7. State was able to drive down in the final minute of the half and score on a 8 yard run from Caper. The third would start with Wisconsin scoring twice more to go up 42-14 and everything looked slim for Michigan State. This is where the Badgers made a huge mistake, they started chucking the ball downfield nearly every play, only completing a couple. The fourth quarter would belong to MSU and that's all that matters. Lippett caught a 50 yard pass from Maxwell to come within 21. Wisconsin added a FG to their lead but then Maxwell woke up. He would complete four huge towndowns for State that gave them the lead, each TD was accompanied by the 2 point conversion to close the gap. Wisconsin, down 51-45 made a scary pass that had them end up at the 35 yard line with 2 timeouts. O'Brien made his second mistake of the game by throwing to the flats when DB White would intercept the ball, he took it back to the MSU 35 and Conroy booted a 52 yd FG to push this game out of reach. Wisconsin ended the game on an incompletion with 1 second left.

Maxwell surpassed two records at MSU today including TDs in a season (broken by Cousins just a year prior) and most passing yards in a game by a MSU QB. Next Week: vs Nebraska

Stats

A. Maxwell - 246.7 QBR, 20/32, 490 yards, 6 TD, 1 INT (if only he could do this in reality)
    L. Caper - 13 Att, 99 yards, 7.6 ypc, 1 TD
    T. Lippett - 6 Rec, 233 yards, 4 TD
    K. Mumphrey - 4 Rec, 124 yards, 1 TD
    D. Sims - 3 Rec, 61 yards, 1 TD

• Like Like x 1
  19. Masler

Masler Moderator

#12 Michigan State - 31

#10 Nebraska - 27

Caper did well on the ground today as he continues to fill in for still injured Le'Veon Bell. The Senior HB average 5 ypc and ran the ball in twice, once running right over a defender that would have otherwise stopped him at the 5 yard line. Maxwell did pretty good on the day also with over 200 yards passing to go along with 2 touchdown passes, he even showed a little bit of speed, picking up 17 yards on the ground on a couple of carries. Our defense had some trouble with Martinez but in the end he threw a bad interception that allowed us to drive for the go ahead TD late in the 4th.

We hit a Bye Week before hosting Northwestern. The win over Nebraska puts us in the drivers seat to win the the B1G Legends division.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

#8 Michigan State - 56

Northwestern - 26

Maxwell had a dominating game today throwing for over 400 yards and a whopping 7 touchdowns, he did record a couple of picks but it didn't seem to bother him. Lippett was his main receiver, snagging 11 catches for over 200 yards and a couple of scores. It just seemed like Northwestern couldn't play the pass today and they continued to get 3 and outs in the first half, allowing us to take major advantage of that. We didn't forget the run game though as Caper had 94 yards and a rushing score.

Sparty finishes the season in Minneapolis vs the Golden Gophers.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

#7 Michigan State - 36

Minnesota - 32

We had a pretty terrible game, turning the ball over 3 times and not forcing any. It was a close game though with Maxwell throwing 4 TD's as he struggled to keep up with Gray who was passing and scrambling all over. The Golden Gophers had 3 TD's on the ground including a huge run from Gray. State was able to run the ball well with Caper as he scored a TD and went over 100 yards on the day. The turning point in the game came after Maxwell fumbled trying to scramble for the go ahead score late in the 4th quarter. Leaving Minnesota on the 1 yard line proved to be beneficial as Gray would attempt the option and while he escaped Max Bullough, the HB could not escape the defense as he went down for a safety. MSU would of course get the ball back on offense as Maxwell hooked up with Mumphrey for his 3 TD reception of the day. Minnesota was able to complete a long pass within the 20 yard line but unfortunately for them, no time remained on the clock.

State finishes the regular season on a 6 game win streak and head to Indy for the second straight year.

Stats

A. Maxwell - 17/24, 273 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
    L. Caper - 26 Att, 130 yards, 5.0 ypc, 1 TD
    T. Lippett - 9 Rec, 159 yards, 1 TD
    K. Mumphrey - 6 Rec, 89 yards, 3 TD
    K. Drummond - 3 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Safety

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

B1G Conference Championship​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #6 Michigan State - 31
    #10 Wisconsin - 12
    Indianapolis, IN​
    The Spartans did everything right tonight as Maxwell passed for 3 and Cook passed for a TD when he filled in for a shook up Maxwell. Le'Veon Bell finally returned from injury but he didn't do as well as hoped, only gaining 67 yards on 24 carries. On the other side of the ball, Allen and Bullough combined for 2 sacks, 7 TFL and a forced fumble. We started off the game by going up 17-0 easily before halftime. Wisconsin got a bit of a spark into them after the half but it wasn't enough as MSU posted 14 more points in answer to their 12. I'm not sure why Wisconsin went for two both times as they missed each time. They focused highly on TE Pedersen in the pass game and it worked for a bit but once we started shading him, it translated into 4 picks tossed up by O'Brien. ​
    Michigan State gets their revenge on Wisconsin after the B1G loss last season. We now await our bowl announcement. ​

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

The Bowl Selection show has matched #3 USC and #5 Michigan State in the Rose Bowl as expected.

In other news, WR Tony Lippett barely lost out to WR Kenny Stills of Oklahoma in the Biletnikoff award. Lippett outgained Stills in yards and TD's but the tie breaker was Stills having more receptions and some rushing stats (I think).

Lippett was named to the All-NCAA 1st Team as well as All-B1G 1st Team

OLB Allen was named to both as well.

Nick Hill make All-NCAA 2nd Team as the Returner, 1st Team All-B1G

Several other Spartans made the B1G First Team such as RG McDonald, LE Rush, CB Adams, SS Lewis, K Conroy

Several Spartans also made B1G Second Team: QB Maxwell, WR Mumphrey, LT France, LG Treadwell, RT Fonoti, DT Rashad-White, MLB Bullough, CB Dennard, FS Drummond (Also made All-NCAA 2nd Team

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

Spartans win first Rose Bowl in 24 years!
    [​IMG]
    LB Allen seals the Spartans victory.​
    #5 MSU - 31

#3 USC - 24

What a better way to win the Rose Bowl than to play the opponent we played last time we were in the Rose as well as beat. USC was a very tough opponent as they rushed for over 200 yards and had a very balanced attack, something the CPU does rarely anymore. The Trojans would boast a 17 point lead into the second quarter but MSU shaped up and made it 17-14 going into halftime. USC would get the ball first and take a ten point lead. MSU would score next on a FG midway through the 4th to cut the lead to 7 points. Matt Barkley would try to scramble for the first down at the Spartans 30 yard line but would get creamed and lose the ball with less than a minute to play. Michigan State would utilize the hurry up offense and with 11 seconds on the clock Andrew Maxwell hit Mumphrey for the TD on 4th and long. USC would try one last bomb to win but OT was inevitable. Maxwell would get sacked three consecutive times and would be knocked out of Conroy's range. Maxwell lobbed it towards the endzone where Mumphrey would grab it for the TD to go up by 7, the first time we had the lead all game. USC went back to the ground game but we had their number by now. On second down they fired a pass to the TE but All-American LB Denicos Allen would leap in front of it and secure the victory for MSU.

Michigan State finished the season on a very high note at 12-2.

25. Masler

Masler Moderator

Season 1 Off-Season Notes

1) Three FR decided to take off for other schools due to lack of Playtime but LE Rush, HB Bell, TE Sims and LT France did stay with us for their SR seasons

2) CB Adams was drafted in the 1st Round of the NFL Draft, K Conroy was taken in the 4th and last RG McDonald was taken in the 6th (Projected 7th).

3) A 3 Star OLB signed. A 4 Star QB signed.

4) Several players improved quite well in Training. This offense is going to be nearly unstoppable next season.