Michigan State Spartans

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JCspartan2, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Michigan State Spartans

Michigan State Changes:

QB --> WR Keith Nichol

Keith Nichol, who wears number 7, was the backup QB for MSU last year after losing the QB battle to starter Kirk Cousins. Currently, on the TB rosters, they have QB #17 listed with Nichol's QB ratings. This happens to be Keith's younger brother, Kyle Nichol, but he is a walk on and should not be rated this highly. Keith Nichol should be listed at WR and is not. He is the #1 WR on the depth chart of the Spartans and should be rated accordingly. Keith is the best athlete on the team. He is a 6-2, 220 pound Jr. His speed should be somewhere around 88 with a high acceleration, something low 90's. He is also a great leaper so his jumping should be mid 80's as well. Agility should also be up in the 80's somewhere. He is great at catching the ball in traffic and leaving his feet to do so, but he will drop the occasional easy one. So I would give him good CIT and spectacular catch ratings, with his catching rating being average.

As for QB #17 on the roster, Kyle Nichol, he is a freshman walkon, but is listed as a junior, and all of his ratings are probably way too high. I haven't seen him play but I can't imagine he is any good and doubt he sees the field in his career with MSU.

QB #7 on this roster is true freshman Joe Boisture, they got him pretty much right, but he wears number 6.

They are missing QB #10 Andrew Maxwell, who should be a RS Freshman and rated slightly above what he is in 10. Something like 87 THP, 82 THA with mid 70's speed.

I'm really hoping that the TB rosters are not the finished product and this will be sorted out before they game officially releases, but based on what I'm seeing from other people that have the game already I don't have high hopes. These are pretty big mistakes on MSU's roster, and there are a few more glaring ones that I will post later.

Here is a link to MSU's Depth Chart:

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    Notable Missing freshman from MSU:

LB/DE William Gholston
    6'7 237 Fr 5-star recruit

Gholston will be playing linebacker for the spartans in their 3-4 defense this year. He should have some very good ratings for a freshman as he was the top recruit in the state last year.

LB #40 Max Bullough
    6'3 235 Ilb Fr 4-star recruit

I dont know what he should be rated, but he is very highly touted so it should be a decent rating.

HB #20 Nick Hill
    5'6 185 Fr 3-star recruit 4.4 40-yard dash

Hill should have good speed, but better agility and acceleration. He is a little water bug that set all kinds of records in high school, and had a good spring game for the spartans.

HB #24 Le'Veon Bell
    6'2 230 Fr 2-star recruit 4.6 40-yard dash
    Bell is a power back, he had a solid spring game, but other than that I don't know much about him.

There are a number of other guys that should be included that aren't, but I can't find a depth chart/roster with all of the freshman included.
  3. Palo20

Palo20 Walk On

May 30, 2010
    ^^^I could have sworn I saw Gholston on the roster as a DE??
  4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Feb 21, 2009
    I just double checked, your definitely right, he's there.
  5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Oct 8, 2009
    Michigan State Spartans

Who needs to be added/deleted/or anything you wanna contribute for the Michigan State Spartans goes in this thread.
  6. GoAztecs

GoAztecs Walk On

Jul 20, 2010
    RB Ashton Leggett Michigan St. Illinois St.
    RB Caulton Ray Michigan St. Western Illinois

doubt they are on there, but just in case to take off
  7. GreenJam26

GreenJam26 Walk On

Aug 7, 2010
    Here are some things to double check on Michigan State...

1. Joe Boisture should be #6
    Running back
    1. Tony Lippett should be a WR
    2. LeVeon Bell needs to be created – RB, 6-2, 230 lbs, #24, Reynoldsburg, OH, true fresh, black – power back
    1. Fred Smith was tried at FB during the spring. He was a WR last year – 6-2, 225 lbs, #37, Detroit, MI, black
    Wide receiver
    1. Thomas Rice should be #9
    2. Bennie Fowler is supposed to be a surprise player at WR. I know you don’t do rating edits, but 80 speed is pretty slow for any WR.
    Offensive line
    1. DJ Young should be a LT
    2. David Barrent needs to be created – LT, 6-8 lbs, #79, Clive, IA, RS Fr., white
    3. Jared McGaha should be a RT
    4. Henry Conway needs to be created – RT, 6-6, 306 lbs, #73, Shaker Heights, OH, RS Fr. Black
    5. Micajah Reynolds was moved to DT
    Right defensive end
    1. Denzel Drone needs to be created – RE, 6-2, 252 lbs, #52, Plant City, FL, RS Fr. Black
    2. Johnathan Strayhorn needs to be created – RE, 6-0, 259 lbs, #57, Detroit, MI, RS Jr. Black
    Defensive tackle
    1. I wonder if Dan France should really be the higher rated Jerel Worthy? Worthy was a freshmen All-American last year. Strange to see a RS Fr. Rated higher, France, higher than Worthy.
    Middle Linebacker
    1. Greg Jones wore a visor last year
    2. Max Bullough should be #40 and should be white
    Right outside linebacker
    1. Steve Gardiner should be a MLB
    2. Tyquan Hammock should be a ROLB
    1. Johnny Adams didn’t play last year, he should be a RS Soph.
    2. Dana Dixon needs to be created – CB, 6-2, 173 lbs, #12, Detroit, MI, RS Fr. Black
    3. Mylan Hicks needs change #s, though the MSUSpartans.com site says Hicks and Gholston are both wearing #2 right now.
  8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Aug 13, 2009
    Le'Veon Bell really needs to be put in the game, he is getting over 100 yds per game (or very close). He has won Big 10 Freshman of the Week twice (vs WMU and vs Notre Dame) and it is only on Week 5. There is also a huge buzz around him that he may win Big 10 Freshman of the Year.

He is a huge powerback that I really enjoy watching. As a true freshman it's fun to watch. His is 6'2", 230lbs, and wears #24. And from what I read above just now he is from Reynoldsburg, OH. Definitely a solid add to the rosters and a the future back of the Spartan offense if not one of them now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.