Michigan Sucks

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Aug 30, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

2. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Also, not to divert attention from scUM, but the hits keep coming for USC. Ronald Johnson is out 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone and their top CB Wright is out (I'm not sure how long) with academic issues.

Add in a true freshman QB, a starting DE who's out, and O'Dowd (center) possibly being out, and I don't care how deep their talent goes, they're going to have a tough time beating OSU week 2. I think it could be a beatdown. And I don't think OSU is even all that great (definitely solid, but I think PSU will be the best team in the Big 10). I'd love to put a big bet on OSU in week 2, but I wouldn't be surprised to see USC struggle with San Jose St, pushing the line up.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sounds like U-M has been up to some funny stuff...This story is on RRod, but we all know a large percentage of college football programs are doing similar things. Sad, but true.

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

You're right, I think I remember hearing about something similar happening at West Virginia a few years back....

Even if pushing these limits is normal, when was the last time you heard about 6 players secretly going to the press to make it public? Either it's much worse than usual, or the players don't like/respect the coaching staff.

I just especially love it when things like this, or like Harbaugh's comments a couple years ago, come out. They're certainly a blow to UM, which highly values its long tradition of the appearance of propriety.

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Ray Ratto heard you JHeb.

And I agree, Michigan's is very similar to a large percentage of college football programs.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

8. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Typical nd fans hating on michigan

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Oh, it just isn't ND fans.:)

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ok anyone who dont like michigan lol their not the only school to pull it if in fact they even did and richrod and the only coach lol but hey kerp hatin while u think about them overall series numvers vs ur favorite teams lol.... Hey shaun dont we got a game in mud majors

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm not in mid majors.

12. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ah ok name looked familiar

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Good point. Now stop cluttering my thread. Although I do appreciate the opportunity to bump, since somehow we've gone 4 hours since bad news came out of Ann Arbor.

It won't stop, because it can't stop. At least until 9/12, then it might rest. No promises.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Part of the greatness of the OSU-Michigan series is that, historically, both teams are good, and both teams are seriously concerned with tradition and the reputations of their programs. Many of the others have been marred a ridiculous number of times by cheating. I don't want that stuff anywhere near this game, no matter which side it's on.

So, I am forced to want Michigan to be good, and to be clean, for the sake of the best rivalry in football. While RichRod might be great for the Buckeyes in a win-loss sense, he's bad for us in every other sense.

Tress could be the Woody Hayes of this era for OSU, but RichRod will never be Bo, so the series gets weaker, even if my guys get the wins I so want them to have.

(Les Miles presents the same problem. That dude's nuts.)

As much as I hate to say it, I'd like to see a quality coach and a quality person in that job, you know, a guy I can hate in a sportsmanlike way, instead of hating for real.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ohio State - 73
    Michigan - 9

Notre Dame - 35
    Michigan - 14

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Love the bickering about tOSU and UM...Makes me wish we had a Texas user in the E so I could pick on her and she could pick on me.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP)â€â€ÂMichigan coach Rich Rodriguez was business partners with a banned Clemson booster in a failed real-estate venture that led to a $3.9 million lawsuit.

Clegg Lamar Greene was part of the deal tied to a federal lawsuit accusing Rodriguez of defaulting on a multimillion-dollar loan tied to a Virginia condo development.

The news site AnnArbor.com first reported the connection late Tuesday.

Greene, 71, was arrested Dec. 29 on five felony counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent. He is accused of stealing money from investors, including Rodriguez, to pay debts on various business deals, buy furniture and have cosmetic surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Greene, who lives in Clemson, S.C., faces up to 10 years in prison on each count.

He also was accused in 2000 of providing a $1,300 loan and use of his boat to two Clemson recruits. A university investigation found two minor infractions, and officials disassociated Greene from the football program. Greene was reinstated to the program and later banned again, Clemson associate athletic director Tim Bourret said.

Rodriguez, who was the offensive coordinator and associate head coach at Clemson from 1999-2000, wouldn’t discuss his relationship with Greene when asked about it Tuesday on the weekly Big Ten coaches teleconference.

“As mentioned, we haveâ€â€Âmy financial adviser and his representativeâ€â€Âhave taken care of that, and I would prefer just to talk about the football and Western (Michigan) and our upcoming game,†he said.

Rodriguez’s agent did not immediately return a message Wednesday.

The lawsuit against Rodriguezâ€â€Âfiled Aug. 13 in U.S. District Court in Spartanburg, S.C., and served on Rodriguez at his Ann Arbor office last week says the coach owes a bank $3.9 million for defaulting on a loan to build condos near Virginia Tech’s Lane Stadium in Blacksburg, Va.

Rodriguez said the case won’t hinder his Michigan’s preparations for the season, which begins Saturday.

“This is something that’s ongoing,†Rodriguez said during the Big Ten call. “It’s not anything that will take our attention away from getting ready for the season.â€ÂÂ

Under the corporate name of The Legends of Blacksburg, LLC, Rodriguez and four partners borrowed more than $26 million for the project in September 2007, when Rodriguez was coaching at West Virginia. But as the luxury condo project struggled amid the economic downturn, that amount was amended down to about $3.63 millionâ€â€Âthe cost of only the land itself, according to loan documents filed with the court.

Mike Wilcox, a Toledo, Ohio-based adviser to Rodriguez, issued a statement Tuesday saying the coach had been the victim of fraud dating back to 2004.

“Coach Rodriguez is the victim of a fraudulent real estate Ponzi scheme that has unfortunately affected many Americans,†Wilcox said. “Several other coaches and prominent individuals are involved in this transaction.â€ÂÂ

Wes Few, an attorney representing the bank, said his client was the one out $3.63 million.

18. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Ish i could be michigan in a user dynasty and demolish notre dame and osu hmmm big 10 dynasty with a notre dame add in anyone lol

19. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Is there a smily face icon for biting your tongue?

20. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ha, I knew something like this was coming...

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

22. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Nice, Basis. Sorry I've been slacking on this thread.

I didn't know Forcier was privately tutored by Marv Marinovich. The picture is all becoming a bit clearer for me. Those nutjob families were made for each other.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4452596

I'll admit, Forcier and Michigan played a lot better offensively than I thought they would. Michigan still sucks.

I made the decision last night to go to Ann Arbor this weekend. Can't wait to hear 537 Weis fat jokes.

Buckeye Notes: Ohio State found out this weekend what ND has known for a long time - Navy is a pain in the ass.

Terrell Pryor did teach us all a lesson this weekend, though. I didn't realize everyone murders and steals. I have no personal problem with him showing support for Vick if he wants to, but if you're gonna do it, at least be ready to answer the questions you know are coming. He sounded like a complete idiot. AG, that had to make you cringe. I cringed myself when I heard Clausen's post-game interview. I like him and I think he's coming along nicely, but he still doesn't come across as a very intelligent kid. Either that, or just really bad with interviews.

23. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

My nerves and the tendency for me to get burned when I get too confident about a win have kept me from taunting the Skunkbears all week. Bout to make the trip to Ann Arbor, and while I'm convinced ND has the better team, strange things happen and a win is not guaranteed.

I'm encouraged that it should be warm and sunny, which I think will hurt Michigan with their paper-thin depth, and be an advantage for ND for the first time in several years. As usual however, I'm sure there will be a stiff breeze in the Big House....from Michigan sucking.

Good luck to the Buckeyes this weekend. I think they'll win despite being a 7 pt home dog. Barkley HAS to make mistakes.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yep, I pretty much hated the whole thing.

Now, given the fact that Vick was thrown under the bus in a way no other pro athlete has ever been, I can understand supporting him simply because he's little more than an example we use to make ourselves feel righteous. There are a number of NFL guys who have done far worse and have not been scrutinized at all. Some have killed people. Some have been on trial for murder. Many have dealt drugs. I despise Vick, but he's getting much more than he deserves just because he's a name. However, if you're going to wear his name on your body on national TV, you have to be able to articulate that argument to the press. Senator Tressel will get the kid up to speed on handling the press, but until TP's coached up on the off the field stuff, he should just play some quarterback and keep social issues off the field.

TP's still just a kid. He'll grow up.

25. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm sure my absence in this thread has been noticeable as I decided to let my boys speak for me instead.

So................

uh................

yeah.