Michigan vs. THE Ohio State University

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Sep 2, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Michigan vs. THE Ohio State University

AG--

When can you play? It sounds like others want us to advance through week 11 1 day early and then advance through week 12 1 day early. This should put our game's time frame from Thursday through Saturday evening. I would like to go out Saturday but could probably do early morning (Mountain time) or late evening. I have all day Friday off as well. These would work for me (assuming that we're advancing early):
    Thursday: after 6PM MDT
    Friday: All day most likely
    Saturday: Before 9AM MDT

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Let's do Friday. I think I have the entire day free. Now, my wife wants us to go out of town, but I think we will leave Saturday. I can't fully commit just yet, but I think a Friday day game just might work.

I'll know tonight for sure.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

What is the whole aOSU thing instead of tOSU?

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

My understanding is that it mockingly denotes "An" Ohio State University, as opposed to "The".

5. jello1717

That would be correct. Any institution that's pretentious enough to refer to themselves as "The" (just like any pretentious athlete that always refers to himself in the third person) is pretty damned ridiculous in my book.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Sayeth a fan of tSUN.

7. jello1717

I'm guessing this was aimed at me. What is tSUN?

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The School Up North.

And I've heard Michigan guys call OSU a number of things, but pretentious? Compared to Yuppie University? Oh, the irony.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I dig having admin rights.

And we're on for Friday. I'm pretty open.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just thought I'd drop a message and ask how you feel about the settings and keys.

Personally, I'd like to play straight up, balanced all around. I hate the aggressive setting, and I hate guessing the whole pass/run thing. It really makes the game silly, if you ask me. I don't mind keying on a receiver, because that doesn't cause any weird jumping around, but the others just suck.

Raz and I have an agreement not to use this stuff. I'd prefer the same thing with us, but I'm not going to tell a guy how to play.

What do you want to do?

11. jello1717

I never use run commits and rarely use pass commits so I'm fine with no defensive keys. I rarely use aggressive settings, so I'm fine not using those either.

We should set a time for the game since I don't think either one of us can see when the other is online. I didn't finish with the work I needed to do before the 4 day weekend so I'll be working from home some tomorrow, but I'm still free any time.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How about mid-afternoon, say 2, 3, or 4. I have a bit of lawn mowing to do, but I'm free after that.

13. jello1717

Okay. What are those? Central?

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm on Eastern time here.

How about 3pm EST, 2pm CST.

That work for you?

15. jello1717

No, but 3pm EST, 1pm MST would work.

16. jello1717

Oh yeah. And I'm sooooooo PUMPED!!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this game for 12 weeks now. Hopefully I won't get smoked like I did against ND.

17. jello1717

I just checked out your roster and holy CRAP your team is fast! You've got 24 90+ speed guys and Florida (with 25) is the only user team with more. I hope my guys can keep up!

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I imagine you'll do just fine. I've been pretty beatable since 2010 came out. Haven't found that groove yet.

Good Luck.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

One last thing, just for the hell of it.

I know that some tactics have become pretty standard in user games, and I have no issue with this. For example, press coverage and show blitz are pretty common, more common than in real life. I don't really have an issue with this, but I do adjust for it. Normally, I keep my audibles to one guy moving, and I keep guys in their natural positions. However, sometimes, when the line is stacked on every down, I may spread it out, back into the gun, whatever. What I'm saying is, movement begets movement. Just letting you know that if you stack the line, I may move the line. However, when the D plays base, I don't really do this. That sound fair to you?

Just didn't want any in-game misunderstandings.

And I think the quarters D might get banned soon. I don't use it, but apparently it's the newest online thing. I'll only really take issue if you line up against standard formations in this defense. Passing downs, late in the half/game, and I have no issue.

But I think we're similar kinds of players, so I think it will be fine. Just better to address things you see in all the forums before the game takes place.

Good Luck again,

AG