Michigan Wins the First Ever B1G Championship Game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by chopper393, Aug 21, 2011.

1. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Jun 15, 2011
    Michigan finally brings the B1G trophy back to Ann Arbor, and this time they played a conference championship game for it. The Wolvorines defeated MSU 31-7 at Lucus Oil Stadium.

Michigan's offense got off to a sputtering start as Denard Robinson threw an interception on his first throw of the game. MSU's Edwin Baker then capitalized on the turnover with a 14 yard TD run. Robinson wanted to make up for his mistake and so he scored on the next possesion when he scrambled in for a 21 yard TD.

Both teams had long drives in the second quarter and it was Michigan who ended up having the ball at the end of the second half. Roy Roundtree, Michigan's go to reciever, was fairly quiet for the duration of the game, having only one reception, but it was a big one. On a 3rd and 17 Robinson just threw one up and Roundtree grabs it-with 1 hand- and takes it into the endzone on a 30 yard TD.

The Michigan defense stood strong after giving up the first 7 points in the 1st quarter, as they shut MSU out for the rest of the game. JT Floyd was a big player in shutting down the Spartan offense as he had two picks, one in the endzone and one he returned for a 62 yard TD.

Michigan now looks forward to the National Championship game, assuming they aren't jumed by Stanford and Boise State.
  2. -4-

-4- Walk On

May 25, 2011
    fuckin turnovers:(, just ridiculous. You were prolly just playing with me for the first two quarters anyways though. good game.

Sorry bout no pics/highlights, my game was glitchin out on me saying i need to be signed in (which I was). Looks like you got most of what I was gonna upload anyways.