Michigans game summaries: The Wolverine's Lair

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

This is where you will find the Wolverines game summaries.

2. Twister18

Game 1:

Michigan: 20
    WMU: 17

The Wolverines come out very flat to start the game in which DRob throws a pick, which leads to WMU taking the lead 7-3. The Wolverines strike back with a nice 29 yard pass to TE Ken Koger and take the lead 17-7. The WMU offense explodes at the end of the game and ties the game at 17-17. With less than 1 minute left, the Wolverines kicked a 44 yard FG to win. Robinson finishes the game going 15/21 with 228 yards and 2 TDs along with that costly int. RB Stephen Hopkins was the bull carrying the ball 22 times for 97 yards.

DT Mike Martin led the defense with 6 tackles and 3 sacks.

3. Twister18

Game 2:

Michigan: 34
    Notre Dame: 24

Again the Wolverines come out flat and are throttled in the first half by Notre Dame and Dayne Crist and are losing 24-7 until a late TD brought them to within 24-14. The Wolverine D would stiffen up and allow the Wolverines to score 20 more unaccounted for points to gain the win against a tough rival team.

DRob had a big day, going 15/24 for 262 yards and 3 tds but again 2 ints put the Wolverines behind the 8 ball. So the running game took over. RB Stephen Hopkins gashed the Domer D for 131 yards until leaving the game with a concussion. Tommy Shaw then added 99 yards, mostly grinding the time out in the 4th quarter. I will upload a sweet play that I audibled out of a HB Plunge gain and turned it into an 80 yard TD pass.

TE Ken Koger had a huge day with 6 catches for 134 yards and 2 tds.

On Defense, S Carvin Johnson had 6 tackles and an INT to lead the D.