1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Michigans game summaries: The Wolverine's Lair

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Twister18, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

This is where you will find the Wolverines game summaries.

2. Twister18

Game 1:

Michigan: 20
    WMU: 17

The Wolverines come out very flat to start the game in which DRob throws a pick, which leads to WMU taking the lead 7-3. The Wolverines strike back with a nice 29 yard pass to TE Ken Koger and take the lead 17-7. The WMU offense explodes at the end of the game and ties the game at 17-17. With less than 1 minute left, the Wolverines kicked a 44 yard FG to win. Robinson finishes the game going 15/21 with 228 yards and 2 TDs along with that costly int. RB Stephen Hopkins was the bull carrying the ball 22 times for 97 yards.

DT Mike Martin led the defense with 6 tackles and 3 sacks.

3. Twister18

Game 2:

Michigan: 34
    Notre Dame: 24

Again the Wolverines come out flat and are throttled in the first half by Notre Dame and Dayne Crist and are losing 24-7 until a late TD brought them to within 24-14. The Wolverine D would stiffen up and allow the Wolverines to score 20 more unaccounted for points to gain the win against a tough rival team.

DRob had a big day, going 15/24 for 262 yards and 3 tds but again 2 ints put the Wolverines behind the 8 ball. So the running game took over. RB Stephen Hopkins gashed the Domer D for 131 yards until leaving the game with a concussion. Tommy Shaw then added 99 yards, mostly grinding the time out in the 4th quarter. I will upload a sweet play that I audibled out of a HB Plunge gain and turned it into an 80 yard TD pass.

TE Ken Koger had a huge day with 6 catches for 134 yards and 2 tds.

On Defense, S Carvin Johnson had 6 tackles and an INT to lead the D.