Microsoft banning Xbox Live Accounts

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Dru50, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Microsoft banning Xbox Live Accounts

Hello all, just read this article on IGN and thought I'd pass it on. Evidently Microsoft has been going through a process for about the past week banning Xbox Live accounts for people using a 'modded' Xbox (pirating games). Here is the link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1040853p1.html

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Microsoft had been talking about enforcing it for a while now.

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Maybe they should start selling more affordable games :HoosierHoo:

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

I 2nd that

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL.

the real problem is that these days consumers have been lured into thinking that they "need" or "deserve" every single item that comes out (that they would have interest in).

It didn't always work this way. There was a time you had to save and purchase the things you could afford, and not purchase the things that weren't prudent to purchase.

That is one of the positive points of this economic downturn is seeing people become more financially sensitive again. But on the other hand people that are used to buying everything they want are now pirating it in a lot of cases. I'm not pointing fingers, I've done it.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The games are the only way they make any money on the whole operation. When they introduce a new console, they operate at a loss for a couple-few years until game sales start to eclipse the costs of making and introducing a new console. Then, just as they start making money, they release a new console and the cycle continues. Console gaming is a very tough market to make any substantial money in.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

IMO games have never been cheaper. With all these buy2 get 1 free and sales that go one.

I mean like 3 weeks after NFS:Shift was out it was 39.99 at Bestbuy.

there is not much need to spend the full 59.99 anymore.

Best buy and amazon gives $10 coupons. I dont really buy games from Gamestop anymore..........unless they have a buy2get1 free on used.

8. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Games are about as expensive as they ever have been. if anything this generation is a bit cheaper because both Sony and Microsoft relaxed pricing requirements and allow older games to be sold more cheaply than new games.

Most original Nintendo games were sold for between $40 and $60. Adjust that to current dollars and a game like Mike Tyson's Punchout cost you $71.

My only real issue with the xbox right now is how expensive hard drives cost. It's something like $200 to get the biggest hard drive for the 360, when you can get a terabyte hard drive for cheaper these days. That's the one area they either need to lower their price point or let us hook up hard drive to the 360 via the USB (which I believe the PS3 lets you do).

9. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Ebay is your friend. I got a new, WORKING 120gb hard drive for $65, when they cost $149.99 +plus tax at the big retailers. You can find a lot of good deals on game software and hardware there. Amazon is another good site, too.

10. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

ya i dont sell my games to gamestop i sell them on ebay too and you can find some steals late at night also

but i have a special xbox and MW2 is awesome

11. BlyGilmore

good tip. i'll have to take a look because my 20GB just isn't cutting it - especially after getting hooked on copying games to the hard drive.

12. WisconsinSports414

WisconsinSports414 Walk On

Yeah, I had the same issue.

13. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

14. trutest

trutest Walk On

:( ..................

15. BlyGilmore

i don't mind microsoft doing this, but they should be up front about it, tell folks what situations are going to get banned and be ready to tell people why they might be banned.

I guess a lot of people who bought refurbished 360s are getting banned because of repairs made to get them working, and a few folks are claiming all they did was pay to have a fan or other component fixed after their 360 crapped out and they're not getting flagged as a modder.