Mid-Game I get this message...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 19, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

"I'm out after that thats not sim ball and you're way too late" after pulling off a fake field goal with 10 seconds left to go into the half to make it 21-14. The game was great and I enjoyed playing bosox. Not sure why he quit, said it wasn't sim ball. Up until then it was a great game not to mention it was TIED before this. And bosox, I really enjoyed playing you. AJH called me a "SIM" player all game.

Check this play out by a Coach...before you call me un-sim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4fRXh54DlQ

2. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

All i'm saying is that fake field goal is the most automatic play. My friends that cheese all game use stuff like that. I get where you could think it was a good coaching decision, but when given the chance to go into the half with a lead I think 99% of coaches do it. Look at the spectacle D'Antonio and the Spartans had this year when they played Notre Dame. People wouldn't have made a big deal about it if it was so commonplace.

I'm sorry for exiting like that, but I really do have to run and you showed up a good 20 minutes late. I absolutely enjoyed the game up to that point and was having a tough time stopping you. Ask anyone here that I am not a ryalaman type, I just thought it was a low play call. You either line up and go for it or kick the field goal. No fake field goal stuff that is automatic. To be honest I wasn't even looking at the screen because I saw you were in field goal formation. I'm not calling you un-sim either, I just didn't think that play was correct.

And your link does not back you up. If LSU is tied it is a different outcome, Miles probably tries to tie it.

Do what you guys need to do I guess since i'm the one at fault for having been annoyed by the play call and having time constraints.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'd be up for re-playing it. BTW, this play isn't automatic. I've tried it 3 times total. It's worked twice. Once it was stopped and the other time I still lost. You should have stayed in this one. Sims was out (back/7weeks)

4. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Ok when you wanna play then? I'll probably be able to get back a little after midninggt et. I don't know where you are located so.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, I played Joe and he's a SIM guy for sure. I don't have a problem with a fake FG, I really don't think it's a guarantee by any stretch. Hell, Joe tried a fake punt on me in the SEC Championship last year and was unsuccessful and really changed the outlook of the game. I don't think it's right that he quit after that and would have an issue with Joe having to play all over again. Don't get me wrong, I like BoSox and think he's a good dude. It sounds as if Joe was a bit late but why would you guys even start it??

6. AJ Hart MN

I guess if you both agree to replay it then fine, just remember an occasional fake is not cheese..

7. AJ Hart MN

No reason to call out Ryalaman either. I think he's really tried to change how he plays and I give him a ton of credit for that.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Soda told me I could supersim it. I won by 7. 42-35 on a side note, Sims is out for most of the year. DAMN IT.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Bosox should be banned. Period.

10. PAgamer07

I know Soda does not have access to the commish forum but I do. Ill be happy to post a request for him to get banned. You do not quit a game. Ever.

11. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Pa, you are saying you want to ban someone who has stood by this league from the start. Been through all the turnover and everything. Has not had any complaints or a bad track record in any league here at Tradition Sports. I had plans, I apologized for exiting the way I did but I can't do anything about that now. If banning me is the way you want to do it because this league comes before personal life then be my guest. I made arrangements for a time I could get it in and he didn't show up on time. I shouldve never started but it happened. I have been a great member of this league and if this is the quick trigger treatment I receive then I probably shouldn't be in this legue anyway. I have never done anything to deserve a ban. And I'm pretty sure PaGamer, you have had positive experiences playing me, so give me some benefit of the doubt.

Aj, I didn't even know ryalaman was still in this league to be honest.

Congrats on the win JOEDESIGNS and good luck going forward.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I wasn't really aware that fake field goals were allowed, so I would have been surprised to. It does seem like a sure thing if the defense calls a fg block, but I'm glad this came up so I can watch out for it.

13. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Yeah ryalaman has definitely done a fine job of adjusting his play. I will be the first person to say by looking at his games and stats this season that he has made a definite effort to play sim and I'm glad he stuck around after the stuff that happened last season.

That being said, if I had understood correctly exactly what happened, I would have told joe to choose between playing it out or supersimming. As it was I told him to restart or supersim and he supersimmed and got the win.

BoSox, and anyone else for that matter, if this happens again, you will be gone. If an issue comes up like this, pause and check the rules or at least consider if its a reasonable call to make. Personally, I try to never pick fg block by habit so I don't get caught. Fg safe man and fg safe zone stop the fg fake pretty easily the majority of the time. I'm not saying it should happen often, but this doesn't seem so unreasonable to warrant an immediate quit. In the future, at least make an effort to consult a neutral third party to help mediate the situation.

I can't let a quit go unpunished, so I am suspending David Wilson and Antone Exum for the rest of the season and you will sit out your game against Miami this year. I expect to see the changes on your depth chart and to see those two players with no stats the rest of the season.

Also keep in mind that you will be under a microscope for the time to come, so I suggest to make an effort to pick up activity and to really watch your style of play. I'm not saying there is anything wrong there, just that because this happened, you can't afford any complaints about that.

14. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

The issue wasn't the fake field goal, you know i've come to you in the past about questionable actions and never quit a game because of it. It was the time constraints. I thought I had a good reputation here but I guess I was mistaken that I need to have guys suspended and sit out a game because of a botched game.

15. AJ Hart MN

Banning BoSox is a bit harsh IMO.. I think he does deserve the benefit of the doubt here seeing he is a original member. 1 Fuck up in 4 years is understandable if it doesn't happen again.

16. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I tend to side with AJH. I think there was a lapse in judgement on the part of BoSox and the punishment does not seem to fit the crime in this case.

I vote for no punishment, just a warning and if it ever happens again, which it won't i am sure, the punishment should be a ban.

Just my two cents.

17. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Quitting is something that has to be taken seriously. I think if you look at the situation where it has happened in other leagues, I am actually being pretty lenient.

I am not banning him in any way and none of his punishment extends out further than this season. Think about it from my perspective. If I have several people who think he should be banned and several who think there should be light or no punishment, then there's no way everyone is going to agree on what should be done. Thus, I am trying to apply a stiff punishment while still giving him the opportunity to play most of the season. It is nothing personal, and I would do the same to anyone. I have no problems with BoSox at all and I hate that it is necessary to do something about the situation.

The time constraints aren't the issue for me and were it not for the quit coming after a message about sim play and everything, it would be a different situation.

18. PAgamer07

I think the suspension and the simmed game is fair.

Quitting is totally unacceptable in my opinion and combine it with the fact that you thought Joe was doing something unsim and it looks like frustration. Combine that with how long you've been on the site Bosox and I think you should certainly know better. You got off easy without a sitewide ban to be honest..

19. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Soda, I trust your judgement and know you are making the best decision for the league, just wanted to give my thoughts on the situation.

Moving on now.