Mid-Season Cap Book Checkup

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Mid-Season Cap Book Checkup

Hey, Wajy, Dave, and me: Need to go through Madden rosters and our cap book and make sure that all teams have the players they are supposed to and question why they don't have players on cap book or on roster if there are discrepancies.

Reason I say this is being bored and flipping through books, I noticed the Jags had T.J. Rushing on their cap book. However, he was in free agency when I put a bid on him as the Lions.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Cool, so are we going to split the teams up in any certain way? Also, I think I need access to be able to change stuff in the capbook

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I will take care of that as soon as you hit me with your email address, Dave. Also, let me know if you need any help with figuring out how to input values or whatever.

Also, get with Wajy and you guys let me know what help you need from me. I want you to do as much as possible to get used to the cap book editing before the offseason begins.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dave, you can now edit the cap book. Before you get rolling on editing anything though, get with me so I can get on Google Docs with you and show you the basics of editing. There is a chat area on the Google Docs site so we can talk while I teach and not have to change back and forth between windows.

It won't be tonight though. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon sometime depending on what else is going on. If you see me on AIM though hit me up and we'll get on Google Docs and get you educated.

Also, if Wajy is around and able, talk to him too. He's been doing a solid job with cap updates. If he gets stuck/can't explain something to you to your satisfaction though, hit me up. We all gotta work together! :)

6. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im sorry Winuvas Ive been slammed the last week, the wedding is next week and my mind has just been slammed. I will put in some much needed work today and tomorrow.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I am still able to help with the capbook also with let me know anyone...

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I played around with it breifly last night without saving any changes. I assume there's more to it than just overwriting the players names and salary numbers. I didn't even mess with anything else, like to see if cap numbers and average team overalls are updated automatically or not.

Anyway, I'm free this whole weekend after 5pm central today, so I'll be around.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Dude, no problem. Just let me know if you get slammed so I can step in and do more. Until you and Dunn/now Dave tell me otherwise, this cap book is your boat to pilot.

Dave and I can handle checking the capbooks this weekend, Wajy. He and I will go over what I am looking for and how to edit books, and then he and I can split a conference and go to town on it.

You go do the wedding thing, man. :)

10. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Holy crap, it does update it automatically. I just did mine, so if someone can check it to see if I did everything right, it seems pretty simple

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

It's not THAT complicated, Dave. If it was, I wouldn't be able to do it, much less teach it. ;)