Mid Season Heisman top 5

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Diddy81, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Mid Season Heisman top 5

5. Jacory Harris
    4. Chase Keenum
    3. Colt McCoy
    2. Tim Tebow
    1. Mark Ingram

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

anybody got a short list?

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

2. Ingram
    1. Tebow

That's it, that's all. It's really close between these two right now and everyone else is, well there isn't anybody else.

I give Tebow the edge because his toughness coming back vs LSU, and his ability to take over a game single handedly and win. Also, I'm slightly bias. If Tebow wasn't getting sacked so often by our crappy pass blocking he'd have many more rushing yards. And if our WR's caught a couple more passes, he'd have a few more TDs and passing yds. i.e. Thompson in weeks 1 & 2 and Cooper last week vs Arkansas.

Ingram is impressive, but he probably won't do enough to out duel Tebow when Tebow pitches it and runs it whereas Ingram doesn't get it every play. Also, being a sophomore, it's unlikely Ingram can do enough to get it this year, but maybe I'm wrong.

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I agree Go Gators but as of right now, that's what my list looks like.

6. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Byron Hout?

7. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Christian Ponder now before you go getting upset...check it out.

Comp 147 Att 217 Yards 1781 Cmp% 67.7 TD's 9 Int's 1 Rating 149.95 (Ponder)

Comp 72 Att 110 Yards 1032 Cmp% 65.5 TD's 8 Int's 2 Rating 163.63 (Tebow)

Comp 156 Att 223 Yards 1537 Cmp% 70.0 TD's 11 Ints's 7 Rating 137.85 (McCoy)

So, he may not be mentioned but he will be next year.

8. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Jake Locker anyone?

9. GoGators

Dude, you gotta actually be in contention to contend for the heisman. Ask Jimmy Clausen and the guy from Houston.

So in other words Seminole Nation, you gotta start winning first.

Same with Jake Locker. Great talent, but at the QB position the wins and losses count as a stat too.

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Good Point...want to give me an idea on how much you guys paid the refs for the Ark game?

Gator Nation ungracious in victory, arrogant in defeat.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

About half of what you paid them that year of the Swindle in the Swamp

12. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Gator fans on the attack.... I'm staying out of it.

13. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

You guys are hilarious. I see Florida fan saying Tebow should win another Heisman, Amp saying Ponder, etc., this is funny.
    Going strictly on this years worthiness, here is where Tebow ranks.
    #84 - Pass yards
    #72 - Passing TD's
    #57 - Rush TD's
    He is not even close to having Heisman numbers and please don't try to give us the "he is so tough for playing vs. LSU". He had 2 weeks between concussion and that game, was cleared by doctors and didn't have a very good game vs. LSU to boot. Everyone admires his toughness and leadership but he is the best FB playing QB in college football and on an absolutely stacked team so not that impressive.

McCoy doesn't have Heisman numbers either this year but at least they are much better than Tebow's.
    #32 - Pass yards
    #31 - Pass TD's

14. GoGators

Come on, penalties on 2nd down don't win or lose games. Way to change subjects too by the way.

A typical Free Shoes University fan, can't win an argument so changes the subject.

I completely agree with Juaggernaut. Tebow does not have gaudy heisman numbers this year. However, nobody else does either that's in contention. It's just too early to tell yet. If we don't get things clicking and Ingram keeps running like he is, he could very well win. Or Colt could win. However, the respect granted and earned by the SEC over the past couple years is something that other conference contenders don't have. I'm not saying Colt couldn't play in the SEC, just it's unlikely his numbers would be as good as they are.

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Guys, let's tone it down a bit with the school bashing. I'm all for good camaraderie and rivalries, but the arguments are redundant and old.

There is far more that people take into account when voting for the Heisman, such as leadership, for example. I would like to know the last time a QB led the nation in passing yards and pass TDs won the Heisman. In the age of the spread, it's even harder. McCoy is set to throw for 3000 yards, that's a hell of a year.

I think you have to also give attention to Case Keenum from Houston for what he did in the big games earlier in the year. Also the freshmen RB from Pitt is having a spectacular year. They aren't going to win it, but the attention they are getting is definitely deserved.

16. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

17. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Glad the lions got stafford, none of these QBs are lookin like great NFL prospects