Mid Season Pressers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dmanno2, Aug 7, 2012.

1. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Anyone interested in some mid-season pressers? I could set up some personalized questions (tailor them to your team and recruiting efforts thus far) that you can answer here on the boards. Let me know soon so that I can get started, or at least have an idea of how many of you would be interested. Also, if anyone has any input or questions they would like to see asked let me know as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'll take one, plz.

It's your ideas, your content, do it how you find it interesting and engaging. Tag each person you pose them to so they will see it.

3. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'd do my best to answer some questions for you. I think it's an interesting, cool idea.

4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Fire away boss.

5. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

NeuroticTruth cmassey13 onaradio34 Ok guys I'll get started on this, and hopefully finish up by this weekend (or close). That way you'll have about half the season under your belt... Ideally I'd like to get some more out before Conf Ships and Bowl games, but we'll see how this goes. Next season I'd like to maybe have a generic set of questions for coaches following their games and thoughts on the next week. I could use help on that next season especially if we do it for everyone. If this isn't interesting to most of us we can just get rid of it...

• Like Like x 2
  6. onaradio34

I'll assist anyway I can. Just let me know how you want to play it.

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Ditto.

8. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

I want in.

9. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

ok, im in as well

10. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Sounds good guys! I'm gonna try to push these out after this weeks games. Some of you will have them before others...That way everyone has a chance to read others if they'd like, before having to answer their questions.

11. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coach onaradio34 your team started the season on a great note. You only lost to USC by 7 and defeated #1 ranked Oklahoma after being down at the half. Did you expect this sort of success this early in the season?​
    What do you attribute the success to?​
    What do you consider your biggest game of the season?​
    Penn State has recently crossed over into your recruiting efforts, can you still get the commitments you expected?​
    Your team runs a unique style of offense. This is great utilization of your current personnel, but you plan to implement changes in future seasons or stick with this gameplan?​
    You have a very talented duo at RB in SR Montell Harris and SR Matt Brown, do you expect this kind of production from your younger players in the future?​
    Did you anticipate this dual threat at RB, or were there surprises in spring practices?​
    Switching gears here coach, which teams in your conference do you see bowling at the end of the year?​
    Any predictions as to where you and the Owls will finish off the season?​
    Who is the best team in the country, right now?​
    Tell us what to expect of the Owls for the rest of the year.​
    Any other comment coach?​

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coach cmassey13 your team team is red hot coming out of the gate. Where has this come from?​
    With all the success comes some pressure and expectation. How are you preparing your team for this?​
    You seemed disappointed with your team after the win against Illinois. How'd you address that situation?​
    It seemed like the right move because after that win, you came out to beat #18 Mizzou (in hostile territory at The Zou); then went on to beat a tough pac12 opponent in Utah. Did you expect this after that Illinois game?​
    This past week Cal gave you a scare, was your team prepared for that explosive offense?​
    Your team has been battling through injuries on both sides of the ball. How will you fare without Carl Bradford and Anthony Jones on D?​
    Soph. QB Mike Bercovici has shown flashes of greatness, but flashes of his immaturity as well. What do you expect of him the rest of the way?​
    Who will crack the heisman race first, Cameron Marshall or Rashad Ross?​
    Coach are your guys prepared for USC?​
    How do you feel about your current class of incoming freshman?​
    Any predictions as to where you and the Sun Devils will finish off the season? Playing in the Pac 12 Championship?​
    Any other comments?​

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  13. onaradio34

We expected to surprise teams early in games with our speed, yes, and we have done that. With the exception of Oklahoma, we have held the lead at some point in the 1st half of every game. We just have to keep up the intesity and did a little deeper to some losses into wins.
    Though we run a spread offense, ours focuses more on the run and we attack every inch of the line of scrimmage with it. You don't see many 3 yard and a cloud of dust teams that take 95% of their snaps from the shotgun. That uniqueness gives us an edge.
    The next one. I know you guys hate coach speak but I am a coach and I can't allow these guys to look ahead.
    No, but that's OK. Until we knock off big brother on the field, they will be the dream destination of Pennsylvania high school athletes. Moving to a conference with an automatic BCS bid has leveled the field to a degree, however.
    We will make subtle changes to accomodate our personel. We are actively seeking guys for our offense though so don't expect any major changes.
    No, we would prefer to get the QB more involved in the future. I doubt you will see us be as reliant on a RB duo as we are this year.
    We knew they would rack up some yards but we have been pleasantly surprised at their ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and Brown as flipped the field a few times for us in the return game.
    That's so hard to say right now, I mean, we did just play ur 1st conference game this week. Still alot of football to be played.
    The loss to USF puts us in a hole for conference play. We still have an undefeated Rutgers, Cincy could be ranked by the time we play and Syracuse looks to be greatly improved. A bowl game is still the goal.
    I tell ya, Washington looks really good right now. I think that is a program that has alot of momentum and why not, look at who they have beaten. Their resume is as good as anyones.
    Our main focus is to keep up the intensity for 4 qtrs. If we do that, we could still have the best season in Temple history.
    South Florida sucks balls.

• Like Like x 3
  14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Lovin this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Haha nice... I didn't want to bring up USF. I'm supposed to be an unbiased journalist here! Haha

• Like Like x 1
  16. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Coach cmassey13 your team team is red hot coming out of the gate. Where has this come from?​
    For the most part, we've managed to take care of the football and limit our turnovers. The defense has done a great job of getting pressure on the QB, which has resulted of course in sacks but also in interceptions. We you can put those elements together, you should always at least have a chance to win the game. We've been able to make the plays we've needed to in each phase of the game to pull out W's.
    With all the success comes some pressure and expectation. How are you preparing your team for this?​
    You know, these guys have been hearing from many of the local media-types that they should have been in the top 25 sooner, or should be ranked higher and so on. And it's been easy as a staff to show these guys that when they lose focus, it's easy to give up the big play, make a bad read, or turn the ball over and show on film how these mistakes could have cost us the game. So we've been able to convince these kids to just focus on the game in front of us and to execute each and every play, and the rest of the stuff will take care of itself.
    You seemed disappointed with your team after the win against Illinois. How'd you address that situation?​
    I just didn't think we played to our potential in that game. We take a lot of pride in taking care of the football and the 3 interceptions that game just wasn't acceptable. The defense bailed us out in that game by not allowing Illinois to capitalize on our mistakes. I was proud that we were able to overcome adversity and pull out the win, but I wanted them to know I expected better focus and execution. We made sure that our guys understood how easily that one could have gotten away from us, and it was good to see our senior leaders take the lead in making sure everyone sharpened up going forward.
    It seemed like the right move because after that win, you came out to beat #18 Mizzou (in hostile territory at The Zou); then went on to beat a tough pac12 opponent in Utah. Did you expect this after that Illinois game?​
    I expected better execution and that's what we got, and of course I believe that if we execute properly we can win any game. I realize that people outside of our building probably didn't expect these types of wins this early from our squad, but our staff believes in these kids and think our best football is still ahead of us.
    This past week Cal gave you a scare, was your team prepared for that explosive offense?​
    We knew that game was going to be a tough one. Any road game against a conference rival is going to be a tough test. I felt like our D played really well for most of that game, but there were plays where we couldn't seem to finish the tackle. They've got good talent and good leadership on that squad. That being said, I felt like if we hadn't thrown that interception for a touchdown return in the 4th quarter, we probably get at least a field goal. That play seemed to make the game closer than we should have let it get.
    Your team has been battling through injuries on both sides of the ball. How will you fare without Carl Bradford and Anthony Jones on D?​
    We've always said that the next guy just has to step in and step up. So far, we've seen just that happen. It definitely hurts our depth and we miss Carl and Anthony, but it's been great to see the other guys take up the slack and play solidly.
    Soph. QB Mike Bercovici has shown flashes of greatness, but flashes of his immaturity as well. What do you expect of him the rest of the way?​
    I expect he will continue to improve. He's still learning the system, but what a lot of people don't see is how many times he's gotten us into the right play by calling for the audible at the line of scrimmage. He's still a young guy though, so we know there will likely be some bumps in the road. The great thing about Mike though, is that he's always been able to bounce back after a bad play and make a big play the next time out. He has the right mentality to be a really good player.
    Who will crack the heisman race first, Cameron Marshall or Rashad Ross?​
    I don't think either of those guys really has that on their radar right now. They're both in their senior season and are really only focused on doing everything they can to win as much as possible. They've both been great leaders and deserve any praise that comes their way.
    Coach are your guys prepared for USC?​
    Honestly, USC is a great team, but right now I'm only worried about being prepared for our game at Colorado. I mean we have plenty of tough games coming up. So to try and look ahead to USC, means we aren't going to be ready to play CU or Oregon, whose another great team. We all know that USC game is out there, and we'll do all we can to give our team the best chance to win each of our upcoming games.
    How do you feel about your current class of incoming freshman?​
    I think we are adding some great young football players, but our staff knows we've still got plenty of work to do on the recruiting trail. I'm happy with the response we've had thus far from recruits, especially since we got a bit of a late start this season on our scouting. I feel confident that we're filling our needs with quality kids and will end up with a great recruiting class to build a foundation to grow this program.
    Any predictions as to where you and the Sun Devils will finish off the season? Playing in the Pac 12 Championship?​
    I think playing for a championship is every team's goal, and thus far we're doing what we need to for that to happen. That being said, there's way too much football left to play to start thinking about postseason games. It would be a tall task to get there, but we're going to make sure we prepare each and every week to give our team the best chance to earn that spot.
    Any other comments?​
    Thanks for your work on these interviews. We're looking forward to growing this ASU football program, and GO DEVILS!
    Oh, and of course, South Florida sucks balls. (gotta keep the theme going)

• Like Like x 2
  17. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

haha nice responses guys! Love the USF inspirati..... I mean trash talk. haha great stuff!! I'm slacking on the rest of yours right now, but should start picking up again on them tomorrow.

18. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I just have to say...this is awesome!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. onaradio34

Yeah, things like this keep guys checking the forums and communicating. As long as you have that, a dynasty can have long run.

For season 2, we will look to add more content and things to keep the posts coming. I kinda wanted to run through a quick season and get guys acclimated to the culture of the site. You guys have done a great job and I think we can really ratchet it up for the coming seasons.

20. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

I want in fellas I am loving this!!

21. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

I've been slacking on these guys, I'm sorry. I want to try to catch up this weekend. School started up this week, so I have somewhat of an excuse. I'll get working on them though. If anyone has any questions they'd like to ask feel free to send me a pm with the questions, or create your own presser for someone. Glad people are taking a liking!!