Mid season reactions...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bogey21, Jan 14, 2010.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Mid season reactions...

Although we are only in week 7, most teams have played half there regular season games, been an interesting year so far, just a few thoughts....

- 2 big time stud QB's have gone down (UCLA and A&M) I believe these guys were 1 and 2 on the heisman list to start the year, both teams have felt the effects but done a nice job weathering the storm and put themselves in a position to make a title run when they get healthy.

- Georgia is running the ball? and damn effective; UCLA is chucking it all over the field the past few games, its cool to see teams get away from there comfort zone to get W's.

- Jevon Keller. No more needs to be said, he is having a record setting year for a QB, let alone a RS FR. The Heisman looks like a 2 man race with JT Green.

Biggest 1st half surprise: Virginia Tech - this team has really bounced back well after a few tough seasons, looking to make another title run.

*I have still not found a real comfort zone with this Ducks squad, and I feel I'm not using some of my weapons properly. For me personally, the D has been the biggest surprise. Led by Atari Lee, who has turned into an absolute terror coming off the edge. 10 Sacks in the last 3 games against quality competition for a team that usually does not have a guy with double digit sacks for the year, he is looking unstoppable at this point.

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Atari Lee is a badass name for a edge DE!

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have been working on my offense the last two games and I still am not happy with it. Kramer has a gun, but Im just not comfortable flinging the ball all over the place, just not UCLA football. Losing Phillips was devastating. He was a legit threat to pass and run, and at 6'2" 230 lbs, could actually withstand the pounding (I thought).

Defensively, my team is just young and it shows. Defense played ok against UGA but then i couldn't stop Va Tech. Overall it has been frustrating. Still have a shot in the Big XII with big games against USC and Oregon left on the schedule, still have a shot to play for the title.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Mid-Season Report:

Bondzai still sucks!!

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Virginia Mid Season

Offense: Coaching = Terrible.. here is why... WE selected a playbook to protect Keller some because we thought he might be a bit green and not react well, WRONG... he is ballin, should have ran more of a passing attack because, wait for it.. wait for it...
    DUCKETT SUCKS BALLS.... ahh that felt pretty good.... we are just gonna bench him along with any upperclassmen offensive lineman.... no reason at this point in gettin our hopes up for a title run.... we are essentially out of it.... start looking towards next season, getting our young guys as much time as possible....

Defense: LOL, where to start..... we are rated one of the worst defenses in the nation for a reason.... we dont tackle or cover well... we dont rush the QB at all and i have one of the lower rated awareness teams of all time.... with that said, loyalty to upperclassmen is dead, i am starting freshman and sophomores on this side of the ball also, might as well let them take their lumps and learn from them... to watch 3 or 4 year starters not reaction to the ball that is within two yards of them is terribly frustrating....

6. JrRawlins

Mid Season Predictions.....

I think Georgia vs. Oregon for the BCS Title......

if UCLA had their senior QB, i would vote from them but i think Oregon gets there... and Georgia's defense is downright silly this season.... i think they can beat Virginia Tech... it looks like they might play twice this year...

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Florida State

Offense: Matt Moore sucks (or I do with him)...51 TD 51 INT career. It is running back by committee...Ewing was a monster last year...this year I am struggling to get 4 ypc.

Defense: Not alot of complains...besides the Oregon game where they were on a short field all day, they have played well.

So, on offense my whole OL is gone, my QB is gone, my TE is gone after this year. On defense, my monster defensive backfield is gone, but I retain 5 out of my front seven (assuming everyone returns).

Couple that with the fact that I far below the talent level in The Deuce (or anywhere, haha), FSU is going to struggle. I am currently 6-3 and I have some games against the CPU that worry me (Alabama, Miami). No one is going to beat Georgia, so I am not going to sneak into the SEC championship game like I did last year.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Florida State

Offense: Matt Moore sucks (or I do with him)...51 TD 51 INT career. It is running back by committee...Ewing was a monster last year...this year I am struggling to get 4 ypc.

Defense: Not alot of complains...besides the Oregon game where they were on a short field all day, they have played well.

So, on offense my whole OL is gone, my QB is gone, my TE is gone after this year. On defense, my monster defensive backfield is gone, but I retain 5 out of my front seven (assuming everyone returns).

Couple that with the fact that I far below the talent level in The Deuce (or anywhere, haha), FSU is going to struggle. I am currently 6-3 and I have some games against the CPU that worry me (Alabama, Miami). No one is going to beat Georgia, so I am not going to sneak into the SEC championship game like I did last year.

9. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

USC Trojans

Offense:

QB West has been very disappointing and I believe he has more Ints than TDs, which is never a good stat. I made the change in the Arizona game from West to Martin and not much has changed, except Marting is a little more moblie. The sad thing is all the QBs were my recruits and have sucked balls, meaning I have done a shitty job finding a QB. RB Burns is the only running game I have and that is not saying much. My WRs are like chicks with their alligator arms and they hate making plays. O-Line is what is carrying the team as of right now.

Defense:

The D is doing a great job and is the reason for our record as of now. D-Line is solid, Linebacker are studs, and the secondary is doing their share of plays. Would love to have a little more speed in the secondary but they will do.

Coaching:

With the Wife stepping down from play calling do to a medical leave, Coach Flo has really struggled calling plays with an average offense (no playmakers).
    Coach Flo could be on the hot seat after this season.

Looking ahead:

I believe we are 8-1 or 7-1 right now, but that will change really fast with the up coming schedule (Drifter, Mutt, and Lawdog). If you ask me we have no shot at winning any of these games and another meaningless bowl game for the Boys of Troy.

10. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Midseason report....

QB play sucks. Smiley is the new QB after Baker started missing open guys. Being w/o my top 2 HB's for the last 4 games has turned Nebraska into a pass happy team which I do not do well.

Defense is great, and keeps me in games. Justice will be a stud, and will move to MLB after Patrick goes pro this year. Britt and Harris at DE get pressure from the line so that the LB's can roam.

Looking forward to next year with our :5stars: HB, and Smiley going into his SO year.

11. JrRawlins

hope everything is ok with the wife man..... she cant even help you recruit a QB... thats all bad man...

12. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

offense: i'm happy with the way we are playing. No complaints at all. My passing is lights out, my o-line blocking is lights out, and my running game is solid. I wish my running back (Vince Downs) had breakaway potential, but he just doesn't. I just run him into the ground each week.

defense: I changed it up a little this season. I am now more aggressive and try to create turnovers. I have seen improvement as well. I still wish my d-line was better, but I think that is partly the games magnet blocking fault.

13. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Missouri Mid Season Report

QB: Darrick Reynolds has struggled this season, throwing 25 INTs & 17 TDs. I put this on me as I have not used him like I wanted to when he became a starter last year. I should have him running more option plays & scrambling. Now in his senior season, I have wasted a good talent.

HB: Reggie James has not giving me a 1,000 yd season yet since he became a starter in 2013. He has tied the times he has fumbled(6)with his combined total the 2 previous years. He is only averaging 3.4 yds per carry. Disappointed.

WR: 27 drops this season by my 4 starting WRs. The biggest disappointment is SR Andrew Rodgers. At 6'7" he is the tallest player on the field but drops the most passes at the worst times. Hopefully next year starter can improve the WR spot.

TE: Freshman TE Brian Meyers is developing nicely. With 37 catches so far, he looks to be a key piece to bring Missouri passing game back to glory.

OLINE: Sophmore RT Tony Kimbrough(the only 5 star recruit that has ever wanted to come to Missouri since I been coach here back in NCAA 09)is the heart of the OLINE. He is the best pass & run blocker on the line.

DLINE: 2 names. DT Danny Hall & LE Marcus Morgan. Danny holds the records for most sacks in Missouri school history with 33. Marcus leads the team with 10 sacks. Danny is a senior & if Marcus keeps playing the way he is playing, then I expect him not to come back for his senior year.

LB: MLB Thomas Merriman leads the team with 87 tackles & is the leader on defense. We recruited MLB Danny Vogel to start this season & we see flashes of a good MLB when he is on the field in the 4-4 set, but Thomas is just to good & he is only a Sophmore. Danny might have to be moved next year just to get him on the field.

DB: The DBs have been disappointing so far. Only 5 INTs so far this season & alot of blown coverages. Hopefully we can pick it up the rest of the season & carry that into next year.

Outlook: Another bowl game for us, but never the elusive National game. We need to score alot of points fast in games, because we always seem to fall apart as the game goes on.

14. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

I would have busted about 5 controllers if my guys dropped that many passes....

15. JrRawlins

totally fuckin missed on my prediction.......