Mid Season Review

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by BobJr, Jul 25, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Alright fellas! We are just a little past the mid season so answer the following questions!

[​IMG]

Who is your Freshman of the year?
    Who is your Players of the year so far (Offensive and Defensive)?
    Who is the biggest surprise on your team and what has he done to become that?
    You still believe in your Preseason choices for Big 12, and SEC champion?
    How are you enjoying the release so far?
    What team has been a MFer for you so far?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

[​IMG]
    WR Derek Edwards
    Offense - QB Seth Doege
    Defense - MLB Cqulin Hubert
    Soph ROLB Pete Robertson has been consistent for my defense. Both his Fumble Recoveries have been HUGE
    I think if Mustang gets past Texas he will represent the Big 12, possibly in the Natty. SEC looks like it might boil down to the last few weeks.
    I believe a CPU team will win the BCS now.
    I am really enjoying the passing, even though it's taking some time to figure it out completely.
    West Virgina. I am really already sick of that effin team. Geno Smith destroyed my defense, and they still haven't recovered.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Freshmen of the year:

WR Mike Evans - Mike has had a good season so far with 329 yards (3rd on team) and 5 TDs (leads team) all highlighted by his game-winning touchdown catch in the final moments of the game against Ole Miss.

Offensive and Defensive MVP:

Offensive - HB Christine Michael - Christine has racked up 569 yards on the ground and 7 TDs.

Defensive - SS Steven Campbell - With 34 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 FR and 1 INT, Steven has been the pulse of our defense. This is especially true in tough games.

Biggest Surprise

Beating Arkansas. Never thought it would happen.

Enjoying the release?

Meh.

Biggest challenge?

LSU ran it right down my throat. That's always demoralizing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The only freshman who sees significant play time is my FB Wilson. He has been doing a pretty good job of opening holes for my HBs
    On offense it is probably Sr WR Peace. He has 38 rec for 956 yards and 9 TDs. The only drawback have been his 15 drops
    On D it is Sr OLB Steward with 27 solo tackles 9 sacks and 2 FFs
    My Sr backup HB Welford. Stepping in for injured Sims at times, he has 413 yards on 56 carries and 6 TDs while also getting 164 yards and 2 TDs receiving
    I think Texas and Bama take each conference. I have a chance if I can beat Texas but they look tough
    Ehh I have mixed feelings. There are some things I love and some things that frustrate me
    I'd have to say Kansas St. I barely squeaked a come from behind win in that game.

I am trying to put spaces in here, but for some reason it keeps squashing everything together...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I honestly dont have a Freshman making an impact this year...
    Offense - Dayne Crist he has been better than i hoped he would be. He is our leader on offense, he doesnt put up the crazy numbers other players do, but he does make big throws and come though when we need him.
    JaCorey Shepherd his ability to stretch the defense and make small plays in big ones was vital to our early success, with him now out for the year with a broken collarbone, we have really struggled to replace his big play abilities.

looks like both of my picks are gonna lose... i had LSU and Oklahoma...

Yes, i like it.... especially the crap shoot that recruiting has become.

Fuck Oklahoma...

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

I think I'm going to keep track of all the F bombs I drop during my games..Big Lebowski style..

That shit last night was dumb...annoying...ridiculous..fuck..ugh..

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

DE Channing Ward is tied for the team lead with 4 sacks, and has also added 12 tackles.
    Offense - WR James Logan has been very good for us this year. He has 29 catches for 564 yards and 9 TD.
    Defense - MLB Mike Marry has 36 tackles 21 TFL 4 sacks 3 FF and 1 Int. He's been the rock of our defense all year.
    Backup HB Devin Thomas came in and had some huge games while Jeff Scott was out for 5 weeks.
    Its looking like we might have a couple of user teams in the CC games already. I think I picked Bama and Texas, but they might not even make it.
    Its been fairly enjoyable. We're having more success overall than I would have liked, but there's been some good recruiting battles.
    Bama. I couldn't do a damn thing against them, which is how it should be. I think I'm still 3-4 years away from competing with them.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

DGB = Dorial Green Beckham

DGB.png

I've been spreading the wealth on offense, but James Franklin in improving. DGB has turned on the lights the last few weeks. On defense, it's a bunch of scrubs doing nothing mostly.

Kendaile Lawrence, who has stepped in due to multiple injuries and is leading the team in rushing.

I'm not sure who I even picked.

Yea, but I would be enjoying it more if the CPU was putting up more of a fight on and off the field.

Fuck you Alabama

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

No one

No one

No one

Yea....I knew it wouldn't be me.

I am, but certain things piss me off...like when I press"Y" to catch the ball, my WR doesn't put his hands up...Also I think the middle of the field defense needs improvement....like when they released a patch to fix it in NCAA 12. I really thought I would be able to pick up where I left off from NCAA 12(well my records shows much hasn't changed)...I started to get the feel more of the game in the 2nd half against Shaun & I got my 1st win against Idaho..so things are coming together.

Every team that has beat me.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

By default it is DE Trevarris Saulsberry. He has recorded 1 tackle and 1 TFL.
    Off: WR Da'Rick Rogers - 591 yards and 6 tds.
    Def: MLB Curt Maggitt - 45 tack, 16 tfl, 2 sack, 3 int,
    WR Zach Rogers has stepped up this year. No one expected much from him because of Da'Rick Rogers and Justin Hunter being ahead of him but he has made the most of his time on the field.
    Halfway...I would choose Houston for Big XII this time. Still think LSU wins the SEC.
    Besides the shitty record it's been a lot of fun.
    LSU and more specifcally Spencer Ware.