Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Richard Smiley, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Game Summaries. for 2011/2012 season

2. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 1 vs #3 Stanford:

I started the game off strong taking a 10-0 lead late into the 2nd quarter. Stanford finally got on the board just before halftime to make the game 10-7. I got the ball to start the 2nd half and they stopped me from scoring. They then drove down the field to take their first lead of the game at 14-10. We battled back and forth with no points being scored until I finally got a drive going and took a 17-14 lead with 3 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. I then forced Stanford into a three and out and got the ball back with 2 minutes remaining. I picked up a couple first downs and was working the clock when i broke a run for a 40 yard touchdown with 1 minute left in the game to take a 24-14 lead over the number 3 team in the nation. They quickly drove down the field though to make the score 24-21 with 20 seconds remaining in the game and it was time for the onside kick, they tried it but I recovered then took a knee to win the game 24-21. What an upset! and what a debut! I defeat the #3 team in the nation, in my first game as Head Coach of 1 star Mid Tenn State!

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 5 for 9 passing for 51 yards. 17 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 16 carries for 27 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 4 carries for 27 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Christian Collins - 3 carries for 51 yards and the Game Sealing 40 yard TD run.

*The most important stat of the Game:
    Turnovers
    Stanford - 1
    Mid Tenn State - 0

3. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

very nice win man.

4. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 2 at Toledo:

I jump out to a 7-0 lead with around 2 minutes left in the first quarter and end the first quarter with a 7-0 lead. Then scored on my first possession in the second quarter to make the score 14-0. Then came up with a stop and scored right before the end of the half to take a 21-0 into halftime. To start the second half I got an interception then scored to take a 28-0 lead with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Another stop followed by a long TD ends in a 35-0 lead to start the fourth quarter. In the rest of the game it was just me running the clock down and Toledo finally scored to make the final score 35-7, and move my record as a head coach to 2-0.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 2 for 2 passing for 21 yards and 1 TD. 5 carries for 11 yards.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 23 carries for 94 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 22 carries for 200 yards and 4 TDs.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 carries for 19 yards.

5. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 3 at Troy:

Troy gets the ball first and drives down the field to take a 7-0 lead. I then respond with a drive of my own and even the score at 7-7 with 20 seconds left in the first quarter. Both teams defenses then stood strong until I finally broke through and scored to make it 14-7 at halftime. To start the second half it looked like their D was gonna be strong and stop me again as they had me in a 3rd and 15 but I called the draw play and broke a 50 yard TD run to take a 21-7 lead. However, Troy answered right back to make it a 1 TD game at 21-12 with 2 minutes left in the third. It looked like I would make it a 2 score game again but then threw an INT with 30 seconds left in the third. But then my D came up with a big stop and I was able to work some clock and put the game away with a TD with 1 minute left followed by a safety to win the game 30-14. Mid Tenn State still undefeated, and still undefeated as a HC, 3-0.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 8 for 11 passing for 116 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. 10 carries for 44 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 21 carries for 176 yards and 3 TDs.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 12 carries for 81 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 catches for 49 yards

6. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 4 vs Ole Miss:

Ole Miss gets on the board first with a TD with about 2 minutes left in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. The score stayed the same until there was 2 minutes and 30 seconds left in the second quarter when I finally scored to even it up at 7-7 going into the half. Ole Miss took control of the lead with 2 minutes left in the third at 14-7. I even the score up with a long TD run to make it 14-14 with 5 minutes left in the game. Ole Miss answered right back to take a 21-14 lead with 3 minutes to go in the game. I drove the ball down the field and with no timeouts faced a 4th and goal from the 15 yard line, on fourth down I threw a TD pass to my TE in the back of the endzone to make the score 21-21 with 10 seconds left. My D stood strong for the hail mary attempt by Ole Miss at the end of regulation to send the game into Overtime. I started OT out on Defense where my D stepped up and held Ole Miss to a FG to make the score 24-21. My only goal was to not turn the ball over, but that's exactly what happened. They stripped the ball from me on the 5 yard line to win the game 24-21 and hand me my first loss, 3-1.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 12 of 15 passing for 111 yards and 1 TD. 9 Carries for 6 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 18 carries for 118 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun 12 carries for 72 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Reggie Whatley - 2 carries for 16 yards and the game costing fumble...

7. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 5 vs Western Kentucky:

I get the ball to open the game and drive down the field scoring on a long TD run to make the score 7-0 with 4 minutes left in the first quarter. Western Kentucky would answer right back but miss the PAT to make the score 7-6 with 2 minutes left in the first. The game then turned into a D battle for awhile until Western Kentucky scored with a minute and 30 to go until halftime to take a 13-7 lead. The scored remained that until halftime. Western Kentucky got the ball to start the second half and scored again to make the score 20-7 with 4 minutes left in the third. Western Kentucky then tacked on a FG to take a 23-7 lead into the fourth quarter. I finally score with 3 30 left in the game and get a 2 point conversion to make the score 23-15. Western Kentucky then drove down the field and scored the most likely game clinching TD to make it 30-15 with a minute left. They then intercepted me to pull off the upset win and give me my second consecutive loss and drop my record to 3-2. Just a horrible game for me.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 8 of 23 passing for 214 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.
    HB DD Kyles - 14 Carries for 109 Yards and 1 TD
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 2 carries for 26 yards

8. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 6 at Florida Atlantic University:

Both teams defenses came up with a couple stops early on until a broke a long TD run with 2 minutes and 45 seconds left in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. I scored again with 30 seconds left in the first to push the lead to 14-0. FAU then answered with a TD with 4 minutes and 30 seconds left in the second quarter to make the score 14-7. Then i answered back with another long TD run to take a 21-7 lead with 2 minutes left until halftime. My D came up with a quick stop and I threw a long TD pass to extend the lead to 28-7 with 1 minute left in the half. FAU scored in the 3rd with 3 minutes and 30 seconds to go to shorten the gap to 28-14. FAU scored again with a minute left in the 3rd to make it a one possession game at 28-21. With 2 minutes left in the game not only did I put the lead back up to two scores with a TD pass, I also chewed up a lot of time, 35-21 would be the final. My record improves to 4-2.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 3 of 9 passing for 79 yards and 2 TDs. 10 carries for 27 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 19 carries for 181 yards and 2 TDs. 1 reception for 51 yards and a TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 15 carries for 112 yards and 2 TDs.

9. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Nice game you had man now with 2 more wins and you will be going to a bowl..

• Like Like x 1
  10. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 7 vs UL Lafayette:

UL Lafayette got on the board first with a TD with 2 minutes left in the first to take an early 7-0 lead. ULL then would take on a field goal with 4 minutes left in the second quarter to extend their lead to 10-0. I finally scored just before halftime to make the score 10-7 at the half. I broke a long TD run on my first possession of the second half to take the lead at 14-10. On my next possession I used a setup play-action pass to hit on a long TD to push my lead to 21-10 with 4 minutes left in the third. ULL used an INT I threw to create a TD drive making the score 21-17 with 2 minutes left in the third. I converted a FG to make my lead a TD at 24-17 with 5 minutes and 30 seconds left in the game. However, ULL would run the ensuing kickoff back for a TD to tie the game at 24-24. I threw another INT that ULL would turn into a FG to take a 27-24 lead with 4 minutes left in the game. Thanks to a long kick return followed by a long TD run I was able to regain the lead at 31-27 with 3 mintues and 45 seconds left. My D came up with a big stop and I broke another long TD run on my first play of the drive to take a 38-27 lead with 3 minutes to go. ULL then drove down the field and scored a TD, they tried a 2 point conversion to make it a FG game but were unsuccessful. I then recovered their onside kick attempt and got the ball with 1 minute and 30 seconds left up 38-33. I was then able to run down the clock and score the game clinching TD with under 30 seconds left. I come out with a 45-33 victory and improve my record to 5-2 on the year.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 5 of 14 passing for 125 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. 5 carries for 13 yards and 1 TD.
    HB DD Kyles - 28 carries for 287 yards and 4 TDs.

11. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Good game man your RB is good also and thx for the like.

12. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 8 at Tennessee:

I get on the board first and take a 7-0 lead with a TD with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. Tennessee answered back with a FG to make the score 7-3 at the start of the second quarter. I tacked on a FG to make the score 10-3 with 20 seconds left in the second quarter. I got the ball to start the second half and was able to work a lot of clock and hit a FG to take a 13-3 lead with 1 minute and 30 seconds left in the third. Tennessee returned a punt for a TD with 5 minutes left in the game to reduce the lead to 13-10. Tennessee scored again with 2 minutes left to take a late 17-13 lead. I fumbled at Tennesse's 10 yard line with a chance to win, and I lose 17-13. My record drops to 5-3.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 6 passing for 45 yards. 13 carries for 36 yards
    HB DD Kyles - 33 carries for 174 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 3 carries for 15 yards.

13. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 9 at UL Monroe:

We battled back and forth to a 7-6 score at the half. The game remained a Defensive battle throughout the second half until I finally broke through and scored a TD with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter to make the score 14-6. I got a D stop and then was able to run a long time consuming drive that ended in a TD with 15 seconds left in the game, I win 21-6. My record improves to 6-3 and I am now bowl eligible.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 9 passing for 46 yards and 1 TD. 15 carries for 50 yards and 1 TD
    HB DD Kyles - 28 carries for 171 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 4 carries for 21 yards.

14. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 10 vs Arkansas State (BigPapaHusker)

We have a great D battle of a game he leads the whole game until I finally kick a FG with a minute left to take a 9-7 lead and my D holds on for a big win. I never could get much going on O due to the loss of my star HB for the game early on, and couldn't even get the ball in the endzone. I only score FGs but it proves to be enough. i win my first user game in this league and improve my record to 7-3.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 2 of 8 passing for 10 yards. 5 carries for 23 yards.
    HB DD Kyles (INJ in 1st Quarter) - 8 carries for 44 yards.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 18 carries for 88 yards.
    HB Reggie Whatley - 5 carries for 33 yards.
    WR Christian Collins - 1 carry for 21 yards.

15. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 11 vs FIU (MWS The Natural)

My Offense yet again struggled. I had a few good drives but was in the redzone 3 different times and got 0 points out of it. And My D could come up with no stops which is a bad combination and results in me getting blown out. My record drops to 7-4 and I can no longer win the conference as I get creamed 41-3.

Game Stats:
    WHO CARES?! lol

16. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 12 at North Texas (symbioteshocker)

Helluva game! Me and NT battle back and forth all game. He has a shot to win it at the end of the 4th, but I ice him and he misses. We would go on to 3 OTs. He got the ball first in the 3rd OT and ended up throwing an INT on third down. I went on to score a TD and win the game 30-24 in OT. My regular season record ends up being 8-4 and I finish second in the conference.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 6 passing for 28 yards. 6 carries for 55 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 18 carries for 123 yards and 2 TDs.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 8 carries for 77 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Christian Collins - 1 carry for 18 yards and a TD.

17. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl; Game 13 vs Memphis (COOLREEF)

Pretty good contest and a good bowl game to end out my first season as a HC. I jumped out early but Memphis battled back and played it close through out the game. But my star senior HB was able to go out with a bang and give me the big bowl game win at 31-24 to make my first season as a HC a success as I finish 9-4.

Game stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 7 of 9 passing for 106 yards and 1 INT. 5 carries for 20 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 30 carries for 285 yards and 4 TDs. 3 catches for 16 yards.
    WR Christian Collins - 2 carries for 26 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 catches for 83 yards.

18. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Season 2 Game 1 at #8 South Carolina:

Huge victory to start off the season. Made a GW FG at buzzer to get 24-21 win. Have a new HB recruited from a JUCO who is sick. 1-0 so far.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 7 of 10 passing for 213 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Dennis McAfee - 27 carries for 176 yards.
    HB Ben Cunningham - 5 carries for 21 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 1 carry for 5 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Malcom Beyah - 2 catches for 110 yards and 1 TD.
    TE Byron McLeod - 2 catches for 53 yards.