1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Richard Smiley, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Game Summaries. for 2011/2012 season

2. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 1 vs #3 Stanford:

I started the game off strong taking a 10-0 lead late into the 2nd quarter. Stanford finally got on the board just before halftime to make the game 10-7. I got the ball to start the 2nd half and they stopped me from scoring. They then drove down the field to take their first lead of the game at 14-10. We battled back and forth with no points being scored until I finally got a drive going and took a 17-14 lead with 3 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. I then forced Stanford into a three and out and got the ball back with 2 minutes remaining. I picked up a couple first downs and was working the clock when i broke a run for a 40 yard touchdown with 1 minute left in the game to take a 24-14 lead over the number 3 team in the nation. They quickly drove down the field though to make the score 24-21 with 20 seconds remaining in the game and it was time for the onside kick, they tried it but I recovered then took a knee to win the game 24-21. What an upset! and what a debut! I defeat the #3 team in the nation, in my first game as Head Coach of 1 star Mid Tenn State!

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 5 for 9 passing for 51 yards. 17 carries for 66 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 16 carries for 27 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 4 carries for 27 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Christian Collins - 3 carries for 51 yards and the Game Sealing 40 yard TD run.

*The most important stat of the Game:
    Turnovers
    Stanford - 1
    Mid Tenn State - 0

3. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

very nice win man.

4. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 2 at Toledo:

I jump out to a 7-0 lead with around 2 minutes left in the first quarter and end the first quarter with a 7-0 lead. Then scored on my first possession in the second quarter to make the score 14-0. Then came up with a stop and scored right before the end of the half to take a 21-0 into halftime. To start the second half I got an interception then scored to take a 28-0 lead with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. Another stop followed by a long TD ends in a 35-0 lead to start the fourth quarter. In the rest of the game it was just me running the clock down and Toledo finally scored to make the final score 35-7, and move my record as a head coach to 2-0.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 2 for 2 passing for 21 yards and 1 TD. 5 carries for 11 yards.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 23 carries for 94 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 22 carries for 200 yards and 4 TDs.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 carries for 19 yards.

5. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 3 at Troy:

Troy gets the ball first and drives down the field to take a 7-0 lead. I then respond with a drive of my own and even the score at 7-7 with 20 seconds left in the first quarter. Both teams defenses then stood strong until I finally broke through and scored to make it 14-7 at halftime. To start the second half it looked like their D was gonna be strong and stop me again as they had me in a 3rd and 15 but I called the draw play and broke a 50 yard TD run to take a 21-7 lead. However, Troy answered right back to make it a 1 TD game at 21-12 with 2 minutes left in the third. It looked like I would make it a 2 score game again but then threw an INT with 30 seconds left in the third. But then my D came up with a big stop and I was able to work some clock and put the game away with a TD with 1 minute left followed by a safety to win the game 30-14. Mid Tenn State still undefeated, and still undefeated as a HC, 3-0.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 8 for 11 passing for 116 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. 10 carries for 44 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 21 carries for 176 yards and 3 TDs.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 12 carries for 81 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 catches for 49 yards

6. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 4 vs Ole Miss:

Ole Miss gets on the board first with a TD with about 2 minutes left in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. The score stayed the same until there was 2 minutes and 30 seconds left in the second quarter when I finally scored to even it up at 7-7 going into the half. Ole Miss took control of the lead with 2 minutes left in the third at 14-7. I even the score up with a long TD run to make it 14-14 with 5 minutes left in the game. Ole Miss answered right back to take a 21-14 lead with 3 minutes to go in the game. I drove the ball down the field and with no timeouts faced a 4th and goal from the 15 yard line, on fourth down I threw a TD pass to my TE in the back of the endzone to make the score 21-21 with 10 seconds left. My D stood strong for the hail mary attempt by Ole Miss at the end of regulation to send the game into Overtime. I started OT out on Defense where my D stepped up and held Ole Miss to a FG to make the score 24-21. My only goal was to not turn the ball over, but that's exactly what happened. They stripped the ball from me on the 5 yard line to win the game 24-21 and hand me my first loss, 3-1.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 12 of 15 passing for 111 yards and 1 TD. 9 Carries for 6 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 18 carries for 118 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun 12 carries for 72 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Reggie Whatley - 2 carries for 16 yards and the game costing fumble...

7. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 5 vs Western Kentucky:

I get the ball to open the game and drive down the field scoring on a long TD run to make the score 7-0 with 4 minutes left in the first quarter. Western Kentucky would answer right back but miss the PAT to make the score 7-6 with 2 minutes left in the first. The game then turned into a D battle for awhile until Western Kentucky scored with a minute and 30 to go until halftime to take a 13-7 lead. The scored remained that until halftime. Western Kentucky got the ball to start the second half and scored again to make the score 20-7 with 4 minutes left in the third. Western Kentucky then tacked on a FG to take a 23-7 lead into the fourth quarter. I finally score with 3 30 left in the game and get a 2 point conversion to make the score 23-15. Western Kentucky then drove down the field and scored the most likely game clinching TD to make it 30-15 with a minute left. They then intercepted me to pull off the upset win and give me my second consecutive loss and drop my record to 3-2. Just a horrible game for me.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 8 of 23 passing for 214 yards, 1 TD, and 4 INTs.
    HB DD Kyles - 14 Carries for 109 Yards and 1 TD
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 2 carries for 26 yards

8. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 6 at Florida Atlantic University:

Both teams defenses came up with a couple stops early on until a broke a long TD run with 2 minutes and 45 seconds left in the first quarter to take a 7-0 lead. I scored again with 30 seconds left in the first to push the lead to 14-0. FAU then answered with a TD with 4 minutes and 30 seconds left in the second quarter to make the score 14-7. Then i answered back with another long TD run to take a 21-7 lead with 2 minutes left until halftime. My D came up with a quick stop and I threw a long TD pass to extend the lead to 28-7 with 1 minute left in the half. FAU scored in the 3rd with 3 minutes and 30 seconds to go to shorten the gap to 28-14. FAU scored again with a minute left in the 3rd to make it a one possession game at 28-21. With 2 minutes left in the game not only did I put the lead back up to two scores with a TD pass, I also chewed up a lot of time, 35-21 would be the final. My record improves to 4-2.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 3 of 9 passing for 79 yards and 2 TDs. 10 carries for 27 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 19 carries for 181 yards and 2 TDs. 1 reception for 51 yards and a TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 15 carries for 112 yards and 2 TDs.

9. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Nice game you had man now with 2 more wins and you will be going to a bowl..

• Like Like x 1
  10. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 7 vs UL Lafayette:

UL Lafayette got on the board first with a TD with 2 minutes left in the first to take an early 7-0 lead. ULL then would take on a field goal with 4 minutes left in the second quarter to extend their lead to 10-0. I finally scored just before halftime to make the score 10-7 at the half. I broke a long TD run on my first possession of the second half to take the lead at 14-10. On my next possession I used a setup play-action pass to hit on a long TD to push my lead to 21-10 with 4 minutes left in the third. ULL used an INT I threw to create a TD drive making the score 21-17 with 2 minutes left in the third. I converted a FG to make my lead a TD at 24-17 with 5 minutes and 30 seconds left in the game. However, ULL would run the ensuing kickoff back for a TD to tie the game at 24-24. I threw another INT that ULL would turn into a FG to take a 27-24 lead with 4 minutes left in the game. Thanks to a long kick return followed by a long TD run I was able to regain the lead at 31-27 with 3 mintues and 45 seconds left. My D came up with a big stop and I broke another long TD run on my first play of the drive to take a 38-27 lead with 3 minutes to go. ULL then drove down the field and scored a TD, they tried a 2 point conversion to make it a FG game but were unsuccessful. I then recovered their onside kick attempt and got the ball with 1 minute and 30 seconds left up 38-33. I was then able to run down the clock and score the game clinching TD with under 30 seconds left. I come out with a 45-33 victory and improve my record to 5-2 on the year.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 5 of 14 passing for 125 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs. 5 carries for 13 yards and 1 TD.
    HB DD Kyles - 28 carries for 287 yards and 4 TDs.

11. Richard Smiley

Richard Smiley Walk On

Good game man your RB is good also and thx for the like.

12. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 8 at Tennessee:

I get on the board first and take a 7-0 lead with a TD with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. Tennessee answered back with a FG to make the score 7-3 at the start of the second quarter. I tacked on a FG to make the score 10-3 with 20 seconds left in the second quarter. I got the ball to start the second half and was able to work a lot of clock and hit a FG to take a 13-3 lead with 1 minute and 30 seconds left in the third. Tennessee returned a punt for a TD with 5 minutes left in the game to reduce the lead to 13-10. Tennessee scored again with 2 minutes left to take a late 17-13 lead. I fumbled at Tennesse's 10 yard line with a chance to win, and I lose 17-13. My record drops to 5-3.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 6 passing for 45 yards. 13 carries for 36 yards
    HB DD Kyles - 33 carries for 174 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 3 carries for 15 yards.

13. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 9 at UL Monroe:

We battled back and forth to a 7-6 score at the half. The game remained a Defensive battle throughout the second half until I finally broke through and scored a TD with 3 minutes left in the fourth quarter to make the score 14-6. I got a D stop and then was able to run a long time consuming drive that ended in a TD with 15 seconds left in the game, I win 21-6. My record improves to 6-3 and I am now bowl eligible.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 9 passing for 46 yards and 1 TD. 15 carries for 50 yards and 1 TD
    HB DD Kyles - 28 carries for 171 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 4 carries for 21 yards.

14. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 10 vs Arkansas State (BigPapaHusker)

We have a great D battle of a game he leads the whole game until I finally kick a FG with a minute left to take a 9-7 lead and my D holds on for a big win. I never could get much going on O due to the loss of my star HB for the game early on, and couldn't even get the ball in the endzone. I only score FGs but it proves to be enough. i win my first user game in this league and improve my record to 7-3.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 2 of 8 passing for 10 yards. 5 carries for 23 yards.
    HB DD Kyles (INJ in 1st Quarter) - 8 carries for 44 yards.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 18 carries for 88 yards.
    HB Reggie Whatley - 5 carries for 33 yards.
    WR Christian Collins - 1 carry for 21 yards.

15. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 11 vs FIU (MWS The Natural)

My Offense yet again struggled. I had a few good drives but was in the redzone 3 different times and got 0 points out of it. And My D could come up with no stops which is a bad combination and results in me getting blown out. My record drops to 7-4 and I can no longer win the conference as I get creamed 41-3.

Game Stats:
    WHO CARES?! lol

16. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Game 12 at North Texas (symbioteshocker)

Helluva game! Me and NT battle back and forth all game. He has a shot to win it at the end of the 4th, but I ice him and he misses. We would go on to 3 OTs. He got the ball first in the 3rd OT and ended up throwing an INT on third down. I went on to score a TD and win the game 30-24 in OT. My regular season record ends up being 8-4 and I finish second in the conference.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 4 of 6 passing for 28 yards. 6 carries for 55 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 18 carries for 123 yards and 2 TDs.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 8 carries for 77 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Christian Collins - 1 carry for 18 yards and a TD.

17. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl; Game 13 vs Memphis (COOLREEF)

Pretty good contest and a good bowl game to end out my first season as a HC. I jumped out early but Memphis battled back and played it close through out the game. But my star senior HB was able to go out with a bang and give me the big bowl game win at 31-24 to make my first season as a HC a success as I finish 9-4.

Game stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 7 of 9 passing for 106 yards and 1 INT. 5 carries for 20 yards.
    HB DD Kyles - 30 carries for 285 yards and 4 TDs. 3 catches for 16 yards.
    WR Christian Collins - 2 carries for 26 yards.
    WR Sancho McDonald - 3 catches for 83 yards.

18. WVUWILD12

WVUWILD12 Walk On

Season 2 Game 1 at #8 South Carolina:

Huge victory to start off the season. Made a GW FG at buzzer to get 24-21 win. Have a new HB recruited from a JUCO who is sick. 1-0 so far.

Game Stats:
    QB Logan Kilgore - 7 of 10 passing for 213 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Dennis McAfee - 27 carries for 176 yards.
    HB Ben Cunningham - 5 carries for 21 yards and 1 TD.
    HB Drayton Calhoun - 1 carry for 5 yards and 1 TD.
    WR Malcom Beyah - 2 catches for 110 yards and 1 TD.
    TE Byron McLeod - 2 catches for 53 yards.