Mid-way through the second season, who is looking to move, who is looking to stay?

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Aug 10, 2011.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

So we are mid-way through the second season and Im wondering who is interested in moving, and who is interested in staying?

Right now, I think Im staying. Things may change, but I like my offense, and think Im going to add some help to the defense.

What is everyone else thinking?

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

All depends on the offer... With McGuffie graduating I may leave. He is my only star power on the team. Though I think next season with my recruits progressing, we will have a better all around team with less glaring holes, but we will just be ko everywhere, instead of having some studs at some places and holes in others.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'll probably stay. I've had a vested interest the whole time playing with my alma mater.

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I like what I'm putting together in Buffalo - its going to be tough for me to agree taking a OC/DC position anywhere though. A lot also depends on what recruits I end up landing - its going to be a big next few weeks recruiting wise. Need to plan for the future, that sort of thing.

If I get an OC offer from a decent Big10/Pac10 school I would probably consider it though I really want to move up the coaching ranks so I can get a HC offer outright. Maybe the Buckeyes will come calling for a new OC - that would be a heck of a move and one I could not likely turn down.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

im not moving unless i get a head coaching job at a Big 10 school.. or possibly a Pac-10 school... the whole coordinator thing.... fuck that... HNIC or bust.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im definitely not leaving for a coordinator position. Only playing half the game isn't fun for me.

What was the best coaching gig offered to anyone last offseason? Washington State OC? I can't remember.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I think there was an Arizona DC as well.

8. Keller

I was offered Arizona's DC but due to our rule of sticking around 1 more season, I had to turn it down. Don't know if I would have taken it anyways.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

take that job and you will end up right back at Buffalo......lol.....

10. Keller

Maybe - maybe not. I for one have no clue how the defenses play when I actually have talent - of course the offenses I face would be even better but you get what I'm sayin

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I was offered the OC position at Washington State. I probably would have taken it last year. Would definitely take it this year.

For those of you waiting for HC positions, you could be waiting a long time. Like, forever. Because if a HC position does open up, they are likely going to be looking at star coordinators already at BCS schools.

12. Keller

I certainly hope its not out of the realm of possibility but I will definitely take a good OC position if one presents itself. Come on Buckeyes....

13. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

If you take a coordinator position, do you have goals where you have to win 8 games or something along those lines? To me that is cheap because you can't determine what the other side does.

Also, with coordinator positions, when you are in supersim, the clock barely runs. Granted, it benefits us, but just an observation.

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya thats why in CC we watch the other side of the ball to get more accurate clock management

15. theSANDMAN215

I'm not really into a coordinator position, but if I am offered it, I'd give it some thought. Moving schools would be great because right now I am just getting lucky to get wins.

I would have to think about it, but I doubt anyone is going to offer me a job, I think I'm only a 1-star Head Coach.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the whole CC works though. I guess it's realistic, but I don't want to tell Akron I'm not coming back, and then not get offered anything. I'd like to see what teams, if any, are interested in me first.

16. theSANDMAN215

That's not a bad idea. We should look into that rule here.

It'd be awfully boring, but it'd make it more fair.

When I was playing in an off-line dynasty, it was easy to accomplish goals because you get so much time with the ball.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I really don't get that much more snaps than you guys do (if any). You guys get defensive stops and that sort of balances out.

The goals, from what I have seen in my offline dynasty and this dynasty, seem to be pretty similar. I just don't get defensive goals.

I'm not watching the CPU play defense. I'm not that patient.

18. theSANDMAN215

I'd rather not watch it either. It was just an interesting suggestion.

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

My contract might not be renewed as I was just destroyed by a 1-6 Houston team.

I might leave for a sweet DC job in the Big 10

20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My plan is to stay as of right now unless I get an offer I can't refuse. My coach prestige is up to a C+ so I might get an offer or 2, but I'm not anticipating any offers that would intrigue me enough to take. I'm guessing I'll be heading out around season 4 or 5.

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm going to get fired with my 3-5 record.

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I find it odd that I have one of the higher prestige ratings, and job security even though I have one of the worst records in the league. It makes me wonder what all goes into the prestige rating. Emmdotfrisk is 12-8 career and and 7-1 this season, yet has less job security and a lower prestige rating. He's also completed 2 goals and I've only completed 1. My guess is that he had higher expectations, but since he's completed 2 goals, and I'm sure gotten some boosts from beating higher ranked teams I would imagine that he would be higher than the 61% he is at.

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It might be 4-4, your team is ever so slightly rated higher than mine

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The score reported...

25. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Haha no shit, I had 30 emails with the utep vs rice game update