Mid Year Coach Report Cards.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Jul 24, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Coming soon. Plead your cases. Tell me how great you are and why. I would like to run a coaches poll. We should each rank us 1 through 12. This is due in by tomorrow.

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Well at 3-3 probably better than most thought I would do....two of the three games lost were by a total of 7 points.....first game loss againist Kentucky was by 40...the passing game is improving....however given the negative turnover ratio, losing a game to a team I was favored to beat....

C+ to B-....overall...

Additional grim facts, got the Billdog and the Plague in user games, plus LSU....so safe bet those are losses...need win 3 of the next 6 to have a .500 season....could be done!

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

2 and 5 out of the gate but now riding a 2 game win streak. Had a tough opening schedule with Alabama, UNC, and Houston to open the season.
    Overall I think a C+ until my win streak keeps growing.

4. TJM

TJM Walk On

4-2

Wins: Tulsa (Bs across the board), Syracuse (BCS school), Army, UAB
    Losses: Duke (upsetting), UTEP (since I went on a drinking binge on Bourbon st during the game. )
    Conference: 2W (Tulsa, UAB) - 1L (UTEP)

Offense: A (except when I am not coaching)
    Defense: D
    Overall: B-

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

clearly i am amazing:

-have the highest job security in the country... in the country! 79%
    -have arguably the most difficult schedule in our league (wisc, washst, hawaii, boise, tcu, sandiegost, nevada, user-game) yet i sit with a 3-3 record and momentum despite a "tied-for-the-lowest" D+ rating in every category (an overall team rating of 66)
    -in the toughest conference in our league w/ mormon (MWC)... 4 teams (nev, boise, sandiegost, tcu) with a rating over 82OVR, 2 with ratings of 92OVR or better (TCU/Boise)
    -I beat 4-1 mormon, a team that beat Nebraska... handedly
    -I have 12 3-star players on my board with UNLV 1st on their list
    -The media seems to like me and my team is one of the youngest in the country
    -I am amazing

The cons:
    -I got destroyed by Nevada (won't happen again)
    -My RB is most of my team but also a huge puss
    -I still have Boise, TCU, and SanDiegoSt on my schedule

6. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

I love this post, great idea.
    The Plead for Kent State.......
    I had a tough week against Bama in week 2. Week 3 is when the team heated up and I won the first User game of the Cathedral against Bulldog. My loss to Kansas State came down to the last play. Week 5 was an FCS beat down, but those games don't reall count anyway. That was followed by 3 consecutive MAC conference wins against 3 better teams. That's my case. I'll list my midyear rankings below!!!!

1) Kent State 5-2
    2) Utep 5-1 His only loss was a beat down from SMU. Huge shut-out win against Tulane
    3) UNLV 3-3 Great victories against Hawaii and against Mormon
    4) Wyoming 4-2 Nebraska was a HUGE win, but 2 FCS teams on the schedule and losses to UNLV and Bowling Green (his 2 user games) hurt
    5) Tulane 4-2 Scores lots of points, but got shut-out by UTEP
    6) Bowling Green 4-3 Got smashed by Idaho, but had good win against West Virginia
    7) UL Lafayette 4-3 Beat North Texas, FIU, FAU and currently holds a 3-1 conference record
    8) Rice 3-3 Rice's 3 wins came against pretty weak opponents
    9) WKU 3-3 Had a good win against Navy, but lost to Arkansas St. and FAU. OUCH!
    10) Akron 3-3 Well..........It's Akron. At least their season goal of 4 wins is almost accomplished!
    11) North Texas 2-5 Started 0-5, but is starting a comeback with 2 straight conference wins
    12) SJSU 2-5 Great 3 OT thriller against Hawaii, but has had pretty difficult schedule, and it has showed

7. Sceptic21

Sceptic21 Walk On

Hokie makes some good points (except his last one), and recruiting matters especially when talking about coach of the (mid) year, not team of the year. But I can't get too upset because UNLV is a 2* school, while Kent is 1*!

8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Here is why i should be heading towards the bottom of the barrel...
    -I have already played Texas, Purdue, and Baylor soon Northwestern(I think the hardest non-conference schedule)
    -I am 3-4 only have two easy games all year and have won both of them(knocked off Baylor)
    -Next five games on the road against Northwestern, SMU, and Houston at home against UTEP and Tulane
    -Could easily go 3-9
    -I have the 9th worst team and the hardest schedule
    -I hope to win a fourth game to keep my job(does not look good)
    -Have i made myself clear... prepare to see me fall to the bottom

• Like Like x 1
  9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I can't make a good arguement

I beat WVU and Wyoming and Toledo

BUT

Lost big to Idaho and Western Michigan and Miami U.

If I can beat Kent State and get a little help, still have a chance to make the MAC champ game

10. TJM

TJM Walk On

I would like to mention I did not get shutout against UTEP but my simulated team for technical reasons, though I do agree with your ranking. Weave has a strong run D and was the only team to slow down the nations leading rusher when we did attempt to get in our game (which was an awesome game).

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

I definitly should be the highest ranked 3-3 team in the leauge, because as crapper said, I'm Freakin Akron. I've tripled their win total from a year ago. You take out that 87-0 whooping and I'm not far off in stats.

FEAR THE ROO!!!!

12. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I'm going to say I belong in the bottom half easily. Actually, lets just say between 10-12 among users. My team does boast a 2-1 Conference record. Our 2-5 overall can be misleading since we got bombed on by UCLA, #3Stanford, and BYU in out of conference play. With our remaining schedule don't be surprised if we don't catapult from the 10-12 range to the 6-9 range!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goose

Goose Walk On

Strive for mediocracy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

^^^ preach it brother!

• Like Like x 1