Midseason Assessment's

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ZCar352, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

[​IMG]
    #14 4-1 (2-1)
    Overview of the season so far
    Well before the season started there was a lot of hype in Gainesville about the possibility of being a nation title contender after putting up a impressive 9-1 finish after the switch at head coach with coach Carder's lone loss coming to then #1 Arkansas by 1 score. There was rumors that Michigan was going to be making a trip to The Swamp but at the last minute that fell through. The Gators are running a new offense this season switching over from the spread to a more pro style offense and it showed in there first game as they trailed Idaho 6-3 at the half but were able to bounce back and get the win in the second half. After the slow start against the Vandals the offense got it going early against Eastern Michigan and were able to cruise to a nice win.
    After the nice 2-0 start it was time to face rival Tennessee in Knoxville to start the Gators three game road trip and boy was it a crazy game as the Florida defense didn't show up and the Tennessee offense was unstoppable. Jacoby Brissett put up an impressive stat line throwing for over 600 yards with 7 touchdowns but the effort was in vain as the Gators fell 58-56. Then the NCAA started taking interest in Brissett's recruiting and it wasn't looking good so Coach Carder left him at home for the Kentucky game which was another barn burner but thanks to two defensive touchdowns in the 2nd half the Gators would escape 34-24 to go to 3-1. With the return of Brissett for Mississippi State things looked like the offense would get back on track but Brissett left the game with a mild concussion and the coaching staff road senior running back Mack Brown to the victory to improve to 4-1 on the season.
    Offensive Playmakers
    QB Jacoby Brissett
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 55-84 1,018 Yards 13 TD 4 Int 254.5 YPG 65% QB Rating: 208.80
    Jacoby Brissett has been the leader of this offense and even with the NCAA investigation he has played very consistent this season even with the new offense. The Gators will need Brissett to keep this type of play up as they face some tough opponents here the next few weeks.
    RB Mack Brown
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 93 Attempts 631 yards 6.7 AVG 4 TD 126.2 YPG
    Mack Brown has thrived in this new offense even though the touchdowns haven't been there for him this season he has been the work horse for this Gator offense. With Brown being able to get the run game going for the Gators it really opens up the play action pass.
    WR Latroy Pittman
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 24 Receptions 480 Yards 5 TD 96.0 YPG 216 YAC 3 Drops
    Latroy has burst onto the scene this year as a legitimate go to receiver even though he is the #2 on the depth chart its always good to have two #1 capable wideouts on the field. Pittman had a monster game against Tennessee and has been the Gators best deep threat.
    Defensive Playmakers
    LOLB Antonio Morrison
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 36 Total Tackles 15 TFL 3 Sacks 2 FF 1 FR 1 TD
    Antonio is in his true junior season and is the leader of this very talented Gator defense. Morrison leads the team in tackles and is only 8 tackles away from matching last years total. He is a sure 1st round pick but there is always the possibility that he comes back for his senior year.
    CB Marcus Roberson
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 9 Tackles 4 Int 3 Pass Deflections 2 TD
    Marcus Roberson has finally broken out as a star corner for the Gators as last year he showed glimpse's of being a top level corner but was overshadowed by Jaylen Watkins. Roberson was all over the place in last years bowl win against Wisconsin and that play has carried over to this season.
    ROLB A.J. Henry
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 31 Tackles 10 TFL 1 INT 2 FF 1 TD
    You can't say much about a TRUE freshman who comes in and just makes plays for you other than "WOW" and that is exactly what AJ Henry has done. The #1 OLB from last years recruiting class and the top standout of the Gators class has been nothing short of excellent in his first season on campus and we can't wait to see what he does the next 2-3 years.
    Big Games Remaining
    Week 8 vs #1 Alabama: Again the Gators face the #1 team midway through the season hopefully this year they are on the winning end unlike last year.​
    Week 10 vs Georgia: This game will always be on here as its the the Biggest Cocktail Party and is one of the biggest rivalry games outside FSU.
    Week 13 @ #6 South Carolina: Whooped up on the Cocks at home last year and they don't have Lattimore anymore I look for the same result in Columbia.
    Week 14 @ Florida State: This is a HUGE rivalry game that heavily impacts recruiting in the state of Florida and we look to gain that edge as we travel to the Doak.
    Outlook for remainder of the season
    I believe we can go 10-2 to finish the regular season and head to the SEC Championship and after that its up to the pollsters but I will be happy with whatever bowl game we get in. I hope the recruiting trail heats up for us soon as we lost two commits to other user head coaches 1 to PAgamer07 at USC and the other recruit went to SuperBowlNachos and South Carolina. All in all I think we have a good season and finish strong and come back ready to dig in 2015. Go Gators!!!​

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Damn! I forgot all about these. Thanks Zac!

• Like Like x 1
  3. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

[​IMG]
    #4 6-0 (2-0)

It's been a test of my patience. Lucky for us the schedule got messed up and the youth of this team hasn't shown it's face yet. We're lacking in the trenches and skill positions. RS Freshman Eugene Scott hasn't shown the consistency throwing the ball that we want to see so we've stuck with Joe Stave at QB. We're somehow 6-0 with our terrible defense. We have just found ways to win. Our defense has given up tons of plays, tons of points, huge chunk plays but they've also gotten big interceptions and scored a bunch of defensive points. Special teams has been great for us, we have a kicker who hasn't had a kickoff returned out of the endzone, mainly because it goes through the uprights. Jenial Jean has done an excellent job on KR & PR, I think he leads the nations in touchdowns. It hasn't been easy by far. We've had guys step up and bail us out.

Offensive Playmakers

[​IMG]
    HB Melvin Gordon: 96 Att, 668 Yards, 6 TD
    • I love this kid, he's little but he's crazy fast. I think he's hit the century mark every game except the FCS game where he probably carried the ball only once or twice before I benched him and kept him healthy. We're going to miss him for the next week or two. I hope he comes back for his senior season.
    [​IMG]
    HB Vonte Jackson: 50 Att, 318 Yards, 4 TD
    • He's only a sophomore but another kid that I'm glad has the W on the side of his helmet. He's rarely loses yards on a run or goes backwards. He could use a little more speed but he's very effective. Only get's about half of the work that Gordon gets but the next few weeks, the offense will rely on Jackson.
    [​IMG]
    WR Isaiah Williams: 21 Rec, 424 Yards, 6 TD
    • He can't replace Abbrederis, not many people can but when we need a big play, this guy steps up to the plate. He's a 6'1 Senior from Miami, not the greatest hands in the world but he's got great acceleration and quick top speed. It's definitely not his fault he hasn't gotten the ball more, that is credit to missing Danny O'Brien.
    Defensive Playmakers

[​IMG]
    CB/PR/KR Jenial Jean: 23 Tackles, 1 TFL, 5 INT, FRec (16 KR, 645 Yards, 3 TD, 12 PR, 280 Yards, 3 TD)
    • He's come up with some huge interceptions, including the one seen above that kept Illinois out of the endzone. We've had issues catching interceptions the past two years and this guy has made up for his drops in the past.
    [​IMG]
    CB Devin Gaulden: 26 Tackles, 3 TFL, 4 INT
    • This guy went crazy to start the season. He was averaging at least 1 INT per game before he injured his back. He snagged an interception against Michigan State and fell awkward on the tackle. He might could play this upcoming week but we're going to hold him out 1 more just for precaution.
    Big Games Remaining

Week 9 @ #7 Northwestern: They could be ranked higher by the time we get their. Head coach Schreck has announced he wont be able to be at the game with other commitments but either way, a hostile crowd & a top ranked team, it'll be a tough game for us.

Week 10 vs Nebraska: They've been struggling but they give us a problem every season. It's a rivalry game but we'll have the crowd on our season

Week 13 vs #9 Ohio State: Another team that will probably be much higher ranked when they arrive. They got us pretty good last year up in Columbus. They've returned most of their talent which is flat scary. If things stay the same, this will determine who will represent our side of the division. Big Big Game.

I think with the way domino's have fallen, we might end up 10-2 or 11-1. I don't see us competing with the Buckeyes this season. Coach Evans has got the ball rolling up in Columbus and they have a ton of talent. They play smart and physical. We can't look ahead either with the lack of talent & experience we take on the field every week. If we run into a strong defensive team, we're in trouble because we sure as hell can't stop anybody.

4. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    nwestern.gif
    #7 4-0 (2-0)
    Coming into the season there were a lot of unknowns for the Wildcats. Following a fairly successful season the year prior, a new staff came in to build on that and bring the team to the next level. The team started the season with a tough matchup against Cal sandwiched between 3 bye weeks, unfortunately after what felt like hundreds of attempts to play the game, no connection could be made and it had to be simmed. NW came away with the cheap victory in that one, it's still a shame it had to come that way. The season got off to a slow start when the team barely snuck by a weak NIU team and the offense looked confused and unsure of how to run the system. The next week against conference bottom dweller Indiana also started slowly, before the team finally came to life in the second half to win convincingly and followed that up with another pounding of a weak B1G team in Purdue.
    The defense has basically been of the bend but don't break variety, as there are few playmakers and we haven't been able to force much pressure or cause many turnovers. Going to have to play smart on that side of the ball and make teams work for yards. Offensively, QB Trevor Siemian has been solid, but has the occasional ball fly 10 yards away from his target. RB Treyvon Green has been the workhorse, while receiver Kyle Prater has come up huge in the passing game.
    Offensive Playmakers
    QB Trevor Siemian
    Stats: 53-101 924 Yards 8 TD 5 Int 231 YPG 52%
    The RS Senior has been inconsistent, but come up big when the team has needed him. He's got the arm to do some damage, he just needs to learn to pick his spots better and calm down and make his throws.
    RB Treyvon Green
    Stats: 96 Attempts 526 yards 5.5 AVG 3 TD 131.5 YPG
    The senior has really put the team on his back in the early going, leading many long clock eating drives. Unfortunately, by the time we get to the redzone he often needs to come out for some air, so he hasn't gotten a lot of TD's. He's not a big play guy, but he moves the chains and fights for extra yardage.
    WR Kyle Prater
    Stats: 21 Receptions 439 Yards 5 TD 110 YPG 1 Drop
    After toying with the idea of going pro and bypassing his 5th year, NW is lucky to have this 6-5 veteran. He has come up with a lot of huge plays, and is a great target on 3rd down. He has great hands and good enough speed for a big guy.
    Defensive Playmakers
    DE Deonte Gibson
    Stats: 7Total Tackles 7 TFL 3 Sacks
    The RS Junior doesn't have the best skills out there, but he's an effort guy that never quits.
    MLB Collin Ellis
    Stats: 17 Tackles 8 TFL 6 Sacks 1 FF
    This RS Senior is the heart of the defense and has had a surprising knack for getting after the QB. NW tries to vary the blitz/coverages out of our 3-4 and when Ellis goes in, he seems to get there.
    SS Ibraheim Campbell
    Stats: 22 Tackles 3 TFL 0 INT
    This guy brings a lot of talent and speed to the table, seems to get involved in every play. Would like to see him cause more TO's, but that should come for the 93 OVR RS Junior.
    Big Games Remaining
    Week 9 vs #5 Wisconsin: This will be the biggest test of the season for NW and show whether they are a product of the soft schedule or for real. 1st chance to play a user in the Redshirts, hope I don't embarrass myself too bad.
    Week 11 vs #17 Miami: The only ranked cpu team left on the schedule.
    Week 12 @ #19 Michigan: AJ and I had several great battles in our BCS Blowup league last year, which I always seemed to find a way to piss away at the end. This should be a tough battle for the right to play for the B1G Championship. This will be a no holds barred slugfest.
    We are one of the few teams with the chance to control our own destiny, if we can somehow navigate our user games and luck into wins, the sky is the limit for this team. Most of the cpu games are against good teams like MSU, Iowa and Miami, so those won't be gimmes either. Considering our team though, I'd say a 10-2 finish is a reasonable guess, most likely coming up short against the more established user teams and settling for a nice bowl and looking to build for the future.

5. PAgamer07

6. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

It says midseason assessment. I only have two games left. ;) We beat Cal everyone but Screw is happy.

7. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

#12 USC 5-1 (3-1)

Overview of the Season so far:

The season has not gone according to plan. After big wins against Stanford and Cal, we completely blew a shot to remain in BCS National Championship discussions with our loss at Utah. "For the remainder of my tenure here, "Said Coach Rockwell. "We will never lose to Utah again. We completely underestimated our game against them, and they came to play and beat us in OT. They WILL be taken seriously from here on out." Our defense had been playing really well prior to this game, and we were very happy with the switch to the 3-4. On offense? It's more of the same although we have much more balance, and really are having some difficulty finding a strong #2 WR. Our Tight Ends are seeing much more action, and we expect that to continue through the year. Obviously Marqise Lee is still a huge threat, but we can beat you so many ways on offense now.

Offensive Playmakers

[​IMG]

HB Shane Lester "The Endzone Mollestor" - The freshman has exceeded expectations this year. Although he has a propensity of getting a bit dinged up in games due to his small frame, his 7 TD and 4.8 YPC are much better than we expected.

[​IMG]

HB DJ Morgan- This senior happily gave up his starting spot to give Lester a chance to get on the

[​IMG]

WR Marqise Lee is our big time playmaker on offense, and he has it all: Speed, Size, Route running and catching ability. On the season he has 32 catches, for 729 yards and 6 TD

Defensive Playmakers

[​IMG]

Senior MLB Lamar Dawson led the team in tackles and entered the season as a preseason All-American. He is the leader on our defense, and is on his way again and second in tackles.

[​IMG]

My favorite player on the squad, and another senior OLB Hayes Pullard. He has played all over the field in our formations and can handle coverage or stopping the run.

Big Games remaining:

[​IMG] We still have our annual rivalry game with the Ducks and this one will decide the PAC-12 representative in the Championship game and possibly more. There is no way we win this game, as my defense still isn't up to par to slow Thomas and Bennett and company.

[​IMG] Yes Notre Dame has been on a bit of a skid this year, but it's still Notre Dame. They will give us a helluva fight and we will be lucky to win this one. We struggle with the no-huddle and this one is one of the best in the country.

We haven't been happy with Kessler's play at QB. He turns the ball over more than Barkley ever did, and he needs to improve here if we have a shot to win some more games. Our running game is solid, I like our pass protection and our weapons in the receiving game. But QB play needs to improve. We will continue to be a balanced offense, but will also stretch the field with the deep ball. We have too much speed to not stretch the field. On defense? We cant have a repeat performance of our game against Utah. OUr defense was picked apart and that is to be expected with a new scheme. We really expect to lose 2 more games. So with only 11 on the schedule, we are looking at an 8-3 year.

8. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

[​IMG]
    #3 6-0 (4-0)
    There wasn't to much hype surrounding the Gamecocks before the season. They lost Marcus Lattimore, Connor Shaw, and Ace Sanders to the draft. That was about 75% of the total offense last season. Last year we got as high #2 before going on a 4 game losing streak. Despite that still managed to finish in the top 20 and began the season ranked around 15th.

It's been up and down all season. One week a blowout, the next Vanderbilt is forcing overtime. The first 3 weeks on offense were brutal. It was a battle between speedster Watkins and McEvoy who is a traditional pocket passer. Through the first 3 weeks there was about 90 yards average per game in the passing category. McEvoy is now the full time starter and has been throwing it around well posting 70% passing completion games the last two games. The running back position has seen a change too. Brandon Wilds who lead the team in touchdowns last season got beat out by Shon Carson who is a poor man's Jacquizz Rodgers.

Offensive Playmakers
    QB Mark Watkins
    [​IMG]
    Stats: 35-60, 517 yards, 7 touchdowns, 5 interceptions
    42 rushing attempts, 351 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Despite being benched as the starter Watkins still made some plays early in the season and had the game winning run in week 6 against Kentucky. It's to bad this talent came in already has a junior and not a true freshman.

WR Bruce Ellington
    Stats: 18 receptions, 305 yards, 3 touchdowns

Ellington has been the favorite target for both quarterbacks so far. In two consecutive weeks Ellington took a curl and made the defender missed and went for a long touchdown to start the game off.
    Defensive Playmakers

DE Jadeveon Clowney
    Stats: 13 tackles, 9 tfl, 7 sacks
    Clowney is finally doing something. Lazy piece of shit only had like 7 sacks last year so it's good to see him already getting about 1 a game.

CB Cadarious Sanders

Stats: 14 tackles, 2 tfl, 1 sack, 3 interceptions

Sanders is leading the team in interceptions, but that isn't hard to do since the team only has 5 total.
    Big Games Remaining
    This stretch of games is where the 4 game losing streak last year happened. If we come through undefeated here then only Clemson stands in the way of the CCG and getting to face Alabama

Week 10 and 11 are CPU games against Georgia and Tennessee. Last year I lost to Tennessee is a sim. Then I played Georgia and they beat the fuck out of me.

Week 12: #6 Arkansas - Last year DNF finally got over the hump and beat me. With a really shitty team this year it will be tougher for him, but I'm sure I'll choke and lose.

Week 13: #8 Florida - Got my ass whipped by Florida last year. Probably will this year too.

Well If I can get through the gauntlet of weeks 12 and 13 I just have to take down Clemson and be in the CCG. I am gonna go into Screw mode and give them 0 chance of winning.

• Like Like x 1
  9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

#5 Crimson Tide (7-1)(4-1)

Pretty good season so far. No CPU teams make me nervous. The hardest game I've gotten this release was against UConn. I beat DNF (barely) which was a great win only to lose in the rain to Florida. My WRs just weren't able to secure game clinching 3rd down catches.

Offensive Playmakers
    QB Mike Green - Pretty good freshman. Have gone with him over the others due to his higher carry rating (make fun now Jesse, idc) and his running ability. He has subpar accuracy but that hasn't cost me a game yet. WRs with 90+ CTH ratings have. Is completing 71% with 13 TDs to 2 INTs. Also has 430 yds rushing and 6 TDs.
    RB Blake Sims - The NCAA leader in yardage and Heisman front runner is a beast. He follows blocks well and has the speed to take it the distance. His 3 TDs against florida couldn't lift the team. 128 car - 1100 yds - 12 TDs.

Defensive Playmakers
    MLB Trey Depriest - Leader of the defense is making a name for himself with 3 sacks and 4 INTs so far. Leads the team in tackles.
    CB Ryan Hoffman - True freshman with 3 TFL and 2 INTs. He's pretty good but also gave up a long TD to florida.

Big Games Remaining
    Auburn and LSU. Both programs have been on the decline recently and the Tide expect to roll over both. We could get caught if one of them comes to play, but if we just stick to our gameplan, we should emerge victorious.

Alabama should finish the year 11-1. They will most likely await Florida or South Carolina in the CCG and a likely 2nd straight birth in the NCG for the SEC.

10. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

#5 Arkansas Razorbacks 6-1

[​IMG]

Overview of the Season so Far

While the outcomes of the games have gone pretty much as expected, it has been a rocky season for the Razorbacks. After a win against Texas A&M the entire starting offesive skill position starters were bench for the remainder of the season, in their place would be young backups with limited experience. The once vaunted Razorback passing offense has also been shut down, only throwing 12 times the past two weeks. Word out of Fayetteville is that the passing attack has been scrapped and the Hogs will be going to the ground.

Offensive Playmakers

RB Johnathan Williams-Williams is faster than former starter Kody Walker. Williams burst is much better and allows him to get to the edge when Walker couldn't. It looks as though even if Walker was eligible, his place has been taken by Williams.

Defensive Playmakers

MLB Beau Hancock-Hancock is the lifeblood of the defense. After a steller freshman season he has started right where he left off. Hancock looks to be one of the best LBs is school history if he keeps playing like he has his first season and a half.

Big Games Remaining

Week 11 vs #3 South Carolina-The Gamecoacks will be the big favorites in this one, as they should. They are a much more talented team and it will be very tough for these young offensive players to keep up.

Outlook for the remainder of the season

The young Hogs are probably looking at at least 2 more losses, one for sure to the Gamecocks and other to probably LSU.

• Like Like x 1
  11. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

[​IMG]

#6 6-1 (3-0)

Big things were expected of the Buckeyes this year and for the most part we haven't disappointed. The one big exception being a 3 point loss at home to a pesky Virginia Tech team. Otherwise the record is unblemished at this point in the season. None of the other games have really been close except for a 10 point win at Minnesota and a 4 point win at Nebraska without Coach Evans on the sideline. Overall, the offense has been explosive if not consistent. The defense has been very solid, allowing a ton of yards and quite a few points but doing enough in crunch time to seal victories.

Offensive Playmakers

QB Braxton Miller

Stats: Passing - 145/223 (65%) - 1924 Yards - 21 TD - 9 Int; Rushing - 70 attempts - 340 YD - 6 TD

The senior leader of this team as been everything advertised and currently stands 5th in the Heisman race. He has been consistent but needs to cut down on his turnovers for this team to have a chance to really go far this season.

RB Brionte Dunn

Stats: 151 Attempts - 713 yards - 4.7 AVG - 5 TD - 101.8 YPG

The RS Soph was unexpectedly pushed into the starting row a year early after the injury to SR HB Rod Smith on the first drive of the season. He has done admirably, but also doesn't have to shoulder the load like on Buckeye teams of the past as this is a pass first offense now. Although he lacks breakaway speed, he has definitely been solid but still has plenty of room to improve.

WR Devin Smith
    WR Evans Spencer

Stats:
    Smith: 31 Receptions - 491 Yards - 6 TD
    Spencer: 41 Receptions - 435 yards - 4 TD

The senior bookend wide receivers have been the main recipients of an offense that likes to spread the ball around. Both are living up to the hype and have an outside chance at 1000 yard seasons.

Defensive Playmakers
    MLB Curtis Grant

Stats: 31 Total Tackles - 11 TFL - 3 Sacks - 1 Fumble Forced

The SR leader of this defense seems to be everywhere on the field. Overall though, this is a defense with few stars and they really do a good job spreading the stats around.

SS Elgin Smith

Stats: 29 Tackles - 6 TFL - 1 Sack - 1 INT

This redshirt freshman was one of the big question marks on this team but he has played well alongside fellow first year starter, FS Najee Murray (2 Interceptions). While they have been somewhat incosistent, they are learning quickly on the job and have allowed the defense to stay balanced.
    Big Games Remaining

Week 13 at #1 Wisconsin: We got by this budding rival last year at home. Things are going to be much harder this year on the road at Camp Randall, where the Buckeyes always struggle. You can bet that the Badgers have revenge on their mind and they have been rolling so far this season

Week 14 vs #15 "The team up North": Another team we barely got by last year in the Shit House. This years game is at home so that is good, but Coach Hart was none too pleased with how the game went down last year so look for them to come to Columbus fired up and looking to return the favor this season.

We control our own destiny in the B1G, if not in the national title picture at this point. Although the schedule doesn't look tough, at least on paper, until the last two weeks of the season, the key here is to stay focused leading up to the Wisconsin game, then pull two wins out of our ass again this year to win the division. We definitely aren't looking too far ahead though, as this team isn't good enough to overlook anyone.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012