Midseason Q&A

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

Well gentlemen we are halfway through season #1 of the Chompion’s League. Time to see what you all think about how the season has gone so far and what you think will happen in the next 6-7 weeks.

Q. Who is your standout freshman so far?
    Q. Who do you think will win the Heisman?
    Q. Are you in a better state then when you started the season or worse?
    Q. Who has been your standout player thus far?
    Q. Who has underperformed or is overrated thus far?
    Q. Which team(s) has been an effin hassle for you so far?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ben

Ben Walk On

A. Keith Marshall, 2nd string RB, for sure is my best freshman so far. Heck, he is one of my only freshman.

A. Probably Marcus Lattimore. He pretty much has 1k yards rushing and its only the halfway point. He is crazy good.

A. A worse state. Started the season ranked 6th in the nation, now I'm ranked 12th with a loss.

Q. Who has been your standout player(s) thus far?

A. Ken Malcome and Tavarres King for sure. They have done incredible things so far.

A. Aaron Murray for sure. He has been mediocre at best so far.

A. South Carolina. They killed me on the ground and through the air.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hard to say, no freshmen starters on this team. It's really a toss up between Adolphus Washington and Noah Spence, my two freshmen defensive ends who have combined for 7 sacks while getting some play in my deep DL rotation.
    Too early to tell. I think that Montee Ball has a chance to make a surge back to the top this seasn. Glen Cieske has used him well, but I think you will see him use Ball more and more as the Badgers try to stay undefeated. EJ Manual is my darkhorse, Stiffysix is putting up some serious numbers with him.
    Better. I knew that I had a chance to be 7-0 at this point, my schedule isn't that tough, but I didn't really expect it. Nebraska has been worse than expected and Cal wasn't that great, but I was really impressed with my comeback on the road against Michigan State. My team is set to be undefeated going into my final two games against Wisconsin and Michigan. I viewed this year as a year to refine my offense and build for 2013-2014 (my team is STACKED next season) but we are right in the middle of the championship hunt.
    Offensively it's been Braxton Miller. He has struggled at times, but he has been absolutely clutch and is the prime reason for my 7-0 record. Against UCF, he led a 16-play 5+ minute drive to win the game. Against Michigan State, he converted countless third downs by making something out of nothing, was the major factor in my comeback and drove our offense down field with just more than a minute left in the game to put it in overtime. He has been incredible when I've called his number and is really setting himself up to be a Heisman candidate next year. Defensively, John Simon has been dominant and will be a leading candidate for most defensive awards.
    Jordan Hall, though he is starting to turn it around. He struggled early this season and hasn't been the playmaker I needed him to be. Part of this can be attributed to the fact that he doesn't have the skill set to be a Percy Harvin/Jeff Demps type of weapon. Fortunately, Carlos Hyde has stepped up and has been anywhere between adequate-exceptional as a power runner out of the pistol.
    Central Florida took me down to the wire and I almost lost, pulled it out 38-31. In reality the score was much closer than it should have. I was up 31-14, they threw a 50+ yard touchdown on 4th down that should have been broken up. Then I got antsy and threw a pick six on the next play. But nonetheless, they gave me a scare. Michigan State was obviously tough, went into 2 OT, but that was expected.

Q. Adding 1 More (@coocath). Excluding your own conference, who are your picks to win the Big 10/SEC/ACC?The SEC is such a tossup, it's been the most entertaining storyline of the dynasty so far in my opinion. Who knows who will win the SEC East, with South Carolina beating Georgia last week they are still alive, but Florida has been a big surprise. That Florida-Georgia game is going to have some serious implications. In the west, I like Auburn at this point. That win last week was HUGE and Fred Limbo seems to have a lot of positive momentum with that squad. He also already beat LSU. I think we see an Auburn-Georgia game in the SEC Championship, and i've got Auburn in that one.

The ACC is a little more clear. CJTHA1 has been solid (and unbelievable on defense), but his offense has struggled. I like Florida State to win the conference and earn a spot in the title game

• Like Like x 1
  4. wayers50

wayers50 Walk On

Arkansas Razorbacks
    Well I don't have a lot of freshman playing that much because my starting defense and offense are seniors and juniors, but I'd have to go with my CB Davyon McKinnie. He has 15 tackles and 2 tackles for loss.
    I'd have to say better because I've learned a lot about this team.
    QB Tyler Wilson
    I'd have to go with my FS Ross Rasner. I think he is overrated. He has dropped a lot of interceptions this year and miss quite a few tackles.
    Well I'd have to go with that team in Auburn Fred Limbo . We had a great game and he squeaked one out in the end, but thats ok, he has to come to Fayetteville next year;)
    Q. Excluding your own conference, who are your picks to win the Big 10/SEC/ACC?
    For the Big 10 I'm going to go with Wisconsin. For the Sec I'm going to go with Auburn, and for the ACC I'm going to say Virginia Tech.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Q. Who is your standout freshman so far? I'm going with Donaldven Manning the freshman conerback. He has been a pleasent surprise for me. He has 32 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 2 sacks, 2 Int's, 5 pass deflections and 1 fumble recovery.
    Q. Who do you think will win the Heisman? Im going with Monte Ball with EJ Manuel and DeAnthony Thomas still having a chance to win it.
    Q. Are you in a better state then when you started the season or worse? My defense was gotten much better while my offense still needs work.
    Q. Who has been your standout player thus far? DE James Gayle has been the standout on defense leading the team with 6.5 sacks to go along with 26 tackles and 15 tackles for loss
    Q. Who has underperformed or is overrated thus far? I'm going with Logan Thomas because he hasn't been able to take the offense over the hump. He has had games in which he has made some poor choices with the football
    Q. Which team(s) has been an effin hassle for you so far? The Cincy Bearcats because their defense was better than i thought and i needed a 4th quarter drive to beat them.
    Q. Excluding your own conference, who are your picks to win the Big 10/SEC/ACC? For the Big 10 i got Wisconsin and for the SEC i too am going with Auburn

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Looks like I'm the underdog to win the B1G

7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Your not the only underdog trust me on that lol

8. Ben

Ben Walk On

I'm getting no love in the SEC. Maybe this play will remind you what the Dawgs are about!

i cant wait to play you @JonJonAnderson

• Like Like x 1
  9. jandy

jandy Walk On

I guess it would have to be DT Ondre Pipkins because he's the only Freshman that's getting much playing time. On the recruiting front, the #38 athlete, gem of a recruit looks like he'll be coming to Ann Arbor to play quarterback next year. More to come on this young man.

The best offensive player on the #1 ranked team. There is still a lot of football to be played this year, and I don't think the darkhorse has revealed himself yet.

Q. Are you in a better state then when you started the season or worse?I think we're right where we wanted to be. We survived our biggest test in Alabama, and with only 1 loss after week 7, I'm feeling pretty good. Sparty comes to town next week, in what will be a huge game in the Big Ten.

QB Denard Robinson for sure. He hasn't passed all that well this year, but his running has been the difference in most games.

QB Denard Robinson. His passing has been subpar thus far, and if Michigan expects to win the Big Ten Championship, it is vital that he improves upon his numbers.

Alabama in week 1. Denard went down with an injury in the second half while I was trailing, and things looked very bleak for the Wolverines. However, Devin Gardner stepped up and led Michigan to the victory over the #1 ranked Crimson Tide.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

I dont have any freshman playing this year. Check back with me next year!​
    Q. Who do you think will will win the heisman
    Deanthony Thomas
    Yea i went from 25th ranked to 8th at the moment!
    QB Brisset has been playing as good as he can.
    My whole defense is overated in this game!
    Bowling green was better than i thought! Kentucky was too!

11. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

I'm going to go ahead and say redshirts count, in which case QB Everett Golson has been a stud for me. His performance arguably won me the Michigan game, and he has come up in the clutch time after time since I made the switch to him at quarterback.
    First off, fuck A.J. Blue. I like E.J. Manuel or Montee Ball. Putting up high numbers and and playing for teams that look to have a good shot at running the table or at least playing in a BCS game. That means a lot in the Heisman race.
    Much better. I honestly had low expectations coming into this season considering I did not play last year's game and I was very unfamiliar with Notre Dame's team. Yet, here I am, sitting 5-1 with a big win over Michigan and a top five class in the country with four #1 players at their position already signed to my team. The Championship Contender feature rates me as being a top 4 team the next three seasons and I plan on living up to that hype.
    I honestly can't choose a clear winner here. One game it's Cierre Wood dominating. The next it's Tommy Rees, but a week later he's awful. Enter Tyler Eifert or Everett Golson who have great weeks, but struggle the next. I don't have a true consistent playmaker, but every week I can find someone in my offense who can step up. I like it that way, because no matter how the defense plans to stop me, I know someone can take them by surprise and keep me in a ball game.
    Tommy Rees has disappointed me a bit. I've always been a pocket QB guy, and in the beginning of the year it looked like Rees was my dude. However, he struggled in my loss to MSU and was inconsistent in a few other games. which prompted me to reconsider his value. I've since started to use Everett Golson and have been really happy with the results. Despite his ratings, I just feel Rees is not a Notre Dame QB. His head is not in the game, and I feel it's time to move on to Golson and Gunner Kiel in the future.
    Michigan State. I honestly think I was psyched out by playing my true favorite school, but I had no answer to them defensively. If I tried to stop the pass, Le'Veon Bell would rip apart my run game. If I keyed in on Bell, first-year QB Andrew Maxwell found an open receiver. I had no problems scoring on their superb defense, but for whatever reason, they destroyed me offensively and it was frustrating.
    ACC - Florida State
    SEC - Auburn
    BIG 10 - Michigan

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Q. Who is your standout freshman so far? No freshman playing at all, next year will probably be a different story

Q. Who do you think will win the Heisman? FSU's EJ Manuel his numbers have been off the charts
    Q. Are you in a better state then when you started the season or worse? Well I'm ranked #4 right now so I would say better
    Q. Who has been your standout player thus far? Defensively Jordan Kohout and Peniel Jean; Jean leads the team with 4 INT and Kohout leads the teams with 9.5 sacks, On Offense I would have to say Danny O'Brien he doesnt have outstanding numbers (80/120 1289 Yds 13 TD 2 INT) but he hasn't lost games.
    Q. Who has underperformed or is overrated thus far? I would have to say Ball 803 Yds 5.2 Avg 7 TD, 15 rec 178 Yds 2 TD; With the hype coming into the season I was expecting to have better numbers with him.
    Q. Which team(s) has been an effin hassle for you so far? Oregon State has been my biggest pain, luckily I pulled the game out and have not looked back.

13. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

kellan smith, he is the only freshman that is first string
    EJ maneul, of course im gonna say him!
    way better, ranked #2 in the country with the #2 recruiting class in the country projected to be #1 for 2014 and 2015
    ej manuel and WR rodney smith 39 catches for 1041 and 14 TDs
    5th year senior moses mccray, only has 1 sack this year!
    all of them except for those FCS teams. i have had nothing but scares so far thinking i was beat for sure on a couple of them.
    Q. Excluding your own conference, who are your picks to win the Big 10/SEC/ACC?
    BIG 10-wisconsin, alot of talent on that team.
    SEC- auburn, have played Fred Limbo many times and as bad as i hate to say it he has some skills, almost enough to beat me! lol

• Like Like x 1