Midseason Recruiting Review

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Dec 22, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

1 - Spartans - 1 :5stars: 7 :4stars: - the play on the field has been less than superb this season but the buzz in East Lansing is growing as coach JC continues to thrive off the field putting together the #1 recruiting class. The stud of this class is currently TE J. Barbour the sole five star recruit but the talent being assembled on the OL with 4 :4stars: already signed is impressive. Good thing too cause it's unlikely that 6th prestige star sticks around next season.

4 - Georgia 1 :5stars: 5 :4stars: - Bills at it again, trying to land the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Kinda makes me wonder if he's getting bored yet. The star of this class is the #1 WR in the land T. Motley. That's two seasons in a row of the #1 WR going to UGA, can't any of you other guys battle with him?

8 - Stanford 6 :4stars: 2 :2stars: - Masler's putting together a nice class in a down season. Like Sparty, the biggest impact is on the front line where he's signed 4 :4stars: OL. Will this group be the ones to help the North win a Pac-12 title finally?

11 - ASU - 1 :5stars: 4 :4stars: - The devils are heating up on the recruiting trail to match their on field performance. The noteworthy signee here is WR K. Rucker. The 5 star wide receive should make a splash with the Sun Devils and add to the weapons on offense as we're already seeing from their young HB.

13 - Washington - 1 :4stars: 9 :3stars: The huskies and Randy are putting together a solid class this season with 10 signees already. WR M. Joseph is the lone four star and at 6'2" may give Randy the NFL type WR he likes in his pro style system. The remainder of this class is pretty balanced and adds depth across the board.

20 - Ole Miss - 1 :5stars: 3 :4stars: - Stud WR. A. James helps push the OM class this high in the rankings as the lone 5 star recruit. The other big signing may be G C. Gore who at 6'4" 315 lbs could be a big time player in OM's run game.

30 - Tennessee 1 :5stars: 2 :4stars: - Tennessee's class is a little light at this point in the season but the big signing of 5 star WR S. Spencer has a lot of people excited. At 6' 160 lbs it will be interesting to see if he can stand up to the SEC punishment. The Vols have plenty of room for growth in this class remaining.

31 - Northwestern 2 :4stars: 4 :3stars: - NU got off to a quick start signing 2 four stars early in the season and has been picking up additional signings along the way. With 10 scholarships remaining there's still a ways to go and plenty of holes that still need to be filled.

48 - Wisconsin 3 :4stars: - Is this a small class for Dakota's badgers? It looks like it. This far along in the season the back to back national champs should have a much larger and stronger class signed but perhaps their talent and depth is turning potential recruits away.

49 - LSU 3 :4stars: New Coach Dwreck hasn't found a lot of success on the recruiting trail. Sadly he's even had his home state poached by Georgia. LSU will need to rebound quickly to keep things going and stay competitive with Georgia setting the pace.

62 - Arizona 1 :4stars: 2 :3stars: - I'm wondering if UofC is spending too much time in his other dynasties. With only three recruits signed he's in last place among his competitors in the Pac-12 and that's not a good place to be. The gap between the instate Arizona schools may be growing too wide this season.

95 - Michigan 1 :4stars: - What's going on in Ann Arbor? The perennial power (and as jello will tell you the winningest program in CFB history) is not having a great season on the recruiting trail with only 1 recruit signed. QB E. Thompson is the only signee to date and he better get working the text messages to fellow recruits cause he's certainly going to need more help in this class. And as if the sting of losing a close one to the Spartans wasn't bad enough, now to have them #1 on the recruiting trail while U of M is ranked 95th. Ouch!

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona's just having trouble having people put the bow on their commitment. UofC has 3 :4stars: cruits that I'm first for and are just weeks away from commitment. I have the potential of getting 5 more :4stars: cruits this season. We're just having trouble with the commitment-fobes of the world.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's just too early to get a feel for the classes yet. I'm currently in very heated battles with dakota7, blLL flo, and Darkwing for some premium :5stars: talent (and I'd guess all 3 will make their decisions this week). That's why you bastards ( GoGators and Dwreck ) need to hurry yer asses up so we can advance and see what the recruits have decided!

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Up is down. Black is white. Cats and dogs living together......total anarchy!!

I had an instant commit this week on another :4stars:and I expect 2 and possibly 3 :5stars: commits once we advance, so no fear kids, all will soon be right in the world once again.

5. dakota7

Oh, and GoGators is this what you mean by "working from home"??

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, i'm getting bits done here and there lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jello1717

This is what I always meant by "working from home."

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

GoGators...I have an O Line that already helped with us a Pac-12 Title two seasons ago, same O Line that blew the National Championship :)

9. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

The state of Georgia is loaded with talent. Not to mention having pipelines in FL, TX, LA, AL, and SC. No one can really put up much of a fight in those states, so that's why I'm venturing out to CA and trying to take from jello1717 hot bed.

There will be 3 more :5stars: signing with UGA, and possibly 2 additional top recruits as well. After that, we'll have a few more regular season :4stars: then we will wait to see what the off-season brings.

10. jello1717

Did you really get a X2 on Williams this week?

11. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I had x2 last week but it wasn't for Williams. I guess I'll take the #1 FS and SS as a consolation lol.

12. jello1717

Williams shits on the #1 FS and SS!

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

He is faster and more athletic, but my guys tackle and cover better. Like I said, a nice consolation prize. I didn't have all my eggs in one basket with Williams, I just thought it'd be fun to try and steal a guy from out west.

14. jello1717

I'm really curious to see how Williams does. As an ATH he's a better catcher than true safeties and even corners. I've found that my guys with shitty CTH ratings get lots of deflections cuz they just drop everything while the rare secondary guy I have with decent catching get lots of INTs.

15. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

He will be good. He will be flying to the ball. It may take him a few seasons before he is bringing the wood but by his 3rd and 4th seasons he will be a force. My guys have C and C+ catch ratings as well so they are right there with Williams.

16. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Yeah, I was surprised at the lack of top-flight recruits interested in LSU and the ones that were all had other user teams (usually at least 2) ahead of me so I was constantly trying to play catch-up which is almost impossible. Also I only have FL, LA and TX as pipeline and all 4 of my Florida players are leaving this year so I am going to have to sign some scrubs just to try to keep a FL pipeline. Rough one.

17. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

...and I don't have any home games for visits between week 3 and week 9.

18. dakota7

That sucks. Nothing worse than watching your recruits visit other schools while you can't do anything about it.