Midseason Reflections

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Mar 26, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm stealing this idea from HK, haha. After this week we will be right in the middle of season one.

Answer these simple questions..

Who has been your team MVP?

Who has been your OMVP?

Who has been your DMVP?

How did the FA bidding period and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why?

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far?

Any rules you would like to see, going forward?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    fuzzyl0gic

your not stealing man! we are all in this together!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm stealing this idea from HK, haha. After this week we will be right in the middle of season one.

Who has been your team MVP? Shonn Greene, no doubt

Who has been your OMVP? Greene

Who has been your DMVP? Revis Island baby!

How did the FA bidding period and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team? I got some much needed depth, and they play their share of snaps and have yet to let me down!

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)? Two words... Matt Flynn. Revis for DMVP!

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? You Fuzzy, I want to go to bed and you make me do this.. lol

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why? LSUTRUTH from who I have played so far, but everyone has been a good sport.

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far? Fuzzy with his magic trade..

Any rules you would like to see, going forward? Less hot routing allowed...please?

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

[​IMG]

Roy Helu, 5th in rushing yardage in the league and only a rookie.

Who has been your OMVP?

Helu

Who has been your DMVP?

London Fletcher, 18 tkls and 6 INTs (T-2nd in the league)

How did the FA bidding period and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?

Mainly depth moves in FA apart from David Garrard who is playing well considering the lack of offensive talent. (10th in the league in QB rating)

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?

Too early too tell but the players I've had the most trouble with so far are Shawne Merriman and Victor Cruz.

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)

Shaun Mason, that dudes a real dick. =]

I Peench was my best game this year.

Not sure, but as stated above I had the most fun against Peench and he kicked my ass and has a good record.

Limiting the number of trades a team can make per season. Not a fan of the amount of player/pick swapping going on.

Somehow reducing the number of throws over the middle, almost no one throws outside the numbers and if they do its less than a handful of times a game.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. fuzzyl0gic

Panthers Mid-season Review

I'm going to say the WHOLE oline. They've opened up big holes for the running game, and they give Cam plenty of time in the pocket.

Who has been your OMVP?

DeAngelo Williams has gotten us through some tough games in the first half of our season. He had two 200+ yard games that we surely would not of won without his performance.

Who has been your DMVP?

Chris Gamble is having a great year so far, recording 12 tackles and 4 ints. Two of those were pick sixes, at crucial points in the game.

We didn't do much in FA bidding, but we made a lot of noise with trades. We now have Greg Jennings and Steven Johnson as the starting WRs, with Chaz Schilens in the slot. HB Jonathan Stewart is gone, along with Steve Smith. CB Derek Cox was obtained from the Jags for a first round pick, and young and promising CB Chris Culliver plays the nickel position (obtained from 49ers). Culliver already has 2 ints in 3 games, and Jennings/Johnson/Schilens have improved the passing game tremoundously.

MVP: Matt Flynn
    OPTY: Calvin Johnson
    DPTY: Tanard Jackson
    GM: Dolphins
    COACH: bjbdahitman
    OROTY: Roy Helu
    DROTY: Richard Sherman

I haven't had any problems yet. :)

Of the people I've played, they've all been good sports.

Tough to say so early, I'm going to go with the Chiefs for now.

I agree with Kasper, less hot routing. Hearing Z! Z! Z! 20 times before the snap just makes me shake my head.

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Buffalo Bills Mid-season Report
    [​IMG]
    • The Bills do not have a MVP per se. All of these guys have contributed somewhat to the teams success but none are MVP caliber.
    Who has been your OMVP?
    • CJ Spiller. The guy has converted most of my 3rd downs, has done a terrific job returning kicks, and is now found himself in the #1 spot.
    Who has been your DMVP?
    • Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman. He flies to the ball no matter where it is on the field and he shows great leadership to this young squad.
    • The trades have helped because they have opened up spots for others with the potential to do great things. Colston, Hartline, and Routt have upgraded the offense and defense respectively.
    • MVP: Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles
    • OPTY: Lions WR Calvin Johnson
    • DPTY: Panthers MLB Jon Beason
    • GM: Tennessee Titans
    • Coach: LSUTRUTH
    • OROTY: Bucs RB Noel Divine
    • DROTY: Saints LOLB Martez Wilson
    • No one so far
    • Everyone has been terrific to interact with before, during and after the game
    • The edge goes to the Chiefs but the Dolphin's owner is nipping at his heels
    • Limit the trading per team

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Rodgers says Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!

8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

MIAMI DOLPHINS​
    Matt Flynn has come in and really helped solidify the Dolphins offense and team.
    Who has been your OMVP?
    I cant give it to Flynn as he is the team MVP. This would have to be Reggie Bush he is just so special.

Who has been your DMVP?
    Tie Between Cam Wake and Reggie Nelson. Both players have constantly provided big plays when needed.

Changed the whole landscape of my team. Almost every key player on my team has been an acquisition.

MVP: Matt Flynn (highest QB rating. Great TD/INT ratio) and he plays for me :) LOL
    OPTY: Jamal Charles he has been sick
    DPTY: Red Bryant averages over a sack a game and hasnt posted a 0 in that column yet.
    GM: Panthers(Fuzzylogic) has made some good moves
    COACH: Chiefs bjmasijsidjkscm or however you spell his name. He has been impressive
    OROTY: Andy Dalton he should of won in real life has been consistent
    DROTY: Mason Foster leading tackler for rookies and addes 5 INT baller

That one guy............ You know jbsdjdjsd....................Yea thats him........

So far this has been great Peench was a great sport about our game as well as Kasper. Two guys i have really enjoyed playing

I have 0 clue as im a newbeeeeeeeee

Nope im happy this is sweet

:) LSU OUT

9. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Jamaal Charles
    Who has been your OMVP?
    Jamaal Charles
    Who has been your DMVP?
    tough call I would say either Derrick Johnson or Eric Berry
    I didn't get any f.a.'s but trading pretty much filled my biggest needs... I feel like the players I've gotten via trade have made a nice impact...
    MVP: Jamaal Charles (not being bias)
    OPTY: Matt Flynn
    DPTY: Red Bryant
    GM: fuzzyl0gic
    Coach: The Natural
    ORTY: Roy Helu or Andy Dalton
    DPTY: Martez Wilson
    Me... Lol
    kdpnutter... I had a bad call against him, and he showed nothing but class... nutter sorry again
    fuzzyl0gic... Always has a solid team, and makes great GM moves...
    Not that I can think of...

10. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

fuzzyl0gic this was a great idea... Love the stuff you guys do...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Patrick Willis

Who has been your OMVP?
    Frank Gore

Who has been your DMVP?
    Patrick Willis

TO has turned out to be a huge signing for me. Still need time to see how the other ones will pan out.

Janikowski, Johnson Jr, Willis, Natural for the Britt thievery, BJB, Roy Helu, Martez Wilson

Probably me, since I've missed the last 4 games.

The Broncos, because haters gonna hate.

BJB

Ties should be settled in the Octagon.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Owen Daniels, the guy is a beast at tight end.

Who has been your OMVP?
    I've been spreading the ball around, but Andre Johnson takes so much pressure off everyone else.

Who has been your DMVP?
    My whole defensive unit has done well. I'll go with Jonathon Joseph, he is a machine.

The only real significant additions I made were Mount Cody and Justin Gage, both have been solid.

I refuse to vote in the player awards, due to the proliferation of statistical prostitution.

GM -> The Natural has been making crazy good moves.
    Coach -> Pagamer07...for never playing Madden he is starting to be scary.

bawvu97, he is a jerk!:)

Shout out to GovernedSpy, he is in a tough division and has been plugging away.

The Natural has set the bar pretty high, cheese and all.:)

This isn't really a fair question since I get to make the rules.

13. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Who has been your team MVP? RB Chris Johnson, my passing game has been LESS than stellar so I guess CJ2K gets the nod here.

Who has been your OMVP? See MVP...lol

Who has been your DMVP? SS Jordan Babineaux, has made some clutch INTs and plays faster than his speed rating.

How did the FA bidding period and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team? I signed mostly Olineman and havent really lost a step in terms of running the ball, which I was worried about by moving my OL star Michael Roos. I signed O'Hara who has kept the inside runs clean for the most part.

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?​
    MVP - Jamal Charles, best rusher so far on an undefeated team
    OPTY - See above
    DPTY - DT Karl Klug, 9 sacks as a rookie and could really have 13 the way I can control the middle with him.
    GM - Tennessee Titans, Division leading team, Two 1st Rd picks, Four 2nd round picks, traded away impact players and still winning games; not to mention future Draft picks acquired for the 2013 Draft. (Dont mean to by bias but "toot, toot"...Ive positioned nicely)
    OROY - QB Andy Dalton
    DROY - Martez Wilson

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously) I guess myself since I dont do recaps, accoring to Ghost & Shaun...haha

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why? A lot of ppl have it...so not sure

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far? Myself, I am biased to my moves. Before the "Reboot" I had an AFC Championship appearance and 3 first round Draft picks...Bill Bellicheck (without the Spygate) anybody? Then after the Reboot I have positioned myself again...winning games despite shipping away key players and positioning myself to do extremely well in the Draft.

Any rules you would like to see, going forward? I'd like to see more love given to the Dline users. Ive had some people "whine" about me using Dlineman when it is no different than how somebody sits on LB or FS all game. If you have terrible Olineman; you should work on your offensive line and not blame me for taking advantage of your line. That's like getting mad at someone who has great "Press" CBs and presses your WRs; get better WRs who can beat the press. Guys like XLenceofXQtion and myself use the DLINE...and I think people need to get over that or at least it be as widely accepted as someone who sits on MLB or FS all game. I like the trenches and I'm sorry that I pressure your pretty QBs. Get better lineman; The Natural had great lineman in the AFC Championship game and I couldnt get to him which contributed to my loss...it can be countered.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I agree about the defensive lineman.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

agreed. It's just another facet of the game. If you have a good Olineman you will not dominate him. Like Sitton on GreenBay, he will shutdown any DT.

16. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Overall I believe the entire offense has played well and been very balanced despite a sub par offensive line.

Who has been your OMVP?
    Tony Richardson has been a huge addition to the running game. He leads though the hole well and always picks up the right guy.

Who has been your DMVP?
    Before injury Da'Quan Bowers was leading the team in sacks and tackles.

How did the FA bidding period and trades go for you?
    Great. I got a brand new backfield and the TE I had targeted. I also added a few hidden FA gems that were later included in BLOCKBUSTER trades.

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season..
    MVP- Still up in the air.
    OPTY - Jamaal Charles has been fantastic, hopefully he doesn't wear down with the amount of carries he receives.
    DPTY - Jon Beason is a crushing hitter that is leading the league in tackles.
    GM - Fuzzyl0gic, was able to pull off a few great trades in his favor that raised the talent level of his team.
    COACH - I think Kasper has done a great job coming into the league without much NFL experience and leading the Jets to a 5-2 record.
    OROTY - Noel Devine, no RB in the league has done more with less touches. Roy Helu and/or Cam as well.
    DROTY - Karl Klug aka Keller KILLER is having a monster season.

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? No comment.

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why? I Peench, he never rages after loosing lol.

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far? Dolphins

Any rules you would like to see, going forward? QB scrambling shouldn't be as regulated as it is. Mobile QBs are at a disadvantage under the current rules. In real life a mobile QB puts pressure on the defense and it should be the same way in the league.

17. fuzzyl0gic

I've enjoyed reading these guys, keep it up. (y)

18. fuzzyl0gic

Eh, I don't think it's too bad the way it is. If people start dropping 8 into coverage on me, I make my reads and nobody is open, I'm going to take off with Cam. I've scrambled maybe 2 or 3 times max in my games, and my opponent has never had a problem with it. There are times when I just try to fit the ball in a tight spot, and maybe I should take to the ground more. If you're staying in the pocket 3-4 seconds and making your reads, there is nothing wrong with taking off (or to avoid pressure). Instant rollouts are NOT allowed, that shit is gay.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Love this answer and couldnt agree more. Until the stat prostitution is under control, records and stats are completely irrelevant. At this point in the TMFL, wins and losses matter most.

As for the questions... Ill get my answers up either tonight or tomorrw.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

@JamaalCharles tweets to @Noel Devine "Run for the edge!"

• Like Like x 5
  21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Appreciate it man. We did have a great game. A real chess match that in the end was decided by a talent differential on offense. I've been on a big cold streak (dropping a CPU game, sigh), so your lead in the east has grown. I'm a very inconsistent player these days, so we'll see what game 2 has in store for us.

22. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

JPP and Jacquin Williams welcome them with open arms...and a helmet to the chin

23. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Mr. Devine "lol"s at his paltry 7.4 avg yds per carry.
    No one cracks back like the Tampa Bay receiving core!

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

WR Mike Wallace. Close to the league lead in receptions, yards and TD. We need to make sure we have cap space for this guy next year.

Who has been your DMVP?

NT Casey Hampton. Continues to stuff the run and leads the team in sacks. Is the anchor on our defensive line. A close second to MLB Lawrence Timmons. Great in coverage and leads the team in tackles.

Free Agency was a total wash. I was outbid on 3 key guys who would have helped immensely. This forced us to make 2 trades. 1 for CB Jabari Greer, the other for RG Cooper Carlisle. Considering I have no clue how the draft picks I moved for them will turn out, Id say they were solid trades so far.

Really not sure how valid the stats are right now. We've seen some late, uncessary scores and a hesitance to play the bench. So those awards are moot as far as I am concerned. However, of the players I have played against...

Offensive MVP- Ray Rice. Only 1 of 2 backs to go for over 100 yards versus us.
    Defensive MVP- Red Bryant (Seattle). Had 3 sacks in our game, and he hurried #7 a lot. Easily the most dominant defensive player we have played against.
    Coach of the Year- Seahawks Coach (not even going to try to spell it). Whooped me pretty good, and I have no idea how he is 3-3.

No one.

Id say Shaun, but that's a given. So probably bawvu97 (I think). The Ravens coach. Outside of Shaun was the only person all season who has gotten on the mic and chatted. Class act and great sportsmanship.

Dont really pay much attention to the comings and goings of other teams moves. I guess I should. I guess considering they are 6-1, right now Id have to say the Redskins and Matrix Monkey. Big surprise here.

Limit the presnap audibles/hot reads somehow.

Make wearing a mic mandatory.

25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

It is, but very few people actually use it.