Midseason Reports (2014)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

#3 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0)
    Who has been you most valuable player(s) so far?
    Tavaris McLaurin has been incredible so far this year. Through five games he has more than 500 yards, but it's not just his stats that makes him so valuable, it's what he does for the rest of this team. His ability to play the role of feature back allowed me to move Ray Hall to wide receiver/slot, where he has flourished. He also takes pressure off of Braxton Miller, who doesn't need to carry the ball nearly as much this year. McLaurin missed a good amount of games last season with injury, most notably the national championship game, and he's reminding Buckeye fans how much they missed him. Give him another year, he will be the best back in college football.
    Who has been your best Freshman?
    My team is stockpiled with veterans, but Aaron Anderson has played well in his minor role. Much like with McLaurin, he is so valuable because of what he allows me to do with my other players. He provides a great backup punch to McLaurin, allowing Hall to spend most of his time out wide. When Anderson touches the ball, you can tell that he's special. He possesses the speed we've seen from Hall and McLaurin the past two years, but has great size as well. I've started referring to him as "the real deal" because he is really as good as advertised. No team has recruited running backs better than Ohio State so far, and Anderson could be the best of all of them.​
    What is the most intriguing storyline developing with your season?
    There's a couple to chose from. Those that don't follow my program closely probably assume that Miller is having a down year, as he's fallen off the Heisman race and his stats are notably down. But in reality, I just have so much more talent around him this year. McLaurin is ready to carry the load and I don't need Braxton to run the ball anymore, though he is still a dangerous weapon to use sparingly. Ray Hall has emerged as a Heisman contender in his place, with the slogan "Ray Hall does all." It's not far from the truth, the Buckeyes use Hall in a bevy of ways. But expect Hall to fall away from the Heisman race in the coming weeks, its just not a priority for the team. ​
    What is a priority ties in to the best storyline, OSU's quest for it's first Chompions League title. We've been in the hunt every year, finishing #3 in the final polls heading into bowl week, and narrowly losing to Texas in the title game last season. The Buckeyes have their best team to date, and looked poised to return to the title game this year. ​
    What game on your remaining schedule are you circling on your calendar?
    Wisconsin. @glencieske handed me a devastating defeat last year in Columbus, and I've been waiting for revenge since that game hit 0:00.​
    What other user team has impressed you the most thus far?
    The usual suspects are always going to be there, but I'm really interested to see what Rekkapryde does this year. This could be the season that he cracks into the BCS.​
    Who are your picks to win the Big 10, SEC and Big 12?
    The Big 10 will come down to the winner of Ohio State/Wisconsin. No offense to Iowa, but the talent isn't there yet, and we still have a lot to learn about that program. ​
    In the SEC, Jon Jon Anderson edged Fred Limbo today, so he gets the nod. Until Ben proves otherwise, the winner of that matchup will always be my pick to decide the SEC​
    In the Big 12, i've got cmassey13. He's the defending national champion, and I would love to get my rematch.​
    What team (aside from yourself) will win the national championship?
    If I can't chose myself, I think that cmassey13 and Jon Jon Anderson will meet up in this year's championship game. Jon Jon Anderson lost in the first season's title game, but I think he has a great shot of capturing the crystal ball this season. ​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ben

Ben Walk On

Georgia Bulldogs (4-1)

So far it has been the freshman QB Lance Jenkins, aka Leroy Jenkins. He has been an absolute stud and currently hold the most passing yards and passing td's out of any collegiate QB. Beating out some top competition in Frazier and Miller.
    This is a tie between QB, Lance Jenkins and WR, Trent Horne. Horne is currently ranked 8th on the top WR's board. What has made him so elite so far has been his speed. He can blow past almost any CB. This makes him a lethal weapon when opposing defenses are in man coverage. The only thing bad about him is that he has 8 dropped passes so far this season. He has the most out of any WR and that is a problem. His hands are the only thing holding him back from being just another guy, to being the go to guy.
    Our defense has been the main storyline. They were atrocious in the loss to Texas A&M. This team can go far behind the arm of Jenkins, but the defense will need to step up their game if Georgia wants to make a run for the SEC title. On a more positive note, I'm liking how we have a young team, especially offensively. This will allow the guys to grow as a unit and get even better in these next few seasons.
    Two games, but the one I'm definitely looking forward to is the Georgia Tech game. They have beat us 2 years in a row and to end the season with a loss, especially to your instate rival is a tough pill to swallow. Obviously the Florida game is huge and has enormous implications to who wins the SEC East, but the Georgia Tech game is a must win this year for the Bulldogs.
    Some good competition is in this league. One team that has impressed me the most so far is Texas. A team that doesn't seem to have that much talent, but was able to win the Nat'l Title last year and be undefeated at this point is impressive. Also Florida because Jon Jon Anderson is a quality opponent.
    Big 12: I'm going to have to go with Texas. cmassey13 seems to have that team under wraps and I don't think Georgia Tech is good enough to beat him out for the Big 12 title.
    Big 10: In this division I believe that Wisconsin will win the division. Spayer419 is a great player, but I think this is the year of the Badger.
    SEC: I gotta go with myself here lol. I haven't won jack squat yet so I need to prove that I'm capable of winning an SEC title.
    I think that cmassey13 will win his second title in a row just because the Big 12 is there for his taking. That means that he has an easy road to the Nat'l title game. I think he will beat either Fred Limbo or Wisconsin for the title.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

#7 Oklahoma Sooners
    It is hard for me not to go with senior quarterback Blake Bell, but freshman Early King has certainly made the biggest impact on this team. The MVP award goes to the player who if he was not on the team, the team would essentially not be nearly as good. While Bell is a huge part, my back up quarterback wouldn't have too many issues if Early King was still on the field. The kid can play. Unfortunately the first two games of the season, including a heart breaking loss at Georgia, who seemed to get all of the breaks, King was not used to his fullest. I was not until Week 3 vs. TCU where Oklahoma truly realized how special King can be.

The fact that there are no storylines. This Oklahoma team is flying under the radar and no one really thinks too highly of them. A loss to Arizona State in our coaches first game really gave Oklahoma a bad name. Now, sitting at #7 with only one heart breaking loss to Georgia in OT, Oklahoma does not get considered to be a threat to win the Big 12 or the National Championship.

Texas Longhorns. This team is the only team remaining on my schedule stopping me from winning a championship. After almost winning in Texas last season, we look forward to the opportunity in Oklahoma this year. A win there would almost guarantee a Big 12 championship.

Texas... Wait, Ohio State... No, Wisconsin.. I mean, Florida.

Ohio State. Too much fire power and a coach looking for revenge.
    In the SEC, Jon Jon Anderson edged Fred Limbo today, so he gets the nod.
    In the Big 12, I've got myself over Texas.

It is so hard to say. If it's not me, than Texas will likely be in the national championship, however we cannot forget about Ohio State, Wisconsin or Florida

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

#12 Iowa Hawkeyes 5-0
    Tough for me to say right now. Jake Rudock was out for ruffly 3 weeks. Alex Hill showed he has talent. Jordan Canzeri proved he can rush better than Damon Bullock. Receivers has been even. So it comes down to Senior middle linebacker Quinton Alston. He has proved he can play both the run, down hill fast and hard impacts and also cover in the secondary.
    Alex Hill i would lean on more but will be outta the starting line up. Marcel Butler has showed up and is playing extremely smart. By far the best freshman at Iowa City.
    Depth has proven not to be a bad factor anymore.
    The Michigan game. Right now its a toss up since the rest of the schedule is kinda lame.
    Not sure. Havent played anyone yet
    Big 10- Ohio State
    Big 12- Texas
    SEC-Auburn

5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

#1 Wisconsin Badgers 4-0
    Melvin Gordon and Vonte Jackson, they have combined for 595 Yds on 108 attempts. They have put this team on their backs so far this season
    MLB George Moore he has been a solid force in the middle of our 3-4 defense this year. He is 3rd in Tkls, 1st in sacks and TKL.
    How will Bart Houston respond when the run game fails. He didn't have to do much vs FSU, the defense and special teams scored Touchdowns to keep the Badgers alive in the Nat'l title race.
    As normal, Ohio State, the winner will play in the B1G title game. (Well......supposedly)
    Georgia, the stats being put up by Freshman signal caller Leroy Jenkins have been outstanding.
    Big 10- Wisconsin
    Big 12- Texas
    SEC - Auburn