Midseason Reports

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Oct 10, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

BUMP N RUN
    Midseason Reports
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1. Team
    2. Conference (Division)
    3. Overall Record (Conference Record)
    4. Place in Conference Standings
    5. Big Wins
    6. Bad Losses
    7. Big games remaining
    8. Off MVP
    9. Def MVP
    10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included)
    11. Outlook for rest of season.

2. onaradio34

[​IMG]

Temple Owls

Big East

3-3 (0-1)

Only 1 game played for all Big East teams so.....tied for last :(

Biggest win was definitley the 18-16 upset of Notre Dame

Worst Loss would have to be Cincy since it put us in a hole in conference play.

Rival Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, USF

Jr HB Kenneth Harper. Has filled in for the loss of Harris nicely with 510 yards and 4 TD's rushing and 84 yards and another TD receiving.

Sr MLB Olaniyi Adewole. Plugged holes to the tune of 16 tackles with 3 sacks. Has also held down the middle of the field in coverage with 3 INT's.

Redshirt Fr LE Matt Ioannidis. 9 Tackles, 3 TFL's and 2 sacks. Has been a pleasant surprise.

Outlook: Having played some tough competition, 3-3 isn't that bad. We are getting more and more confortable with the offense and we will definitely be a player in the Big East race. Whether that be contender or spoiler I don't know. No team is head and shoulders above us where we can't compete on any given day.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BG

BG On The Rize!

[​IMG]

1. Team: THE OKLAHOMA SOONERS

2. Conference (Division): BIG 12

3. Overall Record (Conference Record): 5-1 (3-0)

4. Place in Conference Standings: Oklahoma is currently tied with Iowa St. and TCU for the division lead.

5. Big Wins: Our Biggest victory thus far has to be the Red RIver Shootout Game where OU took down Texas in a thriller 45-38!

6. Bad Losses: Only loss came by way of the then #1 team in the country; USC Trojans!

7. Big games remaining: Actually, this week against The TCU Horned Frogs who are currently ranked #3 and then a showdown with Iowa St. which could possible be for the Conference Championship!

8. Off MVP: No one stands out here as the team has been winning with a collective approach

9. Def MVP: Again, no one stands out, but if I had to choose, it would probably go to MLB Tom Wort who leads the team with 28 stops, 2 sacks, 1 int and a FF.

10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included) CB Kevin Love has 9 tackles, 1 int and 1 FR

11. Outlook for rest of season. Looking to finish strong and if we can get through the next 3 weeks, I believe we can run the table and finish 11-1!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

1. Team: Arizona State Sun Devils

2. Conference (Division): PAC-12 (South Division)

3. Overall Record (Conference Record): 7-0 (4-0)

4. Place in Conference Standings: 1st in division; (Oregon is 5-0 in conf in the North so I guess we'd be a half game back in the overall PAC-12 standings)

5. Big Wins: Beating then #1 USC and the win over Wisconsin to start the year is looking pretty big also since they are now 7-1 and ranked #4

6. Bad Losses: none yet, hopefully we can stay that way.

7. Big games remaining: the biggest game looks to be week 12 at #13 Washington, but if we can make it through to the conference championship then we'd likely be facing Oregon and that'd be the biggest game left.

8. Off MVP: Gotta be JR QB Mike Bercovici. 121 of 171 for 2,188 yards. 25 TDs to 8 Ints, 70% completions over 300 YPG

9. Def MVP: This one's tough, could probably go to DE Davon Coleman, MLB Brandon Johnson, or even CB Alden Darby. Guess I'd have to say Coleman though, 15 sacks 20 TFL and constantly forcing early or bad throws by pressuring the oppossing QB.

10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included): DJ Foster, a RS Frosh WR, 22 catches for 327 yards and 6 TDs along with a 24.6 yd avg on kick returns and 12.5yd avg on punt returns (one return TD as well).

11. Outlook for rest of season: The rest of the schedule is pretty favorable with Washington being the only regular season opponent left with a winning record, but there's still some possible trap games including the always wild "Duel in the Desert" against Arizona to end the season. Hopefully we can at least manage to hold the lead in our division and get a shot at the conference championship. I don't think anyone outside the program believed that we would be in a spot to possibly play for the National Championship, but if we can handle our business, it could happen.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

1. Lousiville Cardinals
    2. Big East
    3. 6-0 (1-0)
    4. Tied for first
    5. BIggest Game: Since I took over for the CPU mid-season Louisville had a very cupcake non-con schedule. I would say my first confrence game against Rutgers was the biggest game so far.
    6. Worst Loss: No losses yet. Cross your fingers.
    7. Big games remaining: We take on a tough Syracuse squad at home in week 11 followed by Cincinatti on the road. The end of season matchup against Temple looks tough as well.
    8. Off MVP: It's been a running back by commitee situation with 3 Senior half back so I think Teddy Bridgewater has been the offensive star so far with 1571 total yards and 20 TDs.
    9. Def MVP: Senior defensive end Marcus Smith leads the team with 12 tackles, all for loss, and 5 sacks.
    10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included): Redshirt Freshman corner Devontre Parnell has gotten the most PT as the 4th best corner on the team. He hasn't compiled a lot of stats but the experience will be invaluable for him when he plays a bigger role next season.
    11. Outlook for rest of season: The team has a good chance of winning the conference and representing the Big East in a BCS bowl. There are a lot of hurdles along the way and someone always plays spoiler in the highly competitive Big East!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

USC
    1. University of Southern California Trojans
    2. PAC-12
    3. 6-1 (4-1)
    4. 3rd in the division 2nd in the Southern Division
    5. Biggest game so far has been against ASU.
    6. Worst loss and only loss was against.....yup you guessed it ASU. Fear the fork huh lol
    7. The biggest game remaining is at the end of the year against #7 Notre Dame
    8. OFF MVP has to be be Mikal Baker my freshman running back who is 3rd in the Heisman running and has 143 Carries for 717 yards (which should increase after rushing for 275 yards and 4 TD's last game) and 15 touchdowns.
    9. Defensive MVP has to go to JR LOLB Dion Bailey who has 22 tackles, 7 TFL, 3 Sacks, and 1 INT. His stats look slim but he plays weak side in a 3-4 defense with other ball-hawking LB's who all also have similar stats.
    10. My impact Freshman has to be my offensive MVP in Freshman RB Mikal Baker. I knew coming in he would be the starter based on his stats and the other backs on my roster but didnt expect him to have this type of impact. Now if only he can stop fumbling (6 on the season)
    11. Outlook for the rest of the season is still pretty bright. Im sitting at #6 with one loss and #5 Oklahoma just helped me out by knocking off #3 TCU. #1 ASU and #2 Oregon will have to duke it out in the PAC-12 Championship at the end of the year so by seasons end I should be sitting pretty for a big bowl game...even though i have a feeling Oklahoma will be playing the winner of the PAC-12 Championship in the Nationional Championship for our first user vs user championship, and ill probably have to tangle with Wisconsin in whatever bowl we get handed.
    My apologies for my mid-season post looking so generic and not all spiffy like everyone elses but i fell asleep lastnight after my game and resorted to doing this at my desk at work...

• Like Like x 3
  7. onaradio34

Shoot, at work is when I get my best posting done!!

8. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

Me too but i can only do so much cause Honeywell has everything blocked. I cant even look at Ea dynasty so i have to use my phone and the computer lol

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Luckily I can see this website from work. However EA is blocked otherwise I would put up a lot mroe content during the day. And do some recruiting too.

10. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

Same Here

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I've done a few recaps from memory but I usually don't have exact stats and I can't get any good highlight shots in there.

12. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

[​IMG]

1. Team: Oregon Ducks
    2. Conference (Division) Pac 12/ North
    3. Overall Record (Conference Record) Overall 8-0/ Confrence 5-0
    4. Place in Conference Standings #1 North
    5. Big Wins 28-21 OT @ Tennessee
    6. Bad Losses That im typing this while in Calculus class / no losses
    7. Big games remaining UCLA/ Oregon State
    8. Off MVP Bryan Bennett/ D'Anthony Thomas
    9. Def MVP Terrance Mitchell
    10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included) Bralon Addison
    11. Outlook for rest of season. The ducks season looks pretty promising, we just have to take care of business. Team wise I want to focus more on establishing the run early. We often hurt ourselves by not coverting on 3rd down. On defense guard better against the pass, and above all have fun.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Syracuse(4).gif
    1. Team: Syracuse Orange
    2. Conference (Division): Big East
    3. Overall Record (Conference Record): (2-4) (1-0)
    4. Place in Conference Standings: 3rd
    5. Big Wins: 16-13 Overtime victory at Texas Tech
    6. Bad Losses: 44-21 loss in the home opener vs Penn State
    7. Big games remaining: at undefeated Louisville and home games vs Cincinnati and Temple
    8. Off MVP: QB Charley Loeb
    9. Def MVP: MLB Marquis Spruill
    10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included): None
    11. Outlook for rest of season: The Orange will attempt to run the table in, aside from Louisville, a weak Big East. Senior QB Charley Loeb will have to lead a high-powered offensive machine with young receivers and a mediocre running game as the team's glaring weakness continues to be the defense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

1. Team: Cincinnati Bearcats
    2. Conference (Division): Big East
    3. Overall Record (Conference Record) 1-6 (1-1)
    4. Place in Conference Standings 4th as of Wk 9, about to go down
    5. Big Wins Our only win against Temple was our biggest of the year, although I have amnesia and don't remember that game, it reminded us we can still repeat as Big East champions if we get our act together.
    6. Bad Losses Our losses against Miami University, Washington, and Illinois were the worst losses, we were within a touchdown of victory and couldn't finish the deal, something we need to work on immensely in the coming weeks.
    7. Big games remaining Our games against Syracuse and Louisville will go a long way in determining the champion of the Big East conference. A victory in either of these games and we will be on the right track in terms of a big bowl appearance.
    8. Off MVP Jamaal Poteat has been the only solid contributer we can lean on offensively, he has 119 attempts for 565 yards. A key stat to take note of is he has zero touchdowns thus far - a revitalizing of the offense may come from giving him the ball more and in many more key situations.
    9. Def MVP This one was a tossup between ROLB Nick Temple and SS Arryn Chenault. Nick Temple has been consistently shutting down the run on his side of the field, wrapping up ballcarriers 23 times and putting them down behind the line of scrimmage 13 times. Arryn Chenault has been the only bright spot in a horrrendous secondary, gaining 19 tackles and 3 interceptions on the year so far. He has committed some mental errors however, so he must improve for the Bearcats to remain in contention.
    10. Impact Freshman (Redshirt Fr included)
    • FB Alfred Malone, has provided a nice change of pace as a true freshman. He has ran for 46 yards on 13 attempts and 1 touchdown.
    11. Outlook for rest of season. : Judging by last season, there is still plenty of time to turn this season around. Hopefully we can finish 6-6 for the year and gain some momentum for next year

• Like Like x 1